Squad for Mexico and Peru - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for Mexico and Peru

PASTA Mick

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

O'Donnell is way ahead of Findlay in the pecking order for a call up IMO, and he was totally ignored event though we're crying out for a right back, so Findlay has no chance!

I hear you and O’Donnell is more worthy than Stevenson that’s for sure.

I like the look of Findlay though so wouldn’t have been against his inclusion.

Agree with your post about Celtic also & comments from idiots like Scott Brown don’t help our cause either. 

I'm trying to understand which Celtic players are really missing. 

Gordon - we know what he can do

Griffiths - he's a miss

Tierney - a miss but can understand giving him a break

Forrest - is he really a miss for Scotland?

McGregor - possibly a miss but we're reasonably catered for there with others in the squad

Had we been heading to Russia I'd imagine most of the above would be on the plane plus Brown. But we're not so we need to use this opportunity to look at other players. It is what friendlies are for.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not playing to any gallery.....only pathetic thing is how little some players give a shit about playing for Scotland.

Can be rest assured that had Darren Fletcher been called up when he was at Utd, then he'd have been on the plane no questions asked.

Take your Celtic blinkers off for one second.

Don't expect him to take the blinkers off, he isn't capable.  he thinks its all about celtic. He doesn't understand that we actually want their players on the plane because we want our best to be playing for scotland.

I made the mistake of adding mclean and Mgeouch but the point still stands, he glosses over this buy picking tiny holes in arguments to prove his point. No way should Celtic receive any special treatment here. 

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, andyD said:

I hear you, but at the same time.. these are two utterly ridiculous friendlies. We're going to get soundly beaten in both games, likely see very little of the ball and it'll all be a bit dispiriting and a waste of time overall. It's very different to had we qualified.

Like it or not, Celtic's progression in the champions league qualification is important to Scottish football. It helps the brand, and that gets more money in that goes to everyone, and a decent amount goes into developing young Scottish players. So it's weighing up priorities really.

To suggest we're f'd because James Forrest isn't going to play Mexico seems a bit of an oversimplification.
McLeish picking slightly weird squads and not being a particularly good manager are probably top of the list.

1. Imagine we took our best across there, tried out best and won.......................sounds better to me

2. Please explain how celtic being the CL benefits anyone other than Celitc? Celtic getting more CL cash only reinforces their dominance and destroys domestic competition.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

1. Imagine we took our best across there, tried out best and won.......................sounds better to me

2. Please explain how celtic being the CL benefits anyone other than Celitc? Celtic getting more CL cash only reinforces their dominance and destroys domestic competition.

Last time Celtic got to the group stages every other premiership club got a windfall of 100 odd grand.

1 minute ago, Rab The Crab said:

Last time Celtic got to the group stages every other premiership club got a windfall of 100 odd grand.

Wow, that'll help domestic competition. Mon the sellick

Apologies for the sarcasm

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Don’t need to apologise mate, I’m not an old firm fan but for a lot of clubs that’s a players wage for the season.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Them progressing also helps the league's coefficient.. so more teams can get access to europe and get money for that.

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Don't expect him to take the blinkers off, he isn't capable.  he thinks its all about celtic. He doesn't understand that we actually want their players on the plane because we want our best to be playing for scotland.

I made the mistake of adding mclean and Mgeouch but the point still stands, he glosses over this buy picking tiny holes in arguments to prove his point. No way should Celtic receive any special treatment here. 

Aye its all about the Celtic for me.... that's why I've spent thousands following Scotland all over the place since the late 80's. 😏

You made a mistake because you couldn't wait to have another pop at Celtic. If it's not the club, it's players or the manager. Obsessed much? 

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Imagine paying £88 to go and watch John Souttar 🤣

Credit where credits due though, At least he’ll make the effort to turn up

I'll see that and raise you Lewis Stevenson. Anyone else see him blowing out the cheeks of his arse at 2 of Rangers goals on Sunday? 😱

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'll see that and raise you Lewis Stevenson. Anyone else see him blowing out the cheeks of his arse at 2 of Rangers goals on Sunday? 😱

Anybody see the assists he’s provided this season, two off the top my head from Sunday for a start

The guys knackered, he plays almost every single game which is why he’s racked up over 400 appearances in his time but he won’t pull out of the squad as it’s “too far” or “needs a rest” Fingers crosses he’ll be playing European football in July too, as will the travel sick, tired, European qualifying bound Celtc players

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

I hear you and O’Donnell is more worthy than Stevenson that’s for sure.

I like the look of Findlay though so wouldn’t have been against his inclusion.

Agree with your post about Celtic also & comments from idiots like Scott Brown don’t help our cause either. 

Yeah, Finlay has had an excellent season and I think he could be one for the future.

I only mentioned O'Donnell as he's been outstanding and never got a look in/ I'm guessing mainly cos he doesn't play for a big team as if he did he'd be in the squad given he's a right back.

9 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anybody see the assists he’s provided this season, two off the top my head from Sunday for a start

The guys knackered, he plays almost every single game which is why he’s racked up over 400 appearances in his time but he won’t pull out of the squad as it’s “too far” or “needs a rest” Fingers crosses he’ll be playing European football in July too, as will the travel sick, tired, European qualifying bound Celtc players

He's knackered? 😂😂😂😂😂

He's played 16 games less than Kieran Tierney this season lol

Edited by slasher

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I haven't any on. I do think however any club being asked to provide up to 7 first team players for end of season friendlies who also have Euro qualifiers in July deserve some consideration. 

Doesn't stop them going on their jollys in between league games to Tenerife though does it!

Certainly weren't doing much relaxing over there!

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

He's knackered? 😂😂😂😂😂

He's played 16 games less than Kieran Tierney this season lol

That’ll be Kieran Teirney the biggest myth in Scottish football

edit: at risk of sounding pedantic, Kieran Tierney hardly “played” he was on the pitch in European games, as shown by results

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That’ll be Kieran Teirney the biggest myth in Scottish football

You cracked than yin earlier remember? 

Why not try some of your pishy patter straight out an Irvine Welsh novel, that usually works better for you. 👍

59 minutes ago, andyD said:

Them progressing also helps the league's coefficient.. so more teams can get access to europe and get money for that.

Didn't they get rid of country coeffiicient and its no based on individual performance?

I've been hearing this co-efficient bullshit for years and years...an enhanced co-efficient is of no real use to any team other than Celtic (or Rangers if they ever get their act together). 

Allowing Celtic players to dodge the draft, sets a dangerous precedent. That club gets positive discrimination at every fucking turn

1 hour ago, Rab The Crab said:

Don’t need to apologise mate, I’m not an old firm fan but for a lot of clubs that’s a players wage for the season.

in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make a difference to the outcome. Id' rather Celtic lost the CL cash every year so the gap was less.