Russia 2018 - Page 51 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A lot of slating of Colombia going on here and rightly so but England had their moments, Ali and lingaard both want down more than once at the slightest touch. Stones was a lucky boy, even that idiot hoddle agreed. If neymar had gone down like Henderson did after that "headbutt" the English media would have slaughtered neyamr for it.

Listening to pundits and commentary for England matches is like watching a match on Celtic or rangers tv, they see things that aren't actually happening. It's comedy gold.

I don't even think England were that good, Colombia showed how relatively average stones and Maguire are when they went at them. A team with a decent front line will tear that defence apart.

Who are “that good” though? 

8 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Sweden average, Croatia bottlers. Russia - no good without Novichok. Thais could go poorly.could be worst team ever to win the World Cup.

Sweden - average but some how manage to get through qualifiers and a playoff against Europe's top sides. They got through a 1st round which contained the holders and they just neat the team ranked 5th in the world. Not bad for average

Croatia - bottlers. Really? Based on what? No team has played brilliant in all 4 games so far but Croatia looked brilliant again Argentina and also have some great talent. Croatia is a country we jocks should look on with envy. Same population but less history yet they're in the world cup quarter finals.

Russia - arguably one of the poorest sides in it but some how their passion and drive has got them to the quarter finals.

England - just won their first penalty shoot.out in a world cup and have had an easier route to this stage than any other side. I Iinclude their qualifying group in this too. They haven't been tested whilst the others above have had some big tests.

England definitely have a chance of winning this tournament, only and idiot would argue against that however their route isn't easy just because some of the teams in it are not the traditional big guns.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

They were, but that's mibee more indicative of us regressing as a footballing nation (from when we last played them in a competitive game) than England getting better.

I think they had better players 10 - 15 years ago than they do now but this England side looks more of a team; solid and hard to beat.

I agree with this.

Engla d have learned their lesson, play as a team instead of a collection of egos and individuals.

As for us, we were outplayed that day at hampden. We don't have the talent or the team to compete at that level yet and I don't think enough of our lot have the passion to succeed in a Scotland shirt.

On 25 June 2018 at 4:47 PM, McTeeko said:

😆🙈

Got those Colombians to thank for this one! 🇨🇴

Saw the piece on Reporting Scotland last night.  

I suspect I'm not the first to say this but you are punching way above your weight with your Mrs. 

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I suspect I'm not the first to say this but you are punching way above your weight with your Mrs. 

Jealously will get you no where have to say you are right 😂 maybe he’s got a few bob you know what they say money can be a great Aphrodisiac 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Listening to pundits and commentary for England matches is like watching a match on Celtic or rangers tv, they see things that aren't actually happening. It's comedy gold.

Delighted to be watching the games in North America right now. Derek Rae doing the commentary and being a tad more balanced.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

She simply has to be the most un-shallow soul out there as Teeko disnae hae much going for him. Between his looks and that shite accent of his.... 🙈😋

52 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Delighted to be watching the games in North America right now. Derek Rae doing the commentary and being a tad more balanced.

The commentary was a disgrace yesterday on Fox. You’d have thought there was only one team playing. It was as bad as I’ve ever heard. The whole tournament has been the same. It’s all been about England. 

There’s a bogging obsession here with all things English. From the royal mob to “Oh you like saaaaccer? What’s your premeeeer league team?” 

7 minutes ago, Ormond said:

The commentary was a disgrace yesterday on Fox. You’d have t1hought there was only one team playing. It was as bad as I’ve ever heard. The whole tournament has been the same. It’s all been about England. 

There’s a bogging obsession here with all things English. From the royal mob to “Oh you like saaaaccer? What’s your premeeeer league team?” 

Shows how bad ITV and BBC must be if I see Fox as a refreshing change then...

38 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Shows how bad ITV and BBC must be if I see Fox as a refreshing change then...

I’ve not had the TV on yet, will probably stick to Cartoonito, CBeebies and love island.

Not sure what the wife and kids will be watching.

😛

Actually scared to put Talksport on in the car.

:lol:

3 hours ago, aaid said:

If I got £1 for everytime.....etc 😏

😆

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve not had the TV on yet, will probably stick to Cartoonito, CBeebies and love island.

Not sure what the wife and kids will be watching.

😛

Actually scared to put Talksport on in the car.

:lol:

It must be murder staying in the Motherwell area when England are doing so well. 😞

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

She simply has to be the most un-shallow soul out there as Teeko disnae hae much going for him. Between his looks and that shite accent of his.... 🙈😋

....and World Cup Final tickets and a free all expenses trip paid by FIFA, aye, I suppose you’re right! ✊🏼🇷🇺

3 hours ago, aaid said:

The shitehoose has screenshotted this and blootered it onto pusbook. 😂