Russia 2018 - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, TDYER63 said:

😢

No arguing with that. 

I want to argue. You can win a game but you can't make people like you. This French team have too many moaners, play actors and time wasters. 

1 minute ago, exile said:

I want to argue. You can win a game but you can't make people like you. This French team have too many moaners, play actors and time wasters. 

🙂, that may be so, but they are clinical and ruthless too, and took their chances well. 

I would give up a night oot with Jamie from Outlander for Croatia to win this,  there is no dount whose side I am on . 

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Ref will be relieved that godawful penalty call didn't settle it.

It did change the game though - huge psychological difference, especially for the French considering they were winning despite being very poor in the first half.

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🙂, that may be so, but they are clinical and ruthless too, and took their chances well. 

I would give up a night oot with Jamie from Outlander for Croatia to win this,  there is no dount whose side I am on . 

Rationally you may be correct but that is never going to make me like or toast this French side.

Yes they took their chances but they had space because Croatia were chasing the game. Partly because the French were falling over and moaning to the ref.

All down the years there are world cups and someone wins it it every time. Some are much loved worthy winners, and then there are the rest. 

13 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

It did change the game though - huge psychological difference, especially for the French considering they were winning despite being very poor in the first half.

Indeed. It might not have been the deciding goal, but it was absolutely pivotal.

Had the ref got the decision right we might well have had a totally different outcome. Then again we might not have, but we’ll never know. And it definitely leaves a sour taste.