Glasgow Passport Office - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Passport Office

Does anyone know if you can just walk into the passport office and renew there instead of filling out the forms in the post office? Phoned them last week and all you get is to go onto the yougov website. Absolutely fucking useless

If so, what do you need to take with you?

57 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Does anyone know if you can just walk into the passport office and renew there instead of filling out the forms in the post office? Phoned them last week and all you get is to go onto the yougov website. Absolutely fucking useless

If so, what do you need to take with you?

booked express PP application - maybe costs around GBP 135 (June 2016 )

I booked appointment from Cape Town, arrived 8am, appointment for 9.30 -

3 hours shopping and picked up PP around 12.30pm

very straight forward & mine was more complicated because i was asking for a 2nd PP, not a replacement, so I am still carrying  2 live Passports 

I thought the process was all quite seamless (if you have the correct documents in hand)

You can always submit request 1 year ahead of expiry, & they will add the year onto your new PP - I was issued with a PP which was valid for 11 years - my prior PP was too full  (embassies want 2 clear sides on the 1 sheet of a PP ) 

tells it all here really

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-service

although its GBP 177

It's more strict now, but my boss had 4 live British PP at one stage

I've had 2 live one's concurrently for around the last 15 years  - typically some of them only last 5-7 years before filled up with visa's & immigration start complaining on being unable to find a spot to stamp 

Edited by euan2020

I used the same day service about 7 years ago. Booked online for early am appointment, passport was ready pm. Straight forward enough.

The eye opener was the amount of dodgy looking folk hanging about the building, plus searches, metal detector, security guards etc.

I have just renewed my passport. Used the online method.  The most difficult bit was getting a decent photo taken against a plain background with no shadows (Hank Marvin kept standing behind me, boom boom).  The whole process has been pretty quick and my passport should be delivered tomorrow if there is any post on a May holiday.  Emails keeping me up to date with the key stages.  Old passport sent back to them securely and no need for a signed photo like you used to need.  Have to say that the whole process has been very easy.

On 6 May 2018 at 4:29 PM, Big Col said:

I used the same day service about 7 years ago. Booked online for early am appointment, passport was ready pm. Straight forward enough.

The eye opener was the amount of dodgy looking folk hanging about the building, plus searches, metal detector, security guards etc.

Seconded. Visited recently and found the whole thing seamless, as I had an interview after putting my passport through a wash. As for the people kicking about.......