Russia 2018 - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My world cup thoughts:

VAR: jury still out.

Messi and Ronaldo: International careers over.

So called 'big teams' not 'big teams' anymore.

Russia: excellent hosts by all accounts.

England: not over hyped for a change but not good enough, lucky to reach semi's.

Neymar, Sterling and because of today Griezman an embarrassment to themselves and their country due to their simulation (diving) antics, not the only ones but high profile players.

Overall enjoyable tournament. One thing could've made it better........Us.

Congratulations to France. I think they were worthy winners of the tournament. They beat Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia in the knockout stages, all without needing a penalty shootout. That takes some doing. I feel a bit sorry for Croatia today, but they can be proud of what they've achieved.

3 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Neymar, Sterling and because of today Griezman an embarrassment to themselves and their country due to their simulation (diving) antics, not the only ones but high profile players.

Totally agree.:ok:

22 minutes ago, exile said:

Rationally you may be correct but that is never going to make me like or toast this French side.

Yes they took their chances but they had space because Croatia were chasing the game. Partly because the French were falling over and moaning to the ref.

All down the years there are world cups and someone wins it it every time. Some are much loved worthy winners, and then there are the rest. 

It’s easy to be rational when you have no real vested interest.

Bloody disgrace Putin has a brolly and that blonde wunnins hair is getting soaked. 

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

And by the same logic, Griezmann the worst of all because his antics helped him win the final. 

Edited by exile