Russia 2018 - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

An absolute travesty that Brazil lost that game. By far the better side but the ball always broke Belgium's way. Add to that, one of the worst VAR non-decisions you'll ever see. Astounded that 4 qualified referees can watch that incident and not see one of the most obvious penalties you'll ever see. 

I think saying it's an absolute travesty is overstating it a bit. Brazil were undone by some great counter attacking football from genuine world class players.

It looked a poor call for the penalty but Brazil still had plenty of other chances to score that they didn't take.

I'm not too disappointed to see the back of Neymar and his theatrics tbh.

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I think saying it's an absolute travesty is overstating it a bit. Brazil were undone by some great counter attacking football from genuine world class players.

It looked a poor call for the penalty but Brazil still had plenty of other chances to score that they didn't take.

Same here, Brazil 2014 was a chore as a result of the samba football pish that was fed to us for 4 weeks when they were a team of hammer throwers.

This Brazil team isn't that good either bar Coutinho. Neymar played for himself the whole tournament where as if he'd played for the team they might have gone further.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Agree.

There was no travesty - Belgium scored twice (admittedly one through three Brazilian defenders deciding it was a good idea to attack an inswinging corner with no Belgian in sight), Brazil scored once.

Brazil weren't good enough on the night.

Anyway, in terms of cuntish behaviour, I live next to the UK Embassy in Podgorica.

For some reason, today they are flying the St George flag where normally the Montenegrin flag would be.

They didn''t do anything similar in Euro 2016 when Wales were involved (admittedly under a different ambassador).

And in another little twist, an IKEA van turned up a couple of hours ago at the block of flats opposite.

Symbolic I hope.

I hardly recognise the individual English players (barring Kane) - in their red strips it's almost possible to imagine they're Belgium and watch the game as a neutral...

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So terrible they beat France and Italy in qualifying. God knows how. No pace and composure up front.

They really are all over the place. Worst team I’ve seen yet.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

They are well organised but horribly one paced.

Disagree. They are as organised as my arse piles. Some big, some wee but generally sticking about all over the place.

27 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

There's a second half to go yet folks.

England will run out of gas.

Remember how the flow of Brazil-Begium changed last night?

Does anybody oan this site actually watch fitba?  Are you doon the slopes pal?  As much of a predictor as one of thon ventriloquists that can see in to the future.