Play offs - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

😂Dundee’s ‘success’ is pretty much based on our failure.

To be fair they have had it tight for the majority of my lifetime, its only right we need to take a bit back.  

This is very true. And we can take it. We can also handle the childish stuff from the likes of Eddard, The rangers fans who just need to hate. The brain dead pondlife of Scottish football. 

3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was there today. Some game! Cove definitely wanted up and should have had been up considering they were far better side in the first half. Second half was all Cowden and then Cove lost it near the end with all the Cowden time wasting. Some end to the game!

What was the story with the 3rd Cowdenbeath goal?? By all accounts Cove had their keeper fouled and the players went tonto...

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

This is very true. And we can take it. We can also handle the childish stuff from the likes of Eddard, The rangers fans who just need to hate. The brain dead pondlife of Scottish football. 

It really isnt.

We have been absolute utter shite this season, its been a dreadful season, that much is clear.

Accies were lucky not to get relegated and probably should have been based on the second half of the season

Results at the end of Feb/beginning of March saved them but apart from a home win against County they have been dire - 4 points out of the last 33 available

Will be losing a lot of players and the next batch from the academy are still too young to be flung into the SPL

I hope Livingston beat Thistle as they will be going straight back down ...but they wont

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Accies were lucky not to get relegated and probably should have been based on the second half of the season

Results at the end of Feb/beginning of March saved them but apart from a home win against County they have been dire - 4 points out of the last 33 available

Will be losing a lot of players and the next batch from the academy are still too young to be flung into the SPL

I hope Livingston beat Thistle as they will be going straight back down ...but they wont

Having been at the match on Friday if livi beat thistle I will be gobsmacked. Neither team deserved a shot at the prem the football was brutal.

Play offs are farcical when the likes of Peterhead finish 22 points ahead of Stenny over a league campaign yet Stenny get another shot at it over two legs and ultimately gain promotion.Much the same in the 1st division where Raith finish 15 points ahead of Alloa yet Alloa find themselves promoted.You then have Cowdenbeath who finish bottom of the league and should be demoted to whatever league yet they get another lick at it and end up staying where they are

6 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Play offs are farcical when the likes of Peterhead finish 22 points ahead of Stenny over a league campaign yet Stenny get another shot at it over two legs and ultimately gain promotion.Much the same in the 1st division where Raith finish 15 points ahead of Alloa yet Alloa find themselves promoted.You then have Cowdenbeath who finish bottom of the league and should be demoted to whatever league yet they get another lick at it and end up staying where they are

Italian Serie B has 2 teams up automatically and then play off for next 4 for final spot. Play offs only happen if the 3rd placed team isn’t x points, think 10, clear of either 4th or 6th, can’t remember which one. Basically rewards/doesn’t penalise the team if they have clearly been 3rd best.

12 hours ago, Langtonian said:

That’s kinda the point of playoffs. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

That’s kinda the point of playoffs. 

No shit sherlock

Second placed team should get promoted automatically instead of having to go into a cup tie scenario playing against teams who finish the length of the country behind them and who over a season were not good enough to get 1st or 2nd place

3 hours ago, Langtonian said:

No shit sherlock

Second placed team should get promoted automatically instead of having to go into a cup tie scenario playing against teams who finish the length of the country behind them and who over a season were not good enough to get 1st or 2nd place

The clubs agreed with the format.

I’m guessing your team lost out?

FFS I can't believe some of the hostility shown towards Livi on this thread. Try and remember we only came up this season from League 1 with the aim of not being relegated back down again.

We had a fraction of the budget teams Like Utd, Falkirk and Dunfermline had but still managed to cuff the lot of them and finish second. Half the guys in this squad played in League 1 last season so if you're gonna have a go at Livi for its sh*t standard of play what the f8ck does that say about the so called big teams in the Championship.

Livi have been Livi for almost 25 years now and have a new generation of fans, many of whom can't even remember Meadowbank so can we drop all the crap about franchise fc, its boring.

Now I'll grant you that we have had some dodgy owners over the years and very regrettably businesses lost money through their mismanagement. But don't forget that the club also paid a heavy price for that being dumped in the old 3rd Division (something that didn't happen to Dundee and Dunfermline btw when they had similiar problems) and having to battle its way back up the leagues on a very limited budget. The SFA has also never been slow to hit Livi in the pocket for some really feeble issues, ie being late submitting paperwork.

The fan base, yes we struggle to get fans through the turnstiles but when you're slap bang in the middle of an area overrun with Old firm glory hunters and a sizeable Hearts and Hibs following to compete against its not easy.

And finally having watched some of the live games on Sky and BT (along with highlights from that excuse for a programme Sportscene) involving premier league teams, I don't think many can complain about Livi when compared to  some of the  dam awful matches we see on the TV.

Rant over bring on the Jags. 

31 minutes ago, adonisfaelivi said:

FFS I can't believe some of the hostility shown towards Livi on this thread. Try and remember we only came up this season from League 1 with the aim of not being relegated back down again.

We had a fraction of the budget teams Like Utd, Falkirk and Dunfermline had but still managed to cuff the lot of them and finish second. Half the guys in this squad played in League 1 last season so if you're gonna have a go at Livi for its sh*t standard of play what the f8ck does that say about the so called big teams in the Championship.

Livi have been Livi for almost 25 years now and have a new generation of fans, many of whom can't even remember Meadowbank so can we drop all the crap about franchise fc, its boring.

Now I'll grant you that we have had some dodgy owners over the years and very regrettably businesses lost money through their mismanagement. But don't forget that the club also paid a heavy price for that being dumped in the old 3rd Division (something that didn't happen to Dundee and Dunfermline btw when they had similiar problems) and having to battle its way back up the leagues on a very limited budget. The SFA has also never been slow to hit Livi in the pocket for some really feeble issues, ie being late submitting paperwork.

The fan base, yes we struggle to get fans through the turnstiles but when you're slap bang in the middle of an area overrun with Old firm glory hunters and a sizeable Hearts and Hibs following to compete against its not easy.

And finally having watched some of the live games on Sky and BT (along with highlights from that excuse for a programme Sportscene) involving premier league teams, I don't think many can complain about Livi when compared to  some of the  dam awful matches we see on the TV.

Touche ma pal.  I will be supporting Livi tonight and Sunday.  I can't believe that you can't believe there is hostility on this site!  If it's no Sheep or Tim approved you will face their wrath and 'opinions' of which they are never wrong.  Experts on everything from company law to criminal psychology. (all by courtesy of Google as you will know, but experts all the same) Try being a Rangers supporter ffs.  Good luck tonight.

47 minutes ago, adonisfaelivi said:

Good luck to David Hopkin and Livingstone. Your manager is a local lad from Greenock so your team gets my support.

26 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Touche ma pal.  I will be supporting Livi tonight and Sunday.  I can't believe that you can't believe there is hostility on this site!  If it's no Sheep or Tim approved you will face their wrath and 'opinions' of which they are never wrong.  Experts on everything from company law to criminal psychology. (all by courtesy of Google as you will know, but experts all the same) Try being a Rangers supporter ffs.  Good luck tonight.

Cheers. Appreciated.