Welcome to Scotland - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

previous banned member starts thread..................admits thread is a wind up....................has a dig at other posters..................gets some abuse fired at him.................moans about the board.

yup definitely a hun😂

Got to be debian surely?

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

The video clip that our Cove sent me of Gerrard noticing and reacting to the picture of the queen in the Rangers dressing room is a belter! 😂

Do share

3 hours ago, phart said:

Is that the best paid kit-man in the game? The guy who wouldn't give mo johnstone his top. His laddie got employed as well. I thought i recognised the guy in the clip.

Jimmy Bell. Same guy who refused to clap in a minutes applause for a Celtic player, possibly Jinky. Staunch.

35 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Jimmy Bell. Same guy who refused to clap in a minutes applause for a Celtic player, possibly Jinky. Staunch.

Bitter!

(Jimmy Bell, not you)

Gerrards reaction to the picture of the Queen is a belter.

cringe!

:lol:

11 hours ago, phart said:

Is that the best paid kit-man in the game? The guy who wouldn't give mo johnstone his top. His laddie got employed as well. I thought i recognised the guy in the clip.

Jimmy Bell - horrid little bigot, he's been with Rangers for decades !!

59 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Jimmy Bell - horrid little bigot, he's been with Rangers for decades !!

I doubt that he is a bigot.  Rangers have had more catholic signings than protestant in last 15 years.  We are an inclusive club and bigotry would not be allowed.  Maybe in the 60's and 70's but not any more.  Surely you can see that?

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Why the fuck do they have a picture of the queen up, actual embarrassment of a club

Because you don't agree with it doesn't make it an embarrassment.  Rangers are proud of their traditions.  A lot don't like it.  It would be embarrasing if there was a photo of a terrorist etc.  But it is the Queen who many 100's of thousands of people in the UK love.  And also have photo on wall.  Doesn't float my boat.  If Celtic had a photo of the pope in dressing room it wouldn't bother me.  They are proud club founded by catholics for the catholics.  So.  Whats your problem??

23 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Because you don't agree with it doesn't make it an embarrassment.  Rangers are proud of their traditions.  A lot don't like it.  It would be embarrasing if there was a photo of a terrorist etc.  But it is the Queen who many 100's of thousands of people in the UK love.  And also have photo on wall.  Doesn't float my boat.  If Celtic had a photo of the pope in dressing room it wouldn't bother me.  They are proud club founded by catholics for the catholics.  So.  Whats your problem??

Maybe because their "traditions" are outdated and photos of the queen or the pope just keep the underlying sectarianism festering whilst making token comments and gestures to eradicate it ?

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

Maybe because their "traditions" are outdated and photos of the queen or the pope just keep the underlying sectarianism festering whilst making token comments and gestures to eradicate it ?

Just a thought.

And there is now a conversation at the highest levels including GMB this morning about how the Mr Men books are offensive.  We are all offended now.  The woman who is a editor in the Daily Mail said it was an embarrasment and offensive to have such books in society lol.  People need to get a grip.  I have a photo of William Wallace on my wall.  God help me if I am ever visited by the PC brigade.  Does that mean I live in the past or bigoted against the English.  I also have a photo of my grandad who was a miner.  Traditions.  Also a Robert Burns photo with his masons apron.  Need I go on?  If a photo of the Queen on a wall from a club who are traditionally British by nature offends folk then it is they that have the problem.  The diversity in Scotland is what makes us.  My Cellic pals love slagging me but are never offended' by a stupid wee painting.  As I said, get a grip.  I am away to watch the wee hun and wee tim teams battle it out.  Over.

38 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic were never "for the catholics". Don't spout nonsense, just to make your own bigoted club look less scummy. 

47 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

What a load of shite. Why any football team have a photo of the queen on the wall is well beyond me, can guarantee she doesnt give a fuck about them

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Celtic were never "for the catholics". Don't spout nonsense, just to make your own bigoted club look less scummy. 

Oh Oracle of all football.  Celtic were formed by Brother Walfrid in 1887 to help the Irish Catholic immigrants and provide hope, food and shelter for these folk.  Because of that they became the catholic club and Rangers because the local protestant population who were being wage undercut by the catholics, became the protestant club.  Sad but true.  And the traditions of both clubs exists to this day.  Not so much within the clubs themselves but the majority of support on both sides.  Like it or not (and I don't) it is a fact. Sorry Oracle I hate to disagree with you and point out your wrongs.

Just now, Kirk said:

What a load of shite. Why any football team have a photo of the queen on the wall is well beyond me, can guarantee she doesnt give a fuck about them

Your erse.  Rangers are the Queens 11 and she has the final say on appointments and tactics.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Your erse.  Rangers are the Queens 11 and she has the final say on appointments and tactics.

😂😂 I'll give us that one

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Oh Oracle of all football.  Celtic were formed by Brother Walfrid in 1887 to help the Irish Catholic immigrants and provide hope, food and shelter for these folk.  Because of that they became the catholic club and Rangers because the local protestant population who were being wage undercut by the catholics, became the protestant club.  Sad but true.  And the traditions of both clubs exists to this day.  Not so much within the clubs themselves but the majority of support on both sides.  Like it or not (and I don't) it is a fact. Sorry Oracle I hate to disagree with you and point out your wrongs.

Celtic have always been a club open to all. Since their beginnings, so do not haver absolute shite. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Celtic have always been a club open to all. Since their beginnings, so do not haver absolute shite. 

quoted wrong message. 

Edited by BlueGaz