Russia 2018 - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

No different to us when they get papped out in fact it’s nowhere near as bad.

Are any of us reading the National news ?

Will Sally McNair or Union Jackie give a chortle on Reporting Scotland never mind mention it

Will John McKay open STV news smoking a cigar with a glass of prosecco ?

Fans are different

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Neymar will likely always remain a very unlikable player with his play acting, even with VAR and all the camera he can’t help but exaggerate tackles.

He's still as annoying a twat as he was from the start of his career. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The reaction by the English media to Germany getting papped oot is fucking cringeworthy

The worst performance of the lot was the repeated gloating by that trollope Kay Burley on Sky News this evening.

Her superiors might want to remind her that Sky News UK is broadcast across the world (including Germany) as Sky News International.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

The worst performance of the lot was the repeated gloating by that trollope Kay Burley on Sky News this evening.

Her superiors might want to remind her that Sky News UK is broadcast across the world (including Germany) as Sky News International.

To be fair the Germans are arrogant Kuntz, i doubt it's just the English who will be laughing at them

49 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Indeed, we're world leaders in that particularly embarrassing trait

You and Macy seem to be missing the point - maybe it's a bit of the cringe ?

Rivalry is big in football

There is nothing wrong with Scotland fans wanting England to fail, even ignoring the UK/English media forcing English success down the throats of Scots, Welsh & Northern Irish for decades 

Similarly there is nothing wrong with England fans celebrating Scotland being pish - Cheer up Gordon Strachan. No Tartan Army in Russia et al

The Scottish media, and by that i mean the TV channels, do not mirror the thoughts of the fans as headline news

This is what i was referring too

Dgt8Rm9WAAIu9G7.jpg

Dgtu_j-XcAAk3Jz.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is nothing wrong with Scotland fans wanting England to fail, even ignoring the UK/English media forcing English success down the throats of Scots, Welsh & Northern Irish for decades 

Similarly there is nothing wrong with England fans celebrating Scotland being pish - Cheer up Gordon Strachan. No Tartan Army in Russia et al

The Scottish media, and by that i mean the TV channels, do not mirror the thoughts of the fans as headline news

Dgt8Rm9WAAIu9G7.jpg

What a shower of cunts that allowed that on a national news channel. As you have rightly said, that cow Jackie Bird would have never appeared gloating like that. Well, probably because She’d do the gloating if Scotland lost. 😏

On 6/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, Toepoke said:

That's still the case. The clue's in the name Video Assistant Referee.

Don't give me that.

'Global Position System' and there's no such thing as the 'globe' (or satellites for that matter!)

'Federal Reserve'... Neither 'Federal' or a 'Reserve'.

There's loads of examples.

Anyway, with VAR, the ref can 'miss' a call and just have the VAR pick up the slack, or they could both miss it.

The VAR just adds an unnecessary complication.

Too many cooks.

If human error is going to be a part of the game then let that rest on the ref alone (without Big Brother).

The only way to improve that IMHO would be as I have already stated and that is to give the people with the most skin in the game (the managers) the right to challenge.

Once you are out of your 2 challenges... then tough.

Example... Harry Kane gets rugby tackled in the box.

Did the ref call it? No

Did the VAR call it? No

Would the England manager have 'challenged'? Too right.

End this terrible VAR experiment forever and give the managers 2 'challenges' each.

Edited by Scotty CTA

Skybet have doubled a commentator bet to 10/1, to mention the names of the 7 'British' teams represented in the Belgium squad. Quite a bit of squad rotation likely for Belgium but Boyata could still start, and Chadli likely to get a game. Mignolet not looking like a starter is the one that might worry me, but can see them having a good old chat about the EPL at some point.

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Skybet have doubled a commentator bet to 10/1, to mention the names of the 7 'British' teams represented in the Belgium squad. Quite a bit of squad rotation likely for Belgium but Boyata could still start, and Chadli likely to get a game. Mignolet not looking like a starter is the one that might worry me, but can see them having a good old chat about the EPL at some point.

Where are you seeing that on Skybet?

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dgt8Rm9WAAIu9G7.jpg

Dgtu_j-XcAAk3Jz.jpg

the only point i appear to be missing is your obsession with the media

the off button is always an option

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Don't give me that.

'Global Position System' and there's no such thing as the 'globe' (or satellites for that matter!)

Really?

I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I don’t get that.

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

Indeed, we're world leaders in that particularly embarrassing trait

Speak for yourself. Personally, with friends and colleagues  regularly telling me how pish we are, I feel no embarrassment whatsoever sniggering loudly when they inevitably crash out of another tournament . Germany do not hold the monoploy on arrogance. 

We then have a laugh about rhe whole thing.