A statement that “beggars belief” - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A statement that “beggars belief”

28 minutes ago, giblet said:

Our record at Pittodrie is shocking. Best I can see is a draw there.

We battered you last time at Easter Road  and you managed to win. It’s  Aberdeen to lose 2nd Place now from what I can see.

Reckon they won’t do their usual against Celtic and take something from that game.

Aberdeen have still to lose to Celtic again and potentially even us again. Although the way we are playing they would really need to collapse spectacularly. 

15 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You’ll also have read somewhere that the Beatles have split up, Elvis Presley died and man has walked on the moon

Coming from the guy who is still posting on a cup final thread from 2 years ago I don't think I'll need too much ointment for that burn! :wink2:

8 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I feel sorry for the guy he's been treated abominably by the club and some of the players. Hope he get another chance somewhere else and does well.

This.

I was never convinced he was the long term answer as first team manager but he's been treated pretty shabbily by the club.  Out the door entirely and not going back to running the development side - which was his actual job before he stepped in.

And the statement has now been released that says he has "been relieved of his duties".  FFS, could they not just do the usual "stepped down" or "mutual consent" bollocks and at least let the guy leave with a modicum of dignity?

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And the statement has now been released that says he has "been relieved of his duties".  FFS, could they not just do the usual "stepped down" or "mutual consent" bollocks and at least let the guy leave with a modicum of dignity?

Statement read's he's potentially going to go back as a coach?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"potentially"?

Don't they know? Didn't they get that bit sorted before they relieved him of his duties?

Guest BlueGaz
14 hours ago, giblet said:

Our record at Pittodrie is shocking. Best I can see is a draw there.

We battered you last time at Easter Road  and you managed to win. It’s  Aberdeen to lose 2nd Place now from what I can see.

Reckon they won’t do their usual against Celtic and take something from that game.

You're playing a lot better now though - really strong.  If they have the bottle, will end well.  Aberdeen will def get something in their last game, but you're right, theres to lose now.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

58 minutes ago, Flure said:

"potentially"?

Don't they know? Didn't they get that bit sorted before they relieved him of his duties?

He's been relieved of his duties as first team Coach/Manager but has been offered to return to his old role.  He's currently "assessing his options".

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He's been relieved of his duties as first team Coach/Manager but has been offered to return to his old role.  He's currently "assessing his options".

Do you know, that smacks of the club hanging him further out to dry.

Why not wait until Murty had made his decision? Then either announce that he has left the club "with our best wishes" OR "he has resumed his former duties and we thank him etc, etc".

But "we've sacked him and we don;t know what he's going to do now" does not sound good.

The statement reeks of Jabba. Quicker he can GTF the better.

Doubt you will see Murty again at Rangers. Whilst I do feel a bit sorry for him, he did ask for the job and it clearly has not worked. Fly with the craws and all that.

Wherever he ends up I wish him well.

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

This club should be put to sleep. Anybody who goes anywhere near it is an idiot. 

Everything they say and do is an embarrassing disgrace. Hopefully Murty gets well clear, far too good for them.

I’d love to see them cowp again. But, it seems to be a constant laugh at the minute and it’s enjoyable. 🙂

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

This club should be put to sleep. Anybody who goes anywhere near it is an idiot. 

Everything they say and do is an embarrassing disgrace. Hopefully Murty gets well clear, far too good for them.

The fact the clubs official PR output can easily be confused with something from the Vanguard bears is frightening!

They probably get a load of hits on their website as people check its not a parody!

The clubs been passed from one dodgy owner to the next lot and 6 years on is still being run by a complete chancer.

On the park they’ve got no plan other than to change the manager and throw money at it.

Then there’s the fans...

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mitre said:

According to the Rangers Official site, all away teams will get the wee corner next season.

Looks like no more Broomloan for the tims.

Anything to deflect the monkeys away from King's obvious lack of finance. 

Stay tuned for a statement in a couple of weeks saying the police wouldn't allow the Celtic fans to be placed in the corner. The same day they launch the orange away kit.

19 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

They'll just reciprocate.

Their fans only want this because we've been skelping then and mocking them every time we go there. Didn't hear the dead club's fans ask for our tickets to be cut during their 9iar. It's laughable but will save us spending 50 quid to go there, if it ever does go ahead.

Heard Billy McBilly fae Govan on Clyde 1 there saying it's a great decision which will teach teams like Hibs and Aberdeen not to treat visiting Rangers fans so poorly.

Exactly how much is this cutting Aberdeen or Hibs' Ibrox allocation by? :blink:

17 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Their fans only want this because we've been skelping then and mocking them every time we go there. Didn't hear the dead club's fans ask for our tickets to be cut during their 9iar* It's laughable but will save us spending 50 quid to go there, if it ever does go ahead.

EBT's