Liverpool vs Real Madrid.. - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liverpool vs Real Madrid..

On 5/28/2018 at 10:17 AM, SMcoolJ said:

100%. Hard one to punish retrospectively but Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Why else lock onto Salah’s arm and roll over him?  In some ways, you’ve got to admire his opportunism. However, he’s the devil incarnate. He’d switch off your life support machine to charge his phone. 

Mmm, not sure about that. He locked Salah’s right arm but it was the left shoulder that got injured.

Ramos is still a horrible bastard though. 

On 5/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Just seen the clip of Ramos deliberately and sneakily elbowing Karius in the head around the 49th minute

Maybe mild concussion after it

On 5/27/2018 at 9:38 AM, phart said:

It's probable. Concussions are weird things, you see it in fighting an innocuous blow can be devastating to decision making process, happens all the time.

Confirmed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Why did they have to send him all the way to Massachusetts for tests? 

The lights all went out in Massachusetts

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Why did they have to send him all the way to Massachusetts for tests?  Surely that could have been done here?

Im sure I read he was on holiday near there and felt unwell.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Im sure I read he was on holiday near there and felt unwell.

Liverpool are owned by the same people that own the Boston Red Sox, I'm sure its entirely coincidental.

Basically Liverpool have thrown their medical department under a bus to save the reputation of their goalkeeper.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

In what way does it throw the medical department under the bus?

By implying that they didn't spot the concussion - or alert the management to the possibility.

They are trying obviously to shift the blame on to Ramos, after all he is a bit of a pantomime villain anyway but the implication is they should have subbed the keeper.

They also seem to have left it undiagnosed, you would have thought that any competent medical team would have had him tested after the game if there was any suspicison of concussion. 

Edited by aaid

At the end of last year the NFL made significant changes to it's concussion protocol which had been violated on occasion since it was introduced some years ago

If it's rules had been implemented an expert in a booth would have instructed Karius to be taken off for examination

Clearly in NFL you can come off the field and return at any time and in football he would have had to be subbed

Maybe it's time for that to be introduced to football as well - in fact with the money involved along with the potential for injury law suits id say it's almost guaranteed to come in within the next 5-10 years

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, aaid said:

By implying that they didn't spot the concussion - or alert the management to the possibility.

They are trying obviously to shift the blame on to Ramos, after all he is a bit of a pantomime villain anyway but the implication is they should have subbed the keeper.

They also seem to have left it undiagnosed, you would have thought that any competent medical team would have had him tested after the game if there was any suspicison of concussion. 

Yeah but he showed no obvious signs, and no protocol is in place for them to make the decision. I can see what you're saying but I don't think it reflects that badly.

1 minute ago, phart said:

Yeah but he showed no obvious signs, and no protocol is in place for them to make the decision. I can see what you're saying but I don't think it reflects that badly.

Perhaps I'm just being cynical about the motives here.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Liverpool are owned by the same people that own the Boston Red Sox, I'm sure its entirely coincidental.

Basically Liverpool have thrown their medical department under a bus to save the reputation of their goalkeeper.

Absolutely. Liverpool desperately trying to save karius’ reputation because they want to offload him (for obvious reasons) and without the concussion excuse, theyre not going to get terribly much for him.

I’m sure if they pay the quack in Boston enough, he’ll also say karius was concussed during all those other games he’s had a howler.

I wonder if those plucky scousers have started a petition to have the final replayed yet....

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Lost all credibility as soon as he says 24 year old kid.

The tweet he has quoted is obviously a bad attempt at a joke, is that not allowed.

It's American sporting vernacular. Everyone who plays is a kid for folk of a certain age. I noticed it watching inside the NBA and especially in boxing and MMA.

I don't think anyone is commenting on the guy being allowed to joke or not. The other guy is a tad bit sensitive though lol.