Liverpool vs Real Madrid.. - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liverpool vs Real Madrid..

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There’s a few confused folk on social media and the TAMB. People creaming themselves about Andy Robertson and wanting Liverpool to win as he’s scottish and it’ll be a boost to the national team (not sure how), whenever Celtc and the real Rangers in the bygone days of yore played in Europe they took great delight in when they got pumped 

Still do.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A club and fans go hand in hand. Without the club you don’t have the fans, without the fans you don’t have the club

Off course they are the same

Well, Rangers and their fans are the same.

And Sevco and their fans are the same.

And Rangers fans and Sevco fans are the same... but, Rangers and Sevco are different clubs.

So Robertson had a good game? That can only be good for Scotland experience (thinking of Lambert, Fletcher)

Apart from Robertson doing well I don't understand Scottish club followers hoping the Liverpool or Manchester teams do well as they head over the horizon in terms of Champions League / European Cup honours relative to Scottish clubs. The unfair advantage of that so-called League, given to bigger nations. + It devalues being champions of Europe - Real Madrid maybe, but Liverpool can't even be champions in England. 

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’ll  have a go at answering that if I may, I go over and see Arsenal several times a season, been to loads of Liverpool games at the Emirates, they are without the worst fans who visit, I’ve witnessed them snatching tickets  out of the hand from their own supporters approaching the turnstiles then disappear into the crowd. 

My shared season ticket is right next the away fans, at the game this season (3-3 draw) Liverpool were cruising 2-0 up, Arsenal hit back with 3 quick goals, a plastic pint glass flew over in our direction hitting this young 19 year girl who I always chat to, unfortunately for her the glass wasn’t full of beer but piss, the poor girl was covered, all their fans close to us thought it was hilarious, I could tell many more tales of the English media darlings, they are utter scum in my opinion. 

I think most people who watch EPL football live would agree with you.  

9 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Serves them right for being gloryhunters and not supporting their own teams.

Good answer.  But life not like that.  You will know people from your own town that support other sides.  I don't think that makes everyone glory hunters Cove.  When you are wee you are impressionable and it sticks with you.  If life was that simple we would all support our local teams.  I met folk in Gala tonite who support every team in Scotland plus Liverpool.  But no Gala Fairydean supporters. 😪

Just seen the clip of Ramos deliberately and sneakily elbowing Karius in the head around the 49th minute

Maybe mild concussion after it

Edited by Ally Bongo

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Scoland and Glasgow Rangers Forever.

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

ha ha.  Stevie g has signed up for the most successful club side in the world. And you are still in denial o large one.  What will you be saying when the Gers win the league next year?  That we are not alive?  Or even worse you have to admit to being second to a team that doesn't exist?  The real Celtic fans I know are looking forward to the challenge again.  But wee weans like you insist on 'rangers dinny exist noo so it disny bother me'.  Prick.

Jees can you not shut the f@ck up about rangers - even on a Liverpool/ real thread.

You go on about them more than I do FFS.

3 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Jees can you not shut the f@ck up about rangers - even on a Liverpool/ real thread.

In the interest of fairness will you be quoting Big Ramy on his op going about Celtc?

Didnt watch it. Didnt WANT to watch it.
Cant stand Liverpool.
Despise the neofascists running Spain now & their appalling suppression of self-determination in Catalonia so didnt want Madrid to have more success either.
So avoided final. Up in the Highlands. No idea who won. No interest in who won.
Plus Champions Lge itself is now run solely for the benefit of the few ultra billionaire clubs

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I was responding Shed.  If you don't want me to defend my club then you don't know me.  I never see you slating Ramy or Scotty for slating Sevco/Scum etc.  But I defend and respond to them and it is me you have a go at?  You got the wrong guy kid.  Happy Sunday.

Just now, buckielugger said:

Didnt watch it. Didnt WANT to watch it.
Cant stand Liverpool.
Despise the neofascists running Spain now & their appalling suppression of self-determination in Catalonia so didnt want Madrid to have more success either.
So avoided final. Up in the Highlands. No idea who won. No interest in who won.
Plus Champions Lge itself is now run solely for the benefit of the few ultra billionaire clubs

Ha ha.  So you are not interested in it at all then 😛

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just seen the clip of Ramos deliberately and sneakily elbowing Karius in the head around the 49th minute

It's probable. Concussions are weird things, you see it in fighting an innocuous blow can be devastating to decision making process, happens all the time.

Just seen a load of still shots of Ramos v Salah. Ramos is dirty as fuck, he over-hooked the arm just at the elbow, then clamps and twists as he falls and lands on it. He was trying to pop something in the arm.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

Just seen a load of still shots of Ramos v Salah. Ramos is dirty as fuck, he over-hooked the arm just at the elbow, then clamps and twists as he falls and lands on it. He was trying to pop something in the arm.

Spot on, said at the time it was deliberate, don’t do social media but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Scousers have started some sort of petition against him.

It’s what they do. 

9 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Spot on, said at the time it was deliberate, don’t do social media but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Scousers have started some sort of petition against him.

It’s what they do. 

Let it go Jim! Listen to the Dubliners and the leaving of liverpool.  Good song.  Am I the only happy guy on the bored this morning?

39 minutes ago, phart said:

It's probable. Concussions are weird things, you see it in fighting an innocuous blow can be devastating to decision making process, happens all the time.

Karius is probably wishing now that Ramos did a proper number on him forcing him to go off injured.

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

28 minutes ago, phart said:

He has been a dirty cheatin bass for years, no surprised by any of this - no wonder he is always good for a red card!