A statement that “beggars belief” - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A statement that “beggars belief”

Guest BlueGaz
6 hours ago, Ormond said:

I think even our resident peepel on this board would see the embarrassment in this latest pish from these cretinous Hun cunts. Even Gaz must surely admit that his club have plumbed new depths of bawbaggery. :)

I don't have a problem with the new allocation.  There are rules/guidelines set out which everyone adheres to, and as long as it is within that, I see no issue.  Early stages, but there is support behind trying to get celtics allocation reduced to the same as every other team at Ibrox, so we are doing the same type of thing - club against that though for obvious reasons.

Having said that, whatever the new allocation is for this game, if i was the club i would stick to that for a few years.  I doubt Hibs will do this for every game moving forward, but wouldnt buy any more tickets from them when they up the allocation once the non regulars stop going again.  But the club have no balls, so doubt that will happen.

I wouldnt cut hibs allocation to Ibrox though, as some have mentioned - they are by a country mile the best away supporters that come to ibrox.  

Edited by BlueGaz

I don't have a dog in the pro/anti Rangers thing, but even I am embarrassed at this statement.

I can understand the fans being disappointed that many of them won't get a ticket. I can understand Hibs wanting as many of their supporters - and as few as reasonably possible Rangers fans - in the stadium as they push for second place.

But for the club to release an official statement containing barely hidden threats about future retaliatory action is very, very poor. (What they say privately can be their own business, but to come out with it publicly shows a certain lack of savoir faire.)

I wonder who it's for, though. With Season Book renewal coming up, is this part of a "No-one likes us, we don't care" marketing strategy to bind the fans together in face of (what they could package as) an anti-Rangers onslaught?

Edited by Flure

51 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Indeed but as one of the fans who will likely be missing out because of the reduced allocation it's annoying if there's going to be hundreds of empty seats.

So you will be fine when you see all the extra tickets for Hibs fans sold?

i can understand it’s annoying if you normally come and don’t get a ticket this time but it is the right thing for Hibs to do in looking after their own fans first.

4 minutes ago, Flure said:

I don't have a dog in the pro/anti Rangers thing, but even I am embarrassed at this statement.

I can understand the fans being disappointed that many of them won't get a ticket. I can understand Hibs wanting as many of their supporters - and as few as reasonably possible Rangers fans - in the stadium as they push for second place.

But for the club to release an official statement containing barely hidden threats about future retaliatory action is very, very poor. (What they say privately can be their own business, but to come out with it publicly shows a certain lack of savoir faire.)

I wonder who it's for, though. With Season Book renewal coming up, is this part of a "No-one likes us, we don't care" marketing strategy to bind the fans together in face of (what they could package as) an anti-Rangers onslaught?

Probably Dodgy Dave getting caught singing YNWA at Anfield last night and text Jabba to put out a statement, any statement to save face.

1 minute ago, giblet said:

i can understand it’s annoying if you normally come and don’t get a ticket this time but it is the right thing for Hibs to do in looking after their own fans first.

Aye, Hibs section of the South Stand seems to be filling up nicely.

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

I agree 100% with Hibs decision and the reason behind it, even if there are empty seats. If I was in their postion I would do the same. I am just personally frustrated that this would likely be my only chance of an away ticket between now and the end of the season and the odds of getting a ticket have be halved. The furstration would still be there if Hibs sold out the other half of the stand, but it would be a lot greater if the rest of the South stand was empty.

Edited by theweestevie

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

that this would likely be my only chance of an away ticket between now and the end of the season and the odds of getting a ticket have be halved. 

Did you not get Tims or Sheep?  I don't think everyone on CCCS was guaranteed a ticket for the split anyway where they?  22k signed up, we were always only going to get what, about 14k in total for the 3 games, something like that.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Did you not get Tims or Sheep?  I don't think everyone on CCCS was guaranteed a ticket for the split anyway where they?  22k signed up, we were always only going to get what, about 14k in total for the 3 games, something like that.

Na no tickets for either of those so far which is why I was thinking I might have a chance for Hibs. Hoping to get a ticket for Aberdeen via my supporters club but they only got allocated 3 but are usually quite good at getting extra tickets. I am quite a bit down the pecking order though as I just recently joined but hoping that since it is a midweek game that might put a lot of people off.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Na no tickets for either of those so far which is why I was thinking I might have a chance for Hibs. Hoping to get a ticket for Aberdeen via my supporters club but they only got allocated 3 but are usually quite good at getting extra tickets. I am quite a bit down the pecking order though as I just recently joined but hoping that since it is a midweek game that might put a lot of people off.

We only got 3 too - I won't get one from bus, but still trying.  Will PM you about Tim tickets.

31 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Forgive my ignorance, but "CCCS"?

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Flure said:

Forgive my ignorance, but "CCCS"?

Continuous Credit Card Scheme Flure.  We don't sell any tickets for away games, or for Hampden games, you sign up for these games at beginning of season (also for home cup games) and get allocated a ticket on a rotational basis, or auto activate your season ticket for home cup games etc.  

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Continuous Credit Card Scheme Flure.  We don't sell any tickets for away games, or for Hampden games, you sign up for these games at beginning of season (also for home cup games) and get allocated a ticket on a rotational basis, or auto activate your season ticket for home cup games etc.  

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Flure said:

there's no such thing as anti rangers, its a made up term by the lunatic fringe in their support. See bluegaz as exhibit A

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

there's no such thing as anti rangers, its a made up term by the lunatic fringe in their support. See bluegaz as exhibit A

Please don't drag me into your quagmires.

seen some pish from Rangers fans concerned about both sets of fans entering ground at same point.  Hibs fans will go via the end of the East stand, they open up the corner between the stands on times like this to ensure segregation.

19 minutes ago, giblet said:

seen some pish from Rangers fans concerned about both sets of fans entering ground at same point.  Hibs fans will go via the end of the East stand, they open up the corner between the stands on times like this to ensure segregation.

What do the clowns do when they share stands with Celtic at Parkhead or Hampden?

The safety line is a belter. People in glass houses and all that.

5 hours ago, Flure said:

Think you've summed it up nicely Flure. It's obviously a tool (written by a tool) to try and get Rangers fans to group together behind the club. 

Sadly it will work with quite a few dafties. 

I don't attend away games anymore so on a personal level it doesn't affect me. 

And as has been said whether Hibs sell all of the tickets or not is immaterial. 

If any Rangers fan does actually feel annoyed by this then their action is simple. Just don't go to another away game at Easter Road. 

For the club to put out that statement is embarrassing and whoever agreed the content needs punted from Ibrox immediately.