Alexander Elliot Salmond - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Elliot Salmond

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence will come, and pretty soon.

A Tory UKIP coalition with the state being decimated will be too much for Scots to bear, of that I'm sure.

SNP will have a sizeable chunk in Westminster, possibly enough for a Lab/SNP/Lib coalition.

It will fail, as will a Tory/UKIP coalition.

The UK will become an ungovernable series of compromise coalition governments, never with enough of a majority to do anything.

The next Scottish Parliament will return an SNP majority with another mandate for a referendum.

And this time more than 50% will take one look at the shambles in Westminster and vote for somthing better.

5 years is my prediction.

J

Comments on the BBC website are comical. I really despise so many people in this family of nations.

Just had a quick skim through them there. The words "fanatic", "anti-English", "fascist", "communist" and "you lost, get over it" unsurprisingly come up a lot. :rolleyes:

A fair percentage of the population in London and the Home Counties really are a bunch of utter kunts.

By contrast though I've met many good folk from northern England who've sympathised with or outright supported our independence :ok:

Some people aren't very happy about Salmond standing for Westminster again:

Had to stop watching that half way through. That stupid, fat bitch saying he only has a huge following in Scotland. Isn't that what bloody matters you ugly cow? :mad:

Quite amazing how 'foreign' that tone, delivery and conversation is. And it's nothing to do with their accents, the accents are the stark reminder of how things have changed, dramatically. They could honestly be talking about Sweden, France or Chile.

QT is exactly the same these days.

Independence seems closer now that it did on the 17th of September.

Some people aren't very happy about Salmond standing for Westminster again:

http://youtu.be/FPYClDztXno

That was appalling.

Poor old Nicola Sturgeon. She's FM and is head of the party, ifshe was bothered she could stop him being a candidate.

Edited by flumax

They clearly have no clue or connection with reality in Scotland.

Can they not see that pushing the West Lothian / English issue just shows how defunct Westminster will become to Scotland.

But if course Scotland will have some "skin in the game" as its this Parliamnet that will have control of fiscal policy and send Scottish lads to war.

J

Quite amazing how 'foreign' that tone, delivery and conversation is. And it's nothing to do with their accents, the accents are the stark reminder of how things have changed, dramatically. They could honestly be talking about Sweden, France or Chile.

QT is exactly the same these days.

Independence seems closer now that it did on the 17th of September.

In discussions post refy I've been called anti-English for the first time in 30 years. The tone and delivery of questions asked of me has changed exactly as you describe. This is in real contrast to the way things were before the vote when I had regular healthy debates and discussions with friends and strangers alike.

I'm now playing things very cool - when people ask me now I just say how disappointed I am but that "we go again and the campaign has a long way". There is an acknowledgement that this is the case but otherwise it could end up affecting strong friendships.

There is division and I believe independence will prove to be the healing agent and I agree that Indy seems closer now than it did in September.

I do have a nagging fear that if Salmond fails to win his WM seat next year, then the bubble might be burst.

On the other hand, if he wins, and goes to WM with another 30 SNP MP's.............

The way the women spoke about Salmond voting in English only matters, ignoring or being so uninformed to realise the SNP do not vote on English matters

The way the women spoke about Salmond voting in English only matters, ignoring or being so uninformed to realise the SNP do not vote on English matters

Its been a stance that they have had for as long as I can remember, youd think these media types that complain about such things would maybe know the facts. But then again, that would be logical.

Haven't had time to follow this one, but from comments on here, looks like business as usual.

If the London establishment is taking enough notice to stick the boot in, it must mean there is something for Scotland at stake.

I too have had the anti English claims for the first time ever too.

On the Salmond issue I am a bit worried about the distraction of him as a personality that clearly affected the Yes campaign. I am also worried that this seat is a big risk in my view knowing the constituency

Felt like screaming at my phone at that point.

She probably knows but doesn't fit the agenda to tell the truth and if she doesn't know the bbc guy should have corrected her, but again probably doesn't fit their agenda either.

I always find the 'You lost, get over it' thing laughable. I first heard it prior to the last general election from a work colleague - along the lines of 'The SNP won't get enough Scottish seats to make a difference and even if they get a referendum due to the Scottish parliament election next year they won't win, so why do you vote for them?'. I had to point out that political parties don't tend to disband after every General Election if they don't win a majority of seats, nor do the people who voted for them tend to change their opinions just because they weren't on the winning side. To hear this being trotted out time and time again is a fecking joke.

its one thing old friends calling you anti English but try living with national newspapers calling you the same.They print photograghs of you and your family ,they make false accusations,aye accusations that if true I would have at least been arrested or jailed,but no not even a chap on the door.Why?Because I had the balls to go head to head with them and ask questions in public they did not want asked. No doubt come the lead up to the election the same 20 year old story will be printed again for the 3rd time. But will it stop me asking these questions?Will it hell.

Well our annual get together with old school pals ended up with a "healthy debate" around the restaurant table. Naysayers were entrenched in Yes being anti-English and revelling in current oil price.

They are the most popular reasons for not wanting Scotland to be a real country. All very strange the anti english angle.

Well our annual get together with old school pals ended up with a "healthy debate" around the restaurant table. Naysayers were entrenched in Yes being anti-English and revelling in current oil price.

Do these people who hate their country so much ever stop and think how it looks to non-English outsiders? Pretty bizarre I bet. Although I suppose they might say the same about us - if they deny Scotland was a country and claim that the UK is one instead.

I too have had the anti English claims for the first time ever too.

On the Salmond issue I am a bit worried about the distraction of him as a personality that clearly affected the Yes campaign. I am also worried that this seat is a big risk in my view knowing the constituency

If he doesn't win the seat the unionist will have a field day; in fact it could even bring the curtain down on his career.

Does the constituency not broadly mirror his seat in Holyrood though? I would have hoped he's done his homework, i.e. worked out whether or not the seat is winnable, and he's not let his ego cloud his judgement.

Felt like screaming at my phone at that point.

She probably knows but doesn't fit the agenda to tell the truth and if she doesn't know the bbc guy should have corrected her, but again probably doesn't fit their agenda either.

My thoughts entirely.

To me, the fact that people of that ilk don't like Salmond is a more of an endorsement that anything else.