Russia 2018 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Couple of counter attacks for Belgium already where the final ball has let them down. Brazil are there for the taking tonight, particularly with a central midfield of Fernandinho and Paulinho, you can run past they two all night long.

56 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

As a boy i used to love watching Brazil, couldn't wait to see them in world cups. Players like, Rivelino, Jarzinho, Socrates etc were a pleasure to watch and a credit to football. Now at times i feel disappointed watching them and even hope they get beaten. One reason the arsehole who is Neymar.

snap - I was saying this tonight - i got brought up watching Socrates & Falcao - brazilians are a bunch of kents since 98

4 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Would be interesting to know what the old pro's really think of today's pussy players and the theatrics from certain players.

I was saying this tonight to Scots guy in CPT - none of these kents would get into that 82 team (watched as 12 year old)

Edited by euan2020

It's been a long established South American trait

When you are not good enough you resort to the dark arts

Brazil have been as guilty as the others over the years - not so much when they were laced with fantastic players in the Pele years as there was no need for it

And their fans are fucking shite as well - another media myth

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Agree re marcello and the de bruyne goal... but do love the way he plays fitba.

Also, good to see big dailly has blagged his way into the French team (and calls himself Benny Pavard).

Martinez tactical genius for finally moving De bruyne further forward

What a difference

Also revelation, lukaku's actually good

Edited by Bino's

An absolute travesty that Brazil lost that game. By far the better side but the ball always broke Belgium's way. Add to that, one of the worst VAR non-decisions you'll ever see. Astounded that 4 qualified referees can watch that incident and not see one of the most obvious penalties you'll ever see. 

Belgium knock out Brazil for a World Cup semi, managed by one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in a motherwell shirt.

:lol:

Missed the game last night, had bet Belgium and BTTS which was a small consolation for what I had on Brazil to win the tournament. For some reason I’ve never found Belgium very likeable as a team...

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Add to that, one of the worst VAR non-decisions you'll ever see. Astounded that 4 qualified referees can watch that incident and not see one of the most obvious penalties you'll ever see. 

30 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

Agreed. A definite penalty.

Just seen it.

:shocked:

Got little if any of the ball studs in the calf with his leading foot and cleaned him out with the trailing leg.

Given some of the relatively soft penalties we’ve seen from VAR reviews, can’t believe they didn’t ask him to look at that one. (Have they been asked to intervene less in the knockout stages?)

Sweden, Oh Sweden

Image result for sweden world cup 2018 image

Sweden, o Sweden,

It's a win we are needin.

Your defeat wid be tragic,

A win wid be magic!

Sweden, o Sweden,

It's a win we are needin.

We beg you a favour,

Please humble our neighbour.

Sweden, o Sweden,

Don't be deceiving.