Liverpool vs Real Madrid.. - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liverpool vs Real Madrid..

Just now, shaggycoo said:

Still fishing for grammar police?!

You got it.  It's amazing what people on here will be offended by.  If they can't beat you in a simple discussion then they will bring you if you missed a comma'.  It's a good Board though if folk would get of their high hoarse.  There is a wee boy vanderark who refuses to discuss anything if I am involved.  Now I know I have made it here.  Cheers.

57 minutes ago, phart said:

Just seen a load of still shots of Ramos v Salah. Ramos is dirty as fuck, he over-hooked the arm just at the elbow, then clamps and twists as he falls and lands on it. He was trying to pop something in the arm.

Completely agree. Totally deliberate and job done. Horrible cheat. 

2 hours ago, phart said:

Just seen a load of still shots of Ramos v Salah. Ramos is dirty as fuck, he over-hooked the arm just at the elbow, then clamps and twists as he falls and lands on it. He was trying to pop something in the arm.

I agree what Ramos did was a deliberate attempt to injure Salah and he succeeded, hopefully he'll be punished retrospectively for that and his assault on the Liverpool goalie.

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Am I the only happy guy on the bored this morning?

No, you've got a lot of people 'on the bored'.

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's a good Board though if folk would get of their high hoarse.  

Like Rod Stewart trying to sing falsetto. 

Forget Champions Lge.... really looking forward to watching some football, not on Sky, but on SKYE !!

Edited by buckielugger

21 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

I agree what Ramos did was a deliberate attempt to injure Salah and he succeeded, hopefully he'll be punished retrospectively for that and his assault on the Liverpool goalie.

You think Ramos deliberately tried to dislocate Salahs shoulder? He had a hold of him aye, but it was innocuous, if we're looking to hand out retrospective punishment for things like that then governing bodies wouldn't be able to do anything else for a whole season. 

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

You think Ramos deliberately tried to dislocate Salahs shoulder? He had a hold of him aye, but it was innocuous, if we're looking to hand out retrospective punishment for things like that then governing bodies wouldn't be able to do anything else for a whole season. 

100%. Hard one to punish retrospectively but Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Why else lock onto Salah’s arm and roll over him?  In some ways, you’ve got to admire his opportunism. However, he’s the devil incarnate. He’d switch off your life support machine to charge his phone. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

100%. Hard one to punish retrospectively but Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Why else lock onto Salah’s arm and roll over him?  In some ways, you’ve got to admire his opportunism. However, he’s the devil incarnate. He’d switch off your life support machine to charge his phone. 

If he did do it deliberately then he'd be the smartest footballer of all time and given his disciplinary record over his career we know that cannot be true.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

If he did do it deliberately then he'd be the smartest footballer of all time and given his disciplinary record over his career we know that cannot be true.

It’s not smart at all. It’s devious. He does this type of thing all the time. It’s a dark art and he’s a fine practitioner. 

I was desperate for Liverpool to win, but I can't believe for a second that Ramos deliberately crocked Salah in that way...had it been a 50/50 where he had gone over the ball or whatever, then aye fair enough, but it was a tangle of two players who had a hold of each other, and one landed awkwardly. No way was it intentional.

17 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I was desperate for Liverpool to win, but I can't believe for a second that Ramos deliberately crocked Salah in that way...had it been a 50/50 where he had gone over the ball or whatever, then aye fair enough, but it was a tangle of two players who had a hold of each other, and one landed awkwardly. No way was it intentional.

That exactly why he took him out the way he did. Make it look like an accident to avoid the red card. Anyone else trying that you’d maybe question the intention, but no him. 100% deliberate. 

4 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

It’s not smart at all. It’s devious. He does this type of thing all the time. It’s a dark art and he’s a fine practitioner. 

You able to point me in the direction of the numerous other players who have had their shoulder dislocated by Ramos? Of course he was trying to injure him in some way, but to say he deliberately set out to dislocate his shoulder is nonsense.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

It's nothing to do with being smart.

You isolate a limb.

you restrict it's movement in one direction.

you attach yourself to said limb it's called clamping in grappling..

You then move in the direction you've restricted.

See if Sergio ramos had also put his left leg in between Salah's and then kicked upwards (past his own hip line) against one of salah's leg you could actually call the move Hane-makikomi well slight difference in grip in the set up, the opposite hand is used to pull the arm in, but Salah was leaning against Ramos so no need to grab his sleeve and drag him in.

17 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You able to point me in the direction of the numerous other players who have had their shoulder dislocated by Ramos? Of course he was trying to injure him in some way, but to say he deliberately set out to dislocate his shoulder is nonsense.

You able to point me in the direction of where I said he specifically tried to dislocate his shoulder?  FFS, not even a surgeon could be that precise. He tried to injure him. He succeeded. That is my point.  😂

4 hours ago, Mox said:

It was the Ramos rolling over Salah after he had pulled down whilst holding him that did the damage and it did look like a cynical attempt to get him out of the game.

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

You able to point me in the direction of where I said he specifically tried to dislocate his shoulder?  FFS, not even a surgeon could be that precise. He tried to injure him. He succeeded. That is my point.  😂

You literally said it about 5 posts up.

Mox: You think Ramos deliberately tried to dislocate Salahs shoulder?

You: 100%.

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You literally said it about 5 posts up.

Mox: You think Ramos deliberately tried to dislocate Salahs shoulder?

You: 100%.

I meant the injure part.

Ramos set out to injure Salah and knew what he was doing by holding his arm and rolling over. Don’t think “shoulder disclocation” was what Ramos was definitively thinking but he’d have been happy with the outcome.  

Edited by SMcoolJ

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I meant the injure part.

Ramos set out to injure Salah and knew what he was doing by holding his arm and rolling over. Don’t think “shoulder disclocation” was what Ramos was definitively thinking but he’d have been happy with the outcome.  

Can't argue with that then. Leaving one on Salah was definitely high on Ramos to do list.

Liverpool have no captain, 2005 Gerrard took the game by the scruff of it's neck, Henderson proved he is completely incapable of that a long time ago. Poorest captain I've ever seen at LFC. He's an empty jersey and I can't believe he's still getting a game. They will never win trophies with a captain that poor. 

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

It was the Ramos rolling over Salah after he had pulled down whilst holding him that did the damage and it did look like a cynical attempt to get him out of the game.

Definitely agree with that. He locked his arm in and fell/rolled him as they were falling with, IMO, the intent to try and hurt him/land on him and do him some sort of damage.