Scottish Cup Final - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

18 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

It catches in my craw, but I’m wanting a Celtic Win, as it would mean Hibs in Europe.

Any other day and I’d be cheering on Motherwell. As I agree, we (non OF teams) have to break the dominance of Celtic.

I hope all on here can understand my logic.

J

Aye cos if would be awful if a bunch of strangers on the internet were unhappy with you wanting a team to win a football game. I wouldn't be able to sleep if it was me😂

Guest BlueGaz

Celtic for me so that they get their well deserved double treble and Aberdeen get a little breather in the Europa.  With us getting 3rd behind both, it would just top off an awesome season for me.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Celtic for me so that they get their well deserved double treble and Aberdeen get a little breather in the Europa.  With us getting 3rd behind both, it would just top off an awesome season for me.

Now I don't know you in real life but Im going to suggest you're being sarcastic here....

7 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I wondered whether this years viewing figures may take a bit if a hit with a number of backward Huns tuning into the wedding of Prince Harry and  the brown girl. 

The brown girl? Really?

That aside, I wouldnt imagine you’d get a lot of Rangers supporters watching the game regardless of what event it clashes with. Watching Celtic (potentially) secure back to back trebles is surprisingly not that high on the list of enjoyable things to do of a weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The brown girl? Really?

That aside, I wouldnt imagine you’d get a lot of Rangers supporters watching the game regardless of what event it clashes with. Watching Celtic (potentially) secure back to back trebles is surprisingly not that high on the list of enjoyable things to do of a weekend. 

It's a bit sad if some scottish football fans are so bitter that they won't watch the biggest game in the Scottish football calendar. 

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's a bit sad if some scottish football fans are so bitter that they won't watch the biggest game in the Scottish football calendar. 

I'm sure if Motherwell are winning with minutes to go they'll be watching in droves...

Guest BlueGaz
34 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why? There’s potentially a much better game on the other side. Will be flicking between the two myself. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If you're talking about the FA cup final then it kicks off after the Scottish cup final is finished.

I just realised that. Thought it was 4. I get to see both then. 

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

As a neutral I’d rather see Celtic do the double treble, never been done before so would be good for our game 

You're going to need a better rod than that

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I'm sure if Motherwell are winning with minutes to go they'll be watching in droves...

We were on holiday last year, decided I’d stay on the beach until half time and if Aberdeen were still in game I’d watch 2nd half.

My mate who’s a Rangers fan would normally be interested in coming along tomorrow but said he couldn’t face it for the same reason as Fairbairn.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If you're talking about the FA cup final then it kicks off after the Scottish cup final is finished.

Don't know why the FA have decided to break with the traditional kick off time in recent years but it makes for a much better afternoon in the pub so cheers to them :beer2:

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My mate who’s a Rangers fan would normally be interested in coming along tomorrow but said he couldn’t face it for the same reason as Fairbairn.

Perfectly understandable.

Although I regret not watching the 2016 final. Was actually in Morrisons when our group chat exploded with messages and I thought Hibs had just equalised, only to learn it was actually 3-2 😂

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

We were on holiday last year, decided I’d stay on the beach until half time and if Aberdeen were still in game I’d watch 2nd half.

To be honest it's not just this one.  Other than the Hibs final which I was at I couldn't actually tell you the last time I watched a Scottish Cup Final.  I'd imagine it was probably the last time Rangers were in it which would be around 2010 or something like that?  I tend to have other things I can be doing on a Saturday afternoon.

*Edit.  A quick Wiki tells me the last one I watched was the Hearts/Hibs 5-1 game in 2012.  Before that it would have been the Hearts/Gretna game in 2006 (outwith ones Rangers were in).  I'm starting to think I may be a closet Jambo.....

Edited by Fairbairn

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest it's not just this one.  Other than the Hibs final which I was at I couldn't actually tell you the last time I watched a Scottish Cup Final.  I'd imagine it was probably the last time Rangers were in it which would be around 2010 or something like that?  I tend to have other things I can be doing on a Saturday afternoon.

Och, its not sad at all.  In the unlikely event it was an OF cup final, there would be tonnes of others not watch it.  Him and many others would have no issues with that at all.  Nothing to see here except a wee bit of :hammer:

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Och, its not sad at all.  In the unlikely event it was an OF cup final, there would be tonnes of others not watch it.  Him and many others would have no issues with that at all.  Nothing to see here except a wee bit of :hammer:

Not at all. I just find it really fucking strange that a Scottish football fan wouldn't watch the biggest match of the season. 

It's akin to not watching the World Cup final just because England are in it. :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Parklife said:

Not at all. I just find it really fucking strange that a Scottish football fan wouldn't watch the biggest match of the season. 

It's akin to not watching the World Cup final just because England are in it. :lol: 

There will be absolutely loads of fans don't watch it because its not their team / have other things to do / many other reasons.  Bit naive to think that every Scottish football fan will want to watch it.  For many, its nowhere near the biggest match of the season.  I will watch it, but its certainly not the biggest match of the season for me - far from it.