£88 a ticket - Page 3 - Peru v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£88 a ticket

kumnio

53 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's unenforceable.

What travel documentation do you produce if you drive over a border to get to an away game?

It’s entirely enforceable. The SFA can pretty much dictate terms, the customers have no choice but to abide by their terms and conditions. 

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

On the basis that they’d simply refuse you a ticket. Although, I do agree with your gripe. Goodness knows why they have to have BOTH flight and digs proof. Surely just a flight would do? 

To be fair, it's pretty easy to knock up a flight confirmation.

1 minute ago, dan cake said:

Has anybody received confirmation of the sfa accepting their travel details?

I haven’t. But I saw a guy on FB who the SFA responded to telling him his emailed confirmation wasn’t good enough fully. So, they are obviously getting them and looking at them.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's unenforceable.

What travel documentation do you produce if you drive over a border to get to an away game?

If you're driving to Peru see rule 107.3.c.2 paragraph 7

"if driving to the Southern hemisphere, the member must send a postcard (signed in their own blood for DNA purposes) to the SFA offices from every country they pass through. The SFA will then issue the ticket by post to the member's address which will require said member to fly home to pick the ticket up and then fly back to where the challenge match is being played."

I don't make the rules but it's always good to read the conditions of membership.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Really? How so? Complete with the part that says paid in full?

Sorry, I'm not talking about knocking one up from scratch. I meant editing somebody elses flight confirmation details to read in your name.

Can't imagine doing one from scratch would be overly difficult mind.

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Really? How so? Complete with the part that says paid in full?

Turkish Airlines provide a fully confirmed flight ticket for 48 hrs then cancel - I use this for wife's visa's becuase embassy's want to see a flight booking, not just reservation, which most airlines no longer permit 

Edited by euan2020

22 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Turkish Airlines provide a fully confirmed flight ticket for 48 hrs then cancel - I use this for wife's visa's becuase embassy's want to see a flight booking, not just reservation, which most airlines no longer permit 

Even with the full amount stated paid? 

40 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Even with the full amount stated paid? 

yes  - but every other airline or booking site notes at bottom that this is a reservation only

Turkish Airlines details that it is a confirmed flight 

They even give you the 6 Digit booking reference, which i only ever see from my Corporate Business Supplier, when reserving flights for work  

6 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Sorry, I'm not talking about knocking one up from scratch. I meant editing somebody elses flight confirmation details to read in your name.

Can't imagine doing one from scratch would be overly difficult mind.

Mind & change their seat number