Completed Bucket List - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Completed Bucket List

Following on from our resident Canadian Big Ramy’s thread about what everyone still has to tick off their bucket list, I thought I’d take the liberty of starting a thread for what everyone has achieved

Most of mines were and are travel based so I’ll cut bulk of it out

Went travelling

Visited Africa

Done 30 countries by the time I was 30

Saw and met the Jacksons (nae Michael though, had tickets for the o2, I’ll need to go to seance to complete the set)

Went to a Euro championships

Went to El Clasico

*Seen Hibs win the League and Scottish cups (Dont know if that can count as it wasn’t really in my hands)

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1. Parachute Jump from static line for my 30th birthday - never ever ever again.

2. Not such a big thing now, but growing up in the 70's, eventually got to Disneyland in Florida with my young lass (aged 8 ) in 1994. Truly became the inner child, and quite emotional at times as Mum & Dad had the dream of taking me and my sister when we were bairns but they never ever had the money. (Pontins/Butlins/Blackpool/Scaborough holds some great memories though)

3. Toured every major city in Europe before turning 30. Did Copenhagan on a spur of the moment, booking a Ryanair/Easyjet flight with just a toothbrush in my top pocket, leaving Friday night and returned on back to Scotland on Sunday. The taxi from airport to downtown Copenhagen was more expensive than the flight - the early days of cheap carriers.

4. Jacked in job at 40 and went backpacking with the wife for 18 months in South East Asia (and daughter and her man joined us for a 6 month spell) - bucket list was Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Bagan, Burma (Myanmar) including Death Railway, and Borabodur, Indonesia. Made lots of friends from all age groups with different life experiences - including a Finnish Bank Robber. Amazed at the amount of English/Scots ex pats who traveled and found their Utopia, including a fantastic bloke in in his mid 50's from Leith who has been travelling and working in Thai/Vietnamese/Cambodian bars to live/subsist for over 30 years.

5. Walked Sydney Harbour Bridge and had a pint at the Rocks.

6. Had a Singapore Sling in Raffles Hotel, Singapore.

7. Attended an Executive Box (prawn Sandwich brigade) at Old Trafford with Paddy Crerand as host while Man U wasted AS Roma and Ronaldo doing keepy ups on the park, while beating 4 players in a perfect assist.

8. Top of Eiffel Tower an Lunch/Beers/Wine in Mont Martre

9. Auschwich

10.  Brandenburg Gate and Zoo Station (quite underwhelming, just wondered what the fuss was about mainly because of Bowie/U2)

The next 10 involve Latin America - and still to be done.

• 2 weeks later...