Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs

They will make a fortune over there. Americans and Canadians love all this Royal shit. They wont care if be has ‘stepped ‘ down,  he will still be a member of the Royal family and a likeable one at that. That will open doors everywhere.  Ffs even Fergie made  money from the connection . 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

They will make a fortune over there. Americans and Canadians love all this Royal shit. They wont care if be has ‘stepped ‘ down,  he will still be a member of the Royal family and a likeable one at that. That will open doors everywhere.  Ffs even Fergie made  money from the connection . 

Aye off of Jeffrey Epstein!

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

At the time when William and Kate were getting married, I'd already booked to go to the USA - New York and Boston for 10 days.   The way it worked out, Easter was very late - towards the end of April, so you had Good Friday and Easter Monday off, then the week after was the May bank holiday, so basically you could get away for 10 days only using four days leave, I thought that was too good a chance to miss and so booked up.    Then the announced the wedding and that was another public holiday on the Friday and so that was down to three days leave.   

I thought magic, 10 days in the States, 3 days leave and I can get away from all this Royal Wedding bollocks.   If anything it was worse there than it would've been back in the UK.

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

At the time when William and Kate were getting married, I'd already booked to go to the USA - New York and Boston for 10 days.   The way it worked out, Easter was very late - towards the end of April, so you had Good Friday and Easter Monday off, then the week after was the May bank holiday, so basically you could get away for 10 days only using four days leave, I thought that was too good a chance to miss and so booked up.    Then the announced the wedding and that was another public holiday on the Friday and so that was down to three days leave.   

I thought magic, 10 days in the States, 3 days leave and I can get away from all this Royal Wedding bollocks.   If anything it was worse there than it would've been back in the UK.

😀

Worse  still,  every second person was probably saying to you  ‘ OMG , are you Breerish’ ? Do you know William and Kate ? 😍😍

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😀

Worse  still,  every second person was probably saying to you  ‘ OMG , are you Breerish’ ? Do you know William and Kate ? 😍😍

I met them once when they were in St Andrews. Started pishing on their bushes before a security guy suggested that it might not be the best idea. Nae privacy whatsoever. 

11 hours ago, Och Aye said:

🙏 Pray for Meghan Markel 

Let's hope she can afford a shit hot security team. 

Lucky for her Philip is a bit poorly these days or the White Uno squad would have been dispatched already. Very weird move this. I think Harry's head is completely gone. Popcorn time.

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😀

Ha Ha - This reminds me of a night me and my wife where drinking in a bar in New York, we got talking to a couple from New Jersey and they where saying how much most folk "hate the Brits" - when I tried explaining that "the Brits" part is only a land mass, that there are 4 countries on said land mass & that he was probably referring to England - well let me just say we manged to get through roughly 4 rounds of drinks before they understood (I think) :lol:

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Lucky for her Philip is a bit poorly these days or the White Uno squad would have been dispatched already. Very weird move this. I think Harry's head is completely gone. Popcorn time.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Earl Spencer has had a hand in all this given his attack on the benefit scroungers at his sisters funeral

9 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Earl Spencer has had a hand in all this given his attack on the benefit scroungers at his sisters funeral

Remember it well - surprised he is still around, thought at the time "fuck me don't hold back mate" :lol:

On 1/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, aaid said:

It’s a hundred times worse in the states. You can’t go anywhere without having them flung in yer pus fae all angles. My Maw In Law kens I detest that lot. She had to tell my Wife tae hae a word wae me as she gets offended at me calling them cunts. Especially Diana who in my Maw In Law’s words was “an exceptionally kind and humble person” 😂

8 hours ago, WCTA said:

It’s a hundred times worse in the states. You can’t go anywhere without having them flung in yer pus fae all angles. My Maw In Law kens I detest that lot. She had to tell my Wife tae hae a word wae me as she gets offended at me calling them cunts. Especially Diana who in my Maw In Law’s words was “an exceptionally kind and humble person” 😂

I was 17 when they got married & was in a pub in Cornwall with my Mum & Dad. I refused to watch it, had a pint thrown over me later on & when I said something about what a load of crap it was, some lass told my mother I was a disgrace & she needed to get me sorted out.

Pretty much cemented my Republican views for life that night.

4 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I was 17 when they got married & was in a pub in Cornwall with my Mum & Dad. I refused to watch it, had a pint thrown over me later on & when I said something about what a load of crap it was, some lass told my mother I was a disgrace & she needed to get me sorted out.

Pretty much cemented my Republican views for life that night.

We moved to  England in 86 when I was six and within a few months of  me joining school they showed Andy and Fergie's wedding in class because it was during the week.  When they got all the class 1's and 2's in the room they asked if anyone wanted to do something else instead and I was the only one.  Still remember it vividly as pretty daunting having a whole room look at you like some weirdo - it was bizarre.  It wasn't even as a protest but my dad had gone on for weeks how shit it would be so being offered a way out seemed a great solution.  

I ended up in the spare classroom next door, which was an absolute shithole just used for storage with barely room for me to sit at a desk, on my own unsupervised.     

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

We moved to  England in 86 when I was six and within a few months of  me joining school they showed Andy and Fergie's wedding in class because it was during the week.  When they got all the class 1's and 2's in the room they asked if anyone wanted to do something else instead and I was the only one.  Still remember it vividly as pretty daunting having a whole room look at you like some weirdo - it was bizarre.  It wasn't even as a protest but my dad had gone on for weeks how shit it would be so being offered a way out seemed a great solution.  

I ended up in the spare classroom next door, which was an absolute shithole just used for storage with barely room for me to sit at a desk, on my own unsupervised.     

I would pay good money to read young Thistlewhistle’s royal wedding musings scribed from an unsupervised  desk  😊