Toulon Tournament - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Toulon Tournament

weekevie04

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Good result, terrible football. MacKay roaring and swearing to clear their lines all the time.

Great result......still disappointing how backs-to-the-wall we were second half mind. We’ve got technically better players than that.

51 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Very disciplined performance. 

Ended up with 2 16yr olds in our side  One that played full game. 

Incredible result to beat a team who’s always one of the best at every age group.

Who were the 16 year olds? Gilmour still 16? 

Ryan Porteous is definitely a future full international, as long as he stays fit. Marshall’s the defence well and very  composed with the ball at his feet.

Hopefully see more of Eliott Watt in the next game, heard very good things about him. 

57 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Come on, they’ve got a population of 90 million or the like. It was more or less 50:50 before we scored. 

90 million ?

I'm just being pedantic it's 60m but point taken.

☺️

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gilmour and the boy from Hearts 

France proper 21s played Italy yesterday so guessing this is their 19s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Toulon_Tournament_squads

Think again all there squad was born in 98, 97 while our's was a mix between 97-01

Just think they have a bigger group of playes to pick from.

Edited by bookerman

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Cochrane playing? 

No, I don't think he is the squad. Does anyone know why?

Anyway, was so impressed last night to see a Scotland team so comfortable on the ball. Also disappointed we dropped back so much in the second half but never mind.

Burke though showed why, as a teenager, he had clubs queuing up for him. There's one hell of a player in there. We just need somebody to get it out of him.

5 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

don't think Cochrane has played for the under 21's yet,  Cochrane and McDonald did pull out of the last under 17's squad as Hearts had some games they were obviously needed for.

5 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Anyway, was so impressed last night to see a Scotland team so comfortable on the ball. Also disappointed we dropped back so much in the second half but never mind.

Burke though showed why, as a teenager, he had clubs queuing up for him. There's one hell of a player in there. We just need somebody to get it out of him.

The team last night had a fair few talented guys who are technically very good. It's also impressive that gilmour is playing at the age of 16. Imo every game I see Burke in he doesn't see enough of the ball to be effective. Hopefully he can develop his game next season as there is ability there and he's only 21 so theres still time for him to come good. Still surprised he wasn't in the full squad.

i think the defending was great to see but the overall set up was very poor.

Simple things like goal kicks all went to the same place ( not 1 short or a slight variety ) so we didn't even try to play football.

Throw ins all went down the line and it didn't matter who was on the end of it.

I watched the game from about 20 min and i struggle to remember how many times we passed the ball over 3 times.

This is youth football we have to teach these players how to play football not kick and chase.

I don't know who was shouting from the side line but if they are part of the SFA they should be told don't go near a football match again. TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT. 

15 hours ago, bookerman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Toulon_Tournament_squads

Think again all there squad was born in 98, 97 while our's was a mix between 97-01

Just think they have a bigger group of playes to pick from.

Ha, cheers.

They certainly looked older than our guys. Just wasn't sure if they had gone with a younger side for experience as Dembele etc were playing Italy.

I think the reaction on here is a little negative. First half we were certainly the better team. We kept the ball well and passed well. Movement was excellent. Johnston and Burke stood out.

In the second half it was a shame to see us back off but you could say it paid off. McRorie' s save was fantastic and the defence worked as one. Sadly It's hard to  pick a defender out as I was watching on a small mobile phone.

Not saying they will be worldbeaters. Just that it was great to see a Scotland team look so confident on the ball.