Russia 2018 - Page 78 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure if Belgium were up for it more or England just couldn't be arsed being there.

I'd say Belgium were up for it far more and England were totally deflated. Belgium much the better side though. But, the main thing: one last excuse to go on the piss.

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Would you say Mbappé was world class? I’m taking a slagging from my mates because I think he’s too young to be definied as world class yet, although he’s best player I’ve seen at that age for a long time 

It’s a toss of a coin between him and Modric for player of the tournament IMO and given his age and lack of experience on this stage I’d say M’bappe edges it, so yes!

Edited by DoonTheSlope
The fact I backed him as my player of the tournament hasn’t clouded my judgement whatsoever

20 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It’s a toss of a coin between him and Modric for player of the tournament IMO and given his age and lack of experience on this stage I’d say M’bappe edges it, so yes!

I guess we could see later today... if one or other rises to the occasion it could confirm who edges it...

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Would you say Mbappé was world class? I’m taking a slagging from my mates because I think he’s too young to be definied as world class yet, although he’s best player I’ve seen at that age for a long time 

I'd agree with you on that - he's stunningly good, no doubt about it, but for me 'world class' is about more than just that; you'd need to see him do a lot more for a longer period of time to start to put him in any sort of world elite/all-time great category. I suspect he'll end up there, but at the moment he's more in the highly gifted, up & coming category (which I just made up).

On 7/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Ormond said:

Paul Scholes was their last World class midfielder.

You're probably right but I was thinking of performances in an England shirt. Scholes did not have many of those. 

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

France. Took them at 7’s before it started. 

Mon les blues

Took France as my big pick before the start too but after Croatia beat Argentina I started backing them each way so hoping for a France win to make up for my disastrous gambling season 

If I wasn’t a gambler then I’d be wanting Croatia. Loved the place whenever I’ve beem there and liked the Croatian team since Euro 2008

They have some of the best ball players in the world, fatigue shouldn’t be an issue im 90minutes as the occasion will pull them through

57 minutes ago, exile said:

So the final's 4pm today?

I thought this and yesterday's were at 7pm, completely missed Belgium England! :lol:

I’m in Majorca just now, there was guys ditching kids left, right & centre when they realised it was on. :rollsmile: