Steve Clarke - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, we had fuck all to play for and you were having to win to have any chance of staying up!

Ok how about this then. 

In the 10 years we were up between 2005-2015, Killie never once took 12 points off us. In fact, the closest either team came was in the 2009-10 season when we took 10 points off you. That any better?

4 hours ago, Marky said:

Ok how about this then. 

In the 10 years we were up between 2005-2015, Killie never once took 12 points off us. In fact, the closest either team came was in the 2009-10 season when we took 10 points off you. That any better?

I never mentioned 12 points! 

Since being promoted in 93 we've never been relegated.  How about The Murn?

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I never mentioned 12 points! 

Since being promoted in 93 we've never been relegated.  How about The Murn?

I didnae say ye did. 

As for being relegated, I’m quite happy with 3 championship titles and a challenge cup, versus season after season of mid-table mediocrity and turgid relegation battles.

Each tae their ain. :ok:

In all seriousness, 25 years unbroken in the top flight for a club like Killie is pretty impressive. I didnae realise you had such a sustained period as that. Equally, I didnae realise you’d spent so much time in the lower leagues prior to that and have zero recollection of you dropping to the third tier (Murn have never done that incidentally :P). I remember Killie coming up around 1980 and I thought that barring the odd year here and there, you’d been pretty much up since then.

For a similar sized club, Motherwell’s record is even more impressive. Over 30 years on the bounce in the top flight. Kudos. I assume only Celtic and Aberdeen can beat those records. 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

I didnae say ye did. 

As for being relegated, I’m quite happy with 3 championship titles and a challenge cup, versus season after season of mid-table mediocrity and turgid relegation battles.

Each tae their ain. :ok:

Killie have won both the League and Scottish cups in the last 20 years as well.......

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Killie have won both the League and Scottish cups in the last 20 years as well.......

Sorry, we’ve one the League Cup too. But I didn’t mention it because we were in the SPL when we did it and my point was about the benefits of some wee stints in the Championship now and then.  And it was only 5 years ago. :P

59 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Motherwell are bottom 6. If someone in bottom 6 won manager of the year the games a bogey.

Fair point. However, 2 cup finals and winning one of them would surely be a far bigger achievement than, for example, Celtic winning a league and cup double.