Russia 2018 - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Back to the football...

I cannot understand how anyone can say they over-achieved (ex. players and fans alike).

They played 2 minnows who they're expected to beat every time...

The Belgium match may have been irrelevant and played by squad players, but they lost it anyway...

They couldn't beat an average Colombia team in open play...

They did beat a average Sweden team.

Then they lost tonight.

They've won just one match in open play against anyone other than a minnow.

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

Back to the football...

I cannot understand how anyone can say they over-achieved (ex. players and fans alike).

They played 2 minnows who they're expected to beat every time...

The Belgium match may have been irrelevant and played by squad players, but they lost it anyway...

They couldn't beat an average Colombia team in open play...

They did beat a average Sweden team.

Then they lost tonight.

They've won just one match in open play against anyone other than a minnow.

Was that essentially the team we drew 2-2 with in the qualifiers?

17 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I've heard that before from decent England fans.

Incidently, it wasn't until yesterday I saw the IKEA footage...

I'd been told by an English colleague it was hilarious.

No, it was appalling.

What got me was there appeared to be a couple of Asian lassies working on the entrance, who must've been terrified when a bunch of pissed up aggressive white males stormed in.

What would these twats have done in IKEA if Sweden had actually won?!

Then there's the bus, ambulance and taxi footage.

At a time when they should be expressing happiness and joy, they express aggression.

What the f*ck is wrong with them?

I heard tongith the fat bird was scottish 

11 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Drink?

Scotland fans do more than most in the drinking, but would we act like that?

I'm not saying Scotland fans have never acted like twats; I'm sure I probably have on occasion, but we don't seem to have an aggressive-mob-mentality.

Are we capable of it? Christ I hope not.

It's a strange thing to show such aggression when you're supposed to be happy.

I also think of Rooney at this point... Scoring against West Ham a few years ago and swearing aggressively into the camera by way of a 'celebration'.

It's mental.

Need to ask a psychologist.

7 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I'm not saying Scotland fans have never acted like twats; I'm sure I probably have on occasion, but we don't seem to have an aggressive-mob-mentality.

I also think of Rooney at this point... Scoring against West Ham a few years ago and swearing aggressively into the camera by way of a 'celebration'.

It's mental.

Maybe you posted that before my edit. I'd hope the same as you but I'm not confident my hopes would be fulfilled.

18 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

It's mental.

Scotland fans absolutely destroyed some poor sods car in Paris dancing on it. 

Watched the game in a bar in Majorca, don’t think I’ve ever been so unpopular in my life when the second goal went in. 9 Scots in our company and absolute pandemonium when it went in. One lassie was screaming at the top of her voice all night, then instantly looked like she was ready to bottle me at full time :lol:

My 10 year old doing a dance from Fortnite (whatever the fuck that is) with an L symbol on his forehead was particularly unpopular with her :rollsmile: 

Makes the holiday all the more bearable now knowing that absolutely no one gives a fuck about the playoff match :)

Only saw a bit of the game. Extra time. A Macedonian guy tells me that in the old Yugoslavian days they used to do this thing where the forwards would pretend they were not paying attention, just dead on their feet or whatever, then suddenly spring to life at the last moment if the ball came anywhere near. A few minutes later, the Croatians score the winning goal. On the replay you could see, the guy who scored was just wandering back as if not paying any attention, then suddenly pounced. I'm not sure he (the Macedonian guy) realised just how much in that one instant a nation breathed a sign of relief. 

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Modric fair got tore into the English media in his interview

Said they had been reading all the guff in the lead up to the match and that the journalists and pundits should be more humble and show a bit more respect

And it has started to kick off

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/987545/world-cup-2018-england-london-violence-croatia-semi-final-russia-defeat

Fantastic gallery of greetin' England fan photos on that link. Cheers.

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

My 10 year old doing a dance from Fortnite (whatever the fuck that is) with an L symbol on his forehead was particularly unpopular with her :rollsmile: 

Haha tremendous!! 

8 hours ago, biffer said:

Scotland fans absolutely destroyed some poor sods car in Paris dancing on it. 

Then had a whip round to pay for the damage. The guy got more than the car was worth. They were still drunken arseholes though

I doubt England will ever have a better chance to make a final of a World Cup. 1-0 up at HT against a Croatia team that had been to extra time in their past 2 matches.

Their team may well improve over the next few years, but I can't see the likes of Germany, Spain, Italy or Argentina being as poor the next time around.

31 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

I doubt England will ever have a better chance to make a final of a World Cup. 1-0 up at HT against a Croatia team that had been to extra time in their past 2 matches.

Their team may well improve over the next few years, but I can't see the likes of Germany, Spain, Italy or Argentina being as poor the next time around.

sure the Dutch will be in the mix next time round and also the Germans they  will be planning the next World Cup as of now 

To respond to the holiganism point, all their ‘top boys’ and other parts of the “significant minority” that follow them completely bottled going to Russia after they deservedly got what for in France. Ironic, really, given that Putin has clearly got the word out that their hooligans have to behave. 

Am looking forward to the final. A chance for revenge for Croatia after that French lad (Lauren Blanc??) took a dive to get a Croatian red-carded in the ‘98 semi-final.

41 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I feel happiest for Mr and Mrs McTeeko and son. They can now enjoy the final.

Have a great time. :ok:

Cheers! You know what, ever since we found out we had Final tickets I’ve not really been as excited as I should’ve been. The closer the Final got, the closer they were to actually being there too so all this week has been a bit of a heid-fuck. Will we wear our kilts to the game? Will we put our Scotland tops on for Moscow on Saturday? Will we go completely neutral? Seriously wasn’t looking forward to being anywhere near Moscow, let alone being IN the stadium, where they had a chance of lifting the WC. 

See this morning though, don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a fitba trip in a long time!! 😆🙌🏼🇭🇷

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Cheers! You know what, ever since we found out we had Final tickets I’ve not really been as excited as I should’ve been. The closer the Final got, the closer they were to actually being there too so all this week has been a bit of a heid-fuck. Will we wear our kilts to the game? Will we put our Scotland tops on for Moscow on Saturday? Will we go completely neutral? Seriously wasn’t looking forward to being anywhere near Moscow, let alone being IN the stadium, where they had a chance of lifting the WC. 

See this morning though, don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a fitba trip in a long time!! 😆🙌🏼🇭🇷

Enjoy (jammy git..)