Russia 2018 - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia have only looked good in one game - against Argentina who tactically were woeful

Cant see them stopping England 

5 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I wasn't talking about Croatia's penalties per se, but they did get very lucky with what would've been a second good save as well. 

Aye Modric was a wee bit lucky and Russia had two awful penalties but apart from that......

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Croatia have only looked good in one game - against Argentina who tactically were woeful

Cant see them stopping England 

I thought they were pretty good tonight, so I would give them two good games so far.

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We got knocked out of the 1962 World Cup after a replay and extra time by Czechoslovakia. They went on to be runners up to Brasil in the  World Cup in Chile.

In '62 the SFA would have been relieved about not having to shell out for the air fares.

36 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

They might also be shattered...

For once I'll go glass half full and say they've had a good work out that will stand them in good stead...

...or that could be just wishful thinking.

If Croatia didn't have Mandzukic in such poor confidence they would be the most complete team remaining in the tournament.

They do have Rakitic and Modric though, who should boss the English midfield and then some.

So here's hoping.....

6 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

If croatia play in their chequered strips they will win - simples 

ingurland are the worst team by far of the 4 left 

their defence is shyte

Midfield is not great either but not helping the anxiety level. Greece were shyte but  still won the Euros.

4 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

There is an inevitability regarding Englands relentless path to the final  and there are parallels with Andy Murrays first Wimbledon title. All the fancied opposition exit in the early rounds leaving a relatively easy path to the final - and I'm taking nothing away from England in saying that as they still had to win those games. In the Final Murray played the game of his life against Djokovic just as England will do against Belgium. Brazil I feel would have been too strong  but again a good result for England last night. Belgium to best France on Tuesday and I predict a narrow extra time win for England over Belgium and they will be Champions of the World in eight days time.

Brazil would be stronger than Belgium? De Bruyne and Hazard regularly rip it up in the EPL. Brazil are toothless up front. Gabriel? Jesus!

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Ivan Rakitic - easily the coolest Joe in this World Cup.

But please play 30 metres further on up the park on Wednesday.

That's been doing my head in whenever i've seen Croatia play. It's either Rakitic or Modric playing as deep as the centre backs. Why??

Sweden were never going to beat they cunts, they’re are dire team. That performance v Germany earlier was rotten as was today’s. They’ll beat Croatia too as they are not that good either. Folk on here get all misty eyed about them when in reality they’re mediocre.

France beating them cunts is our only hope. I’ve just volunteered to work on the day of the final. 2 to 10 shift as there’s no chance I’m watching that pish.

Thank god I am over in Spain at the minute it was a pleasure listening to the Spanish commentators not that my Spanish is that good of course but not having to listen to shearer and co if the unimaginable did happen fuck nose how I would cope living in Bournemouth when I get back 

What you need is a bit of contingency planning:

England's first defeat after 1966 win: Scotland

England's first defeat as Rugby world champions: Scotland.

Get it pencilled in the diary - you can always cancel after the Croatia game.

10 hours ago, Orraloon said:

We got knocked out of the 1962 World Cup after a replay and extra time by Czechoslovakia. They went on to be runners up to Brasil in the  World Cup in Chile.

Thank you for that Orraloon. I was beginning to wonder if we held some kind of record of never being involved in ET...you've saved me a lot of Google time