Starting Lineup vs Peru - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Lineup vs Peru

McFaddensLeftBoot

————Archer—————

—-Hendry—Mulgrew—-McKenna

Paterson——————————Shinnie

———————McTominay—————

—————McLean———McGinn——

————-McBurnie——Phillips——

Phillips and Mcburnie giving us target options in a system that operates almost as 5-4-1 off the ball with Phillips shaping off and 3–5–2 on the ball.

McTominay sitting in midfield to let McGinn and McLean express themselves.

With who we have left, whoever starts tomorrow ... If they perform well it could be the making of them.

Peru are a properly good side. Much better than Mexico. They have the potential to take our young team to the cleaners. 

That said I'll be cheering them all the way. My half Peruvian son has divided loyalties for this one, but I'm hoping he's wearing his Scotland shirt by the final whistle.

I'd look at something like this:

McBurnie - Russell
Shinnie - McTominay - Christie - McGinn - Paterson
McKenna - Mulgrew - Hendry
Archer

McBurnie and Russell can both make things happen by themselves up front.
Christie seems to be better in a central role, and I massively impressed when he played left against Holland.
McTominay and McGinn have enough in them to be a stable base.
I'd like to see Shinnie in the middle, but he has to play left over Stevenson in this game.
The rest pretty much picks itself.
Keeper could be debated. McLaughlin's probably the best of the three, but Archer's not far behind and  probably better to 'invest the cap in' given his age. I'm still yet to be convinced by Bain.

Anyone starting Phillips needs a serious look at themselves he's utter donkey baws. 

Would like to see Russell get a decent chance since he's never really had one and always felt he should have. Think he will start McLaughlin then give bain the second half. Probably a lot of changes at half time/60 minsish

I imagine it will be along the lines of: McLaughlin; Hendry, Mulgrew, McKenna; Cadden/O’Donnell, Shinnie/Stevenson; McTominay, McGeouch, McGinn; McLean, Phillips/McBurnie.

Cadden and O'Donnell, Shinnie and Stevenson and Phillips and McBurnie will likely play the equivalent of one game each over the next couple.

Not expecting anything scoreline wise. Looking for one or two more to step up to the mark alongside Hendry and McKenna cementing places on the setup moving forward.

Won't get much of a chance to watch live so have the game recorded and will watch a bit tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Scored the winner in our last game though. Looked a better player through the middle than out wide.

So did Chris Martin at one point, still fat and shite and English