Russia 2018 - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

45 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I’ve been saying it for years, belgium are guff. They are just hype from these armchair fans who spend all weekend watching English teams on sky 

That opinion has just been comprehensively dismantled.

34 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They are humpty. Lump on Brazil in the quarters, they’ll murder them

Brazil may beat Belgium, that's possible, but they won't murder anyone remaining in this tournament. 

They aren't good enough to do so.

In my opinion.

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I’ve been saying it for years, belgium are guff. They are just hype from these armchair fans who spend all weekend watching English teams on sky 

They haven't lost a competitive game for over two years. 

13 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

My simple solution to a typical Neymar incident would be that players who have been "injured" have to remain off the pitch for the duration they are on the ground for. They cannot be simply and quickly waved straight back on to play. If someone is genuinely fouled/injured this will aid their recovery. If someone is at it, which will be the majority, as their team are down to 10 men for the duration of their theatrics it would soon put paid to it. As for diving, the referees can simply start to enforce the rules. 

Wouldn't that hand an advantage to the Mexicans? Pretend the Mexican actually stamped on Neymar for a second, it hardly seems fair that Mexico get an advantage.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

They haven't lost a competitive game for over two years. 

Listened to the game on the radio, was hoping Japan could hold on when they went in front As bet Brazil.

Didnt know that stat, but do think they have quality athletes throughout their team.

I think Brazil will edge Belgium out, will be very tight but they should do it.

Brazil look pretty decent defensively, they seem quite comfortable with letting teams have possession around their box but despite that they have only conceded 5 shots on target in their 4 games which is pretty impressive 2 solid centre backs with either Casimero or Fernandinho shielding them.

Should be a very good game.

1 minute ago, Lion Rampant said:

I think Brazil will edge Belgium out, will be very tight but they should do it.

Brazil look pretty decent defensively, they seem quite comfortable with letting teams have possession around their box but despite that they have only conceded 5 shots on target in their 4 games which is pretty impressive 2 solid centre backs with either Casimero or Fernandinho shielding them.

Should be a very good game.

Casimero is suspended, I think?

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Wouldn't that hand an advantage to the Mexicans? Pretend the Mexican actually stamped on Neymar for a second, it hardly seems fair that Mexico get an advantage.

if Neymar was genuinely injured as his reaction suggested, he would need that time for treatment. The Mexican would have been sent off if he had intentionally attempted to injure him. Overall, there will be a few occasions when a team is disadvantaged due to a genuine injury to one of their players but overall I really think it will cut down on play acting and time wasting which is the majority of cases in such instances. 

55 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Belgium were outplayed and outhought tactically for an hour. They stuck on a couple of big guys and did the age old throw it in the mixer and see what happens. Against a comedy keeper it worked, the pundits went on like Martinez was a tactical genius.

That's a pretty grudging assessment. Japan were solid defensively and became more ambitious with their counter attacking in the second half. Belgium had a lot of possession but couldn't break the Japanese down until they changed tactics. At no point would I consider the Belgians were outplayed......

13 minutes ago, noyntine 6-6-6 said:

What are the odds on Colombia? (Not that I can afford to gamble).

3/1 to win in 90 minutes.

if you put £10 on them with skybet you get £5 free bet, so you can effectively get 9/2.