Who do you think will win world cup? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who do you think will win world cup?

robbo cop

Seeing as we are not putting in another appearance, I may force myself to watch some games, although my enthusiasm at the moment is nil. I even mucked up on booking a cruise, wish I had done it for the second 2 weeks of June so I would miss half of it....never mind.

I reckon West Germany or Spain.  

West Germany arent playing

Germany are but they arent as good as they were

Brazil are much improved but still rely too much on one player

Belgium are high on technical ability and passing but short on goals

Argentina or England (yes seriously) for me

2 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Seeing as we are not putting in another appearance, I may force myself to watch some games, although my enthusiasm at the moment is nil. I even mucked up on booking a cruise, wish I had done it for the second 2 weeks of June so I would miss half of it....never mind.

I reckon West Germany or Spain.  

Czechoslovakia or USSR for me

Although I have neither hope nor expectation of anything other than the usual crap on & off the field, I'd still like to see England win it at least once in my lifetime...well technically twice on account of me being 20-odd months old the last time.

Let me know when my ban starts :unsure:

17 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Although I have neither hope nor expectation of anything other than the usual crap on & off the field, I'd still like to see England win it at least once in my lifetime...well technically twice on account of me being 20-odd months old the last time.

Let me know when my ban starts :unsure:

:lol:

France for me, I want Argentina to win for Messi but I cant see it, they made it to the final last time and I think that was his best shot. Belgium have a deep squad but I think France have a better first 11. Argie's aside, someone outside of Germany, Italy, Brazil or Spain would be excellent as a neutral. 

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

France for me, I want Argentina to win for Messi but I cant see it, they made it to the final last time and I think that was his best shot. Belgium have a deep squad but I think France have a better first 11. Argie's aside, someone outside of Germany, Italy, Brazil or Spain would be excellent as a neutral. 

I am fairly sure Italy won't win it.