Summer holiday's. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

34 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Yeh, heard it was expensive. going to meet the wife's cousin who is travelling Europe from Austrailia. Can't get a flight from Scotland got to go to Manchester.

We went to Naxos for years and had to fly form Glasgow to London then London to Mykonos then ferry to Naxos.  Worth every minute of travelling time!

Majorca for us, I’ve never been to Spain, so have no idea what to expect. 

Then a week in London in October for my brothers wedding, I fully intended to go abroad to watch Aberdeen next season, then my dick of a brother decided to get married. Good job we may not qualify now :)

14 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Going to Santorini (Greece) this year, has anybody been. Any info would be helpful. 

Its looks beautiful, I was thinking about going there this year but decided to go to Tel Aviv  in October . I’ve got a freeby week in a villa in Tuscany also in October,  courtsey of a friend. Have never been to either places. 

And a week in Ibiza in June. Cant wait. 

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its looks beautiful, I was thinking about going there this year but decided to go to Tel Aviv  in October . I’ve got a freeby week in a villa in Tuscany also in October,  courtsey of a friend. Have never been to either places. 

And a week in Ibiza in June. Cant wait. 

Plenty of air miles. Hope you have a great time on your travels.

15 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Very jealous reading this fred. Haven't had a decent holiday in years.

How the hell do you all afford it on top of away trips etc? Are yees all mintit?

Last year I took her with me to Lithuania at the same time as we played. We spent a few days touring around before the game. She gets her holiday and I still get to see the fitba’. I did the same with her on recent trips to Germany and Ireland. The other games I flew back for in the last 5 years I just did myself. 

14 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Very jealous reading this fred. Haven't had a decent holiday in years.

How the hell do you all afford it on top of away trips etc? Are yees all mintit?

One of my holidays IS an away trip. One is costing me £100 for a flight , the accommodation is free.

And as far as Ibiza goes,  at 54 I will not be paying £10 for a bottle of water in a nightclub 🙂

My children are grown up so dont need to stick by school holidays,  it makes a holiday a lot cheaper. 

- A few days at Roland Garros at end May/start of June. 

- A long weekend away in Scotland with pals over the first weekend of the WC 

- 10 nights touring Spain in September. 

- 5 nights in Vegas with pals in October. 

A lot of saving to do prior to it all :lol: 

On 21/04/2018 at 7:25 PM, McTeeko said:

12 nights in Russia for the World Cup for us, the North Coast 500 in a VW Campervan in late July then Istanbul/Tel Aviv and Albania for the Scotland games ✊🏼

I did a billy nomates golfing trip round most of North Coast 500 last year. Absolutely fantastic trip. Scenery just stunning.

2 golf trips this year...first one Inverness..wick..dingwall..kyle of lochalsh..oban..campbeltown.

Second one round Wales..monmouth..swansea..tenby..pembroke..haverfordwest..fishguard..aberystwyth..carnaervon.

1 minute ago, irnbruman said:

I did a billy nomates golfing trip round most of North Coast 500 last year. Absolutely fantastic trip. Scenery just stunning.

2 golf trips this year...first one Inverness..wick..dingwall..kyle of lochalsh..oban..campbeltown.

Second one round Wales..monmouth..swansea..tenby..pembroke..haverfordwest..fishguard..aberystwyth..carnaervon.

What time of year did you do it? We’re a wee bit worried the sites will be really mobbed so no sure whether to just rough it or no? Obviously we’d like to hook up the van to fully use the appliances....

Week in Bavaria for us. Fly into Nuremberg and out of Munich. Bit of sightseeing and travel by train and not sure of itinerary yet but certainly Nuremberg for couple of days and last night in Erding to avoid the ridiculous Munich Hotel prices. Fancy Augsburg in between as it looks lovely.

Other than that I’ve a beer trip with lads late July to Forchheim for 3 nights.