Russia 2018 - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 6/30/2018 at 8:27 PM, McTeeko said:

All correct! 😉👍🏼

Just seen this, congratulations McTeeko,  what a fantastic prize. I must say though, if I had received that email I would have thought it was a wind up  😀

Have a great time, hope you have one of your special dances prepared 😬

After the GBH which prevented what would have been the winning goal and the bias from the commentary team shown towards Denmark I’m delighted Croatia have gone through 

That and the fact I’ve invested a fair bit on them the last week or so

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Just seen this, congratulations McTeeko,  what a fantastic prize. I must say though, if I had received that email I would have thought it was a wind up  😀

Have a great time, hope you have one of your special dances prepared 😬

Thanks! 😃

Ill maybe do a WCF Special dance - just for you 👍🏼

3 hours ago, exile said:

My long term take on tournaments is that you have to factor in home advantage not only of the host nation but the rough climatic zone. When do we ever get to play in the rain in tournament football?  Never mind have home advantage. It's only fair that sometimes Spain have to play in the rain! I think it's not a coincidence that Sweden did well when it was in Sweden, England, Russia, etc etc. (Denmark in Sweden euro 92, etc).  

I toll russssian bird i knew from work who works in Moscow that Russia would do well 

On 6/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Since Slasher sent Rossy into distant memory, I believe.

Aye - missed all that, did they actually meet IIRC Slasher was going to meet up with Rossy in some boozer near Hampden ??

19 hours ago, Ormond said:

He’s no doubt a good player but he’s an out and out fucking cheat. 

yep agree, loads of ability but like his old madrid center half pal pepe, he is an absolute rat

so the rules re diving and simulation are "attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)", must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card.[2] The rule changes are in response to an increasing trend of diving and simulation"

VAR is being used to review game changing decisions and not being applied to yellow card situations such as diving. Therefore the referees are simply ignoring a clear law of the game by simply waving play on when someone dives or feigns injury. It is like the 6 second rule for goalkeepers - it used to be rigorously enforced now it is never applied despite goalkeepers sometime holding on to the ball for what seems an eternity.  

My simple solution to a typical Neymar incident would be that players who have been "injured" have to remain off the pitch for the duration they are on the ground for. They cannot be simply and quickly waved straight back on to play. If someone is genuinely fouled/injured this will aid their recovery. If someone is at it, which will be the majority, as their team are down to 10 men for the duration of their theatrics it would soon put paid to it. As for diving, the referees can simply start to enforce the rules.