Russia 2018 - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 7/4/2018 at 7:22 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Start hoping for England to lose in the semis

They are not losing to Sweden

Should have listened to me ....

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Only the Novichoks can stop them now. I think they are going to win it.

They are absolutely honking, how they've got this far is remarkable, they create nothing, all about second balls and set pieces.

Croatia will play through them no problem.

Well it's pretty much to be expected - if you'd been told the opponents in advance, you wouldn't be surprised for England to beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden, to be tight against Colombia and face stiffest test against Belgium. Next opponents, who knows, could be extra time/penalties again. But you'd fancy Belgium or France to beat whoever comes out this half???  

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You dont think Croatia can stop them?

Beating Russia in Moscow wouldn't be straightforward either.

Fair play to England, you can only play what's in front of you. They've had a relatively easy draw but that's cup football.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Christ, not even France or Belgium?

They have both peaked too soon. I think Russia are the only team that have a chance of beating England and that's only because they are playing at home. The World Cup trophy wants to go home. The Jug Eared Clown said so.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They have both peaked too soon. I think Russia are the only team that have a chance of beating England and that's only because they are playing at home. The World Cup trophy wants to go home. The Jug Eared Clown said so.

😂 , look on the brighside, maybe we will all get a free packet of crisps if they win. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The World Cup trophy wants to go home. The Jug Eared Clown said so.

FIFA was founded in France, and the World Cup was invented by a Frenchman.

International football was first at home in Glasgow and the modern (passing) game invented by a team from Hampden Park. 

Edited by exile

1 minute ago, exile said:

Well it's pretty much to be expected - if you'd been told the opponents in advance, you wouldn't be surprised for England to beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden, to be tight against Colombia and face stiffest test against Belgium. Next opponents who knows, could be extra time/penalties again. But you'd expect Belgium or France tro beat whoever comes out this half???  

Yeah pretty much sums it up,  it’s been a poor World Cup, the favourites all getting put out early with England cheering on the underdog every game in the hope that they scrape through n win the World Cup it’s a good achievement to win it but it’s been a disappointing World Cup no outstanding team or player , Jim hills love child top goalscorer with 3 penalties 50% of his goals 

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You dont think Croatia can stop them?

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Christ, not even France or Belgium?

You're saying a what a lot of people will be thinking!  

:lol:

57 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🙁

McTeeko must be sheitin himself. 

Whatever happens it’s two teams I couldn’t give a fuck about in the Final. Kilts on whoever it is. 

M’on Scotland! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🇫🇷 🇧🇪 🇭🇷 🇷🇺 🙌🏼😰

Edited by McTeeko

9 minutes ago, exile said:

FIFA was founded in France, and the World Cup was invented by a Frenchman.

International football was first at home in Glasgow and the modern (passing) game invented by a team from Hampden Park. 

And association football was created where ? It just might be coming home 😂

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I think saying it's an absolute travesty is overstating it a bit. Brazil were undone by some great counter attacking football from genuine world class players.

It looked a poor call for the penalty but Brazil still had plenty of other chances to score that they didn't take.

I'm not too disappointed to see the back of Neymar and his theatrics tbh.

xG 3.09 vs 0.45. Stats tell the story. It was a shagging. Brazil incapable of taking their chances and the worst decision VAR will ever make combined to make the best team by far lose. 

Belgium were great on the break but required a fluke, a 25 yard screamer and horrendous refereeing to win. 

Bizarre to reference Neymar but ignore Chadli feigning injury to kill time and momentum. Good job I've long given up expecting other folk to be consistent.