Welcome to Scotland - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, phart said:

So hibs were 40 years ahead of Rangers in religious tolerance. You're not really making good points. Everyone knows religious intolerance existed. It's how long it was permitted to exist that's the issue.

Since you're running circles around this thread I have to step in. So atm We have Rangers as being 30-40 years behind the times. Any evidence that can bring that down to a couple of decades a generation as opposed to two.

At least you have had the sense to admit it wasn't just Rangers. By reading some of the replies here it was only ever Rangers.  Thank you for some common sense and realism phart.  Facts are facts but some on here will not admit it.  My best pal is a jambo and he denies to this day there has never been a religious thing there with the fans.  Even when you show him the famous photo of the fans greeting at Dundee and the scarves with red hands and union jacks he still refuses to believe it.  Its only rangers that have the bigots!! Just a thought, if you hate the protestant bigots does that make you bigoted against them?  Therefore also a bigot???  I am away to read Socrates on this..  Na feck it going to pub for a dram.  I need to toughen up in case yon big bhoy Ramy decides to swim across the mediterranean to do me.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

At least you have had the sense to admit it wasn't just Rangers. By reading some of the replies here it was only ever Rangers.  Thank you for some common sense and realism phart.  Facts are facts but some on here will not admit it.  My best pal is a jambo and he denies to this day there has never been a religious thing there with the fans.  Even when you show him the famous photo of the fans greeting at Dundee and the scarves with red hands and union jacks he still refuses to believe it.  Its only rangers that have the bigots!! Just a thought, if you hate the protestant bigots does that make you bigoted against them?  Therefore also a bigot???  I am away to read Socrates on this..  Na feck it going to pub for a dram.  I need to toughen up in case yon big bhoy Ramy decides to swim across the mediterranean to do me.

Socrates was a man of his convictions. Drank the Hemlock rather than flout the rule of law. Practiced what he preached even though everyone just assumed he would flee including his prosecutors.

Socrates spoke of the Truth. Protestants Bigots don't deal with truths, they think they're superior just cause they are protestants a false notion.

A story is told of Socrates wading into the public bath in Athens. Following him, a young man taps Socrates on the shoulder and says, "Socrates, can I be your disciple?" Socrates continues walking, giving no response.

"Socrates, can I be your disciple?" the young man repeats. Again Socrates gives no response. A third time the young man pleads, "Socrates, can I please be your disciple?" Suddenly, Socrates wheels around, grabs the young man's head and thrusts it under the water. He holds the struggling man under until the bubbles start surfacing.

Finally, when there is virtually no hope left, Socrates pulls the young man up out of the water and says eye to eye, "Young man, when you desire truth as much as you desired air, then you can be my disciple."

18 minutes ago, phart said:

Socrates was a man of his convictions. Drank the Hemlock rather than flout the rule of law. Practiced what he preached even though everyone just assumed he would flee including his prosecutors.

Socrates spoke of the Truth. Protestants Bigots don't deal with truths, they think they're superior just cause they are protestants a false notion.

A story is told of Socrates wading into the public bath in Athens. Following him, a young man taps Socrates on the shoulder and says, "Socrates, can I be your disciple?" Socrates continues walking, giving no response.

"Socrates, can I be your disciple?" the young man repeats. Again Socrates gives no response. A third time the young man pleads, "Socrates, can I please be your disciple?" Suddenly, Socrates wheels around, grabs the young man's head and thrusts it under the water. He holds the struggling man under until the bubbles start surfacing.

Finally, when there is virtually no hope left, Socrates pulls the young man up out of the water and says eye to eye, "Young man, when you desire truth as much as you desired air, then you can be my disciple."

So was john knox. And pope john paul 2.

21 minutes ago, phart said:

Never heard of John Knox and not sure what pope that was.

I think John Knox presented Blue Peter.  And that's why the rangers boys love him.  I am not 100 % though.  And heard them singing about the pope tae.  Cultural stuff from the rangers fans.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Never heard of John Knox and not sure what pope that was.

I take it you are at the wind up regarding John Knox mate.  Serves me right I hear all say.  Read a bit more on John Knox and how heroes of Scotland like him and the Calvanists set this wee country free from the tyranny of Rome.  Along with Germany and Martin Luther.  Otherwise we would all be Celtic supporters when you think about it !!

After the reformation and in Robert Burns day.  Scotland had an 80% literacy rate as we were free from Rome.  The rest of catholic run Europe had less than 20%.  Facts that some cannot stomach.  But facts all the same.  Different days now but being Scottish doesn't mean wearing a glengarry, getting pished at a scotland game.  Or living overseas and reminising about us with a wee dram.  We have had a brutal life as a country.  The killing times in Scotland were like Syria is now.  But we eventually got through it.  I love my country.  But we are still a divided nation because of religion.  I was walking to the Hebrides Bar the day before the vote and an orange walk was going past so I couldnt get over until it had passed.  I know I am havering but yon we dram or two in pub makes me feel like I need to speak. Am a bit pished mind so bear with me.  I hate no man.  I do not like Rangers or Celtic supporters who are full of bigotry.  I love Scotland more than i love my team.  And you can all get to feck because no one likes me.  And I don't care .  And by the way the Rangers supporters on this board are a credit to their team.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say that's utter nonsense and more to do with the Celtic board fact were imbeciles at the time.

Its Archie Macpherson who I'm sure makes the claim in his autobiography on Jock Stein. Given how well researched the rest of the book is, I don't think you can completely dismiss it (although its been a while since I read it). If anyone has a copy handy, it would be interesting to check.

Just now, Stu101 said:

Its Archie Macpherson who I'm sure makes the claim in his autobiography on Jock Stein. Given how well researched the rest of the book is, I don't think you can completely dismiss it (although its been a while since I read it). If anyone has a copy handy, it would be interesting to check.

Hey Stu.  Who are you to dispute Squirrels claims that it had nothing to do with that.  What did Archie McPherson know anyway?  The Squirrel was obviously the man in the know.  Apart from Archie being there and writing it in his autobiography.  But what did he know??  Facts maybe?  Canny stomach truth nor fact some. But they call me a liar?  Is Archie a liar o wise chums on TAMB?

40 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hey Stu.  Who are you to dispute Squirrels claims that it had nothing to do with that.  What did Archie McPherson know anyway?  The Squirrel was obviously the man in the know.  Apart from Archie being there and writing it in his autobiography.  But what did he know??  Facts maybe?  Canny stomach truth nor fact some. But they call me a liar?  Is Archie a liar o wise chums on TAMB?

I am going for a dram.  Read what the men that were in the know about rangers and celtic in that time.  Read their books and call them liars if you will.  Alex ferguson, craig brown, Ally mcleod.  But you wont.  Modern social websites means that you know better. Pricks.  At least Parkie and I know we are pricks. the rest. mmmm

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I remember him!!  He got hounded off here.

That's just complete shite tbh. He was one of the most popular posters on here, he sure as fuck wasn't "hounded off". 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's just complete shite tbh. He was one of the most popular posters on here, he sure as fuck wasn't "hounded off". 

I met him at an away trip parkie and he just got sick of the hatred towards his team.  And I am being honest.  I have only posted here a few few times and You need to understand that we are like you. It is Scotland we love above all.  But we love our club teams.  I totally respect you ma pal with the love for your love for your club and country.  Respect mine.

And hounded was a play on the name wolfie, ya prick!

Edited by Rolling hIlls
laugh

12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I met him at an away trip parkie and he just got sick of the hatred towards his team.  

Yup, completely different thing from being "hounded off". 

12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And hounded was a play on the name wolfie, ya prick!

Oh no, the bad man called me a name. I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks whining about it... :rolleyes: :lol:

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup, completely different thing from being "hounded off". 

Oh no, the bad man called me a name. I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks whining about it... :rolleyes: :lol:

Beat it sheepie.   Just remember that one word. Ian Durrant.  Get it up ye.  Sleud now and going for a couple of hours in the shawl.  Rangers and ScotlND FOREVER.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Beat it sheepie. .  Just remember that one word. Ian Durrant. Get it up ye.  Sleud now and going for a couple of hours in the shawl.  Rangers and ScotlND FOREVER.

Not that Parkie needs the help but is that not 2 words??