Russia 2018 - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

who you going for today ? Going for France over Uruguay and Belgium over Brazil just on that one 

That was my initial thinking but still have doubts about France. Cavani looking as if he will miss the game was the crunch

Fancy Belgium VERY strongly 

I know they will most likely shit the nest but still fancy them to give Brazil a roasting 

France to edge Uruguay, who will miss Cavani massively.

Brazil will beat Belgium, may end up going to extra time but i think they'll do it. Brazil are a much better balanced side than Belgium and will be able to deal with them in the same way Japan were, but won't be bullied from crosses or set pieces the way Japan were.

I’m tempted to back Belgium today as I’ve got Brazil to win the tournament, so would soften the blow if they lose.

Agree with above though. Belgium were a shambles at points against Japan and Brazil are better all over the park than Japan.

Belgium haven’t really been tested yet, although they did well to rescue the game v Japan. Brazil saw off Mexico fairly comfortably in the end and they (Mexico) are far better than anything Belgium have faced...

Edited by sbcmfc

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m tempted to back Belgium today as I’ve got Brazil to win the tournament, so would soften the blow if they lose.

Agree with above though. Belgium were a shambles at points against Japan and Brazil are better all over the park than Japan.

Belgium haven’t really been tested yet, although they did well to rescue the game v Japan. Brazil saw off Mexico fairly comfortably in the end and they (Mexico) are far better than anything Belgium have faced...

It sounds bizarre to say this considering they were the pre-tournament favourites and still are, but I think Brazil are very under-rated at the moment and are flying under the radar to a certain degree.

They are very strong all over the pitch and have been getting progressively better as the tournament goes on. People say they look dodgy defensively but they have conceded only 5 shots on target in their 4 games and have conceded only 1 goal.

Massive test for Belgium and I don't think the team will be able to bully their way through again if the manager is outthought tactically.

I thought if Mexico had any nous or a wee bit more composure in the first half against Brazil they could have been a couple in front 

They absolutely hosed Brazil down the flanks and on the break - just couldn't keep it up 

I think Brazil are way over rated and i really hope Belgium score first to see what they are made of - could be another Germany type roasting 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The French are a bunch of play acting, diving fukers. I might even support England against them.

While Uruguay are like choir boys.

:lol:

There were at least 4 players way more deserving of a booking than Mbappe.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

While Uruguay are like choir boys.

:lol:

There were at least 4 players way more deserving of a booking than Mbappe.

It's not just him though. Pavard, Hernandez, Pogba, Tuliso they've all been at it.

Had £15 on France -1

Hills flash odds was 8/1 Griezmann to score first goal of 2nd half - Put £8 on it

Neville has got to be the most condescending, know it all summariser of all time, an absolute fucking melt of a man. Him and Matterface spent the whole game dishing out stereotypes about Uruguay being overly aggressive when it wasn't the case in the slightest. This being the same Neville of course who spent years in a Man Utd team that kicked better teams off the park for 90 mins, he's got no self awareness, an absolute cunt of a man.

France are still shit mind you, hopefully Belgium win tonight and they deal with them in the next round.

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

Neville has got to be the most condescending, know it all summariser of all time, an absolute fucking melt of a man. Him and Matterface spent the whole game dishing out stereotypes about Uruguay being overly aggressive when it wasn't the case in the slightest. This being the same Neville of course who spent years in a Man Utd team that kicked better teams off the park for 90 mins, he's got no self awareness, an absolute cunt of a man.

France are still shit mind you, hopefully Belgium win tonight and they deal with them in the next round.

someone should ask him why his great tactical nous and insight failed miserably at Valencia - am sure it was down to misfortune and the players he inherited. 

Belgium to win today for me, Brazil have not clicked in my view. Mexico gave them a good scare, but they lacked teeth up front. Brazil rode out the physical affair, took their chances and were deserving of the win.  Belgium have got gears unlike many teams and will rise to the level required to see off the opposition.  

In the other half, Sweden England is hard to call, but Croatia made a scrappy affair via Denmark and were not their best.  Russia have the euphoria of being into the final 8 and their home base and that could see them win but I am going with Croatia.

As a football fan, this world cup has been great with so many competitive games.  Strange to look at the bottom half of the draw and see what has transpired there but that is not the fault of the tournament, some big boys are out and rightly so.