Russia 2018 - Page 65 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Only on the TAMB would some rocket liken Mbappe to Mark Burchill :lol: 

FFS what’s mr bongo been on to be fair he’s normally not a bad poster but mark Burchill OMG maybe all that heat has finally got to him 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Croatia, Please please please please beat them tonight. I'm sick of this "its coming home" shite.

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. 

wtf was Martinez up to last night

Chadli switched due to right back suspension but then hazard played left back.  Changed from the Brazil game diamond with De bruyne at top, to De bruyne further back along with addition of dembele who did nothing. Didn't work so pulled dembele for mertens but playing right wing, did nothing. . When things again not working pulled fellani and put De bruyne even further back.

Had the biggest team in tournament but never played a long ball in latter stages even though that's how got out of trouble v Japan. Went out with whimper but cheek to say one set piece was difference and not challenged by any journalists, panel members

Edited by Bino's

Parklife, I just noticed your profile interests. I did think it seemed quieter in here than it used to be. What did you do to cause the demise of the once thriving TAMB? It used to have the feel of PM's question time in the House of Commons (all action and drama), but now it's more like a sleepy afternoon in the House of Lords.

France are looking very strong. To keep a clean sheet against such a talented Belgium side, takes some doing. I would give England no more than a 30% chance of beating France, were we to make the final. They can match us physically and have more quality. I think they would beat Croatia too.

1 minute ago, George Saint said:

Parklife, I just noticed your profile interests. I did think it seemed quieter in here than it used to be. What did you do to cause the demise of the once thriving TAMB? It used to have the feel of PM's question time in the House of Commons (all action and drama), but now it's more like a sleepy afternoon in the House of Lords.

France are looking very strong. To keep a clean sheet against such a talented Belgium side, takes some doing. I would give England no more than a 30% chance of beating France, were we to make the final. They can match us physically and have more quality. I think they would beat Croatia too.

the Scotland football team being shite for 20 years has had something to do with that

3 minutes ago, George Saint said:

sit back against france

their one weapon is the pacey guy who looks like Donatello from ninja turtles

do them with a set piece as you will likely do to a choking croatia side tonight

or don't actually, please

In my wisdom I decided last week that I would book a long  weekend in Blackpool for the family ( the kids love it) as it’s glasgow fair weekend , I’m bricking it now I just hope Croatia can do us all a favour tonight, I dont want to be in England if god forbid they were to be lucky enough to win it🙈

Edited by jcs

Right. Enough of this charade. Hope they get pumped. Dont want them limping out 1-0 or to a dodgy VAR decision, only to have them lament for years to come how they pretty much had it in the bag. The only way this wrong will be righted is a 5-0 horsing that befits the farce that has been their route to the semis. Apart from 20 minutes when Colombia realised too late that this was a fitba tournament, teams have shown them far too much respect - go at them from the start and they'll soon unravel. Sit back in the hope that a 0-0 will somehow get them through and the Croats will commit the same sin of every team that came before. Unacceptable if truth be told. Otherwise, Sunday will be a dark, dark day.

10 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

FFS what’s mr bongo been on to be fair he’s normally not a bad poster but mark Burchill OMG maybe all that heat has finally got to him 

Clearly the TAMB has had a sense of humour/sarcasm bypass ....