Childhood memories? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 4/4/2018 at 11:57 AM, Big Col said:

the scud book demise is one reason you see so many fat kids these days.

Every chance we got as kids we were away a walk or a bike ride for miles to find an abandoned quarry, disused factory or empty building. The holy grail on these trips was finding a 2nd hand scud book. Some of our trips were like Stand By Me the movie.

These days kids and their phones can have an hd quality butchers shop window pose in 2 clicks whereas the best we could get was a ripped page of a readers wife with a big hairy minge.

:lol: Absolutely spot on! 

I miss cunts talking like this here. :lol:

Edited by Ormond

2 pages into a thread about childhood memories and nothing more than  nudey mags 🙄

Shakes head. 

Not all childhood memories are good right enough. I remember being absolutely devastated when, in about p4,  I failed the audition for the school brass band. The entire class got taken to the first aid room and told to stand in a queue, all you had to do to pass the audition was make a sound, any sound,  from a Cornet. I was the only person in the class who couldnt get a sound. Not even a wee toot 🙁 

The auditions took place in the lunch hour, so you had to bring a packed lunch. My gran had just bought me a new school bag, a tan leather briefcase, probably for getting a gold star in my jotter for the first time ever.  I lived on a council estate in Paisley , all the other girls had cool Donny Osmond bags and I was walking about like the fookin chancellor  of the exchequer. 

I opened my briefcase to take solice in my packed lunch, only to find that my lunch was banana sandwiches , and the banana had been put on the bread in the morning, so it was black and seeping all over my new bag . It was a terrible day. And the bag stank of banana for weeks 😢

egg mayonnaise in your piece box. It was a very distinctive smell, the egg and the plastic tupperware. The whole class knew if you had an egg piece.

That tracing paper stuff that they claimed was toilet paper in the school bogs. I don't think i ever took a dump at school.

Building a slide in the school playground when it was frosty. Actually rushing into school early to work on the slide. I'm guessing now its a health and safety issue and slide building is banned?

58 minutes ago, Big Col said:

egg mayonnaise in your piece box. It was a very distinctive smell, the egg and the plastic tupperware. The whole class knew if you had an egg piece.

That tracing paper stuff that they claimed was toilet paper in the school bogs. I don't think i ever took a dump at school.

Building a slide in the school playground when it was frosty. Actually rushing into school early to work on the slide. I'm guessing now its a health and safety issue and slide building is banned?

Simply ‘rushing into school ‘ is a health and safety issue these days.  

😂 egg pieces in tupperware, 40 odd years may have passed but the mere mention of it and the ‘aroma ‘ comes flooding back. You must have been posh or a  bit younger than me though cos it was simply egg mashed with butter , or on a good day, mashed with salad cream. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The auditions took place in the lunch hour, so you had to bring a packed lunch. My gran had just bought me a new school bag, a tan leather briefcase, probably for getting a gold star in my jotter for the first time ever.  I lived on a council estate in Paisley , all the other girls had cool Donny Osmond bags and I was walking about like the fookin chancellor  of the exchequer.

Along the same lines. In primary 5 I needed football boots to go to the trials for the school team (you weren't permitted to wear trainers). 

Even back then childhood vanity was rife the boots had to be Adidas or gola. My mum came home with my new boots from woolworths....WOOLWORTHS winfield panthers if I recall correctly. Now I realise now that was all my auld dears could afford but that didn't matter to me at the time. 

I went in the mega huff "I'm no wearing them". "aye you ur"said my maw, the argument went on for days. I never wore them and never got to the trials because I wouldn't. Luckily soon after I found a scud book....... 

30 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Along the same lines. In primary 5 I needed football boots to go to the trials for the school team (you weren't permitted to wear trainers). 

Even back then childhood vanity was rife the boots had to be Adidas or gola. My mum came home with my new boots from woolworths....WOOLWORTHS winfield panthers if I recall correctly. Now I realise now that was all my auld dears could afford but that didn't matter to me at the time. 

I went in the mega huff "I'm no wearing them". "aye you ur"said my maw, the argument went on for days. I never wore them and never got to the trials because I wouldn't. Luckily soon after I found a scud book....... 

😂 oh Bonzo I feel your pain,  on this occasion a dirty mag is acceptable 👍. 

I was good at sports and was in the school netball and athletics team, but my fanily couldn't afford  to buy me a real Fred Perry top flike the rest of the team had, I had to wear wee cheap nylon thing, And I had to  use spikes borrowed from the school whereas everyone else had their own.

The worst thing ever was though primary school leaving dance. I had to wear the long bridesmaid  dress I wore when ny mum got remarried 2 years earlier . TWO years . I was about 6 inches talller by then, it was halfway up my legs. 

It really is surprising I have turned out so normal and balanced 😬

7 hours ago, Big Col said:

Ditto!   Not just because of the Izel ether.   There was a wee guy who could pish way higher than the cubicle walls.   (No pun intended.)

There might have been a bit of health and safety back in my day;  though only once the slide had been polished the full length of the playground, the soddin' jannie would come out and salt it.

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I was good at sports and was in the school netball and athletics team, but my fanily couldn't afford  to buy me a real Fred Perry top flike the rest of the team had, I had to wear wee cheap nylon thing, And I had to  use spikes borrowed from the school whereas everyone else had their own.

The worst thing ever was though primary school leaving dance. I had to wear the long bridesmaid  dress I wore when ny mum got remarried 2 years earlier . TWO years . I was about 6 inches talller by then, it was halfway up my legs. 

Oh no you haven't.   There's another slip ^_^

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

2 pages into a thread about childhood memories and nothing more than  nudey mags 🙄

Shakes head. 

Not all childhood memories are good right enough. I remember being absolutely devastated when, in about p4,  I failed the audition for the school brass band. The entire class got taken to the first aid room and told to stand in a queue, all you had to do to pass the audition was make a sound, any sound,  from a Cornet. I was the only person in the class who couldnt get a sound. Not even a wee toot 🙁 

I opened my briefcase to take solice in my packed lunch, only to find that my lunch was banana sandwiches , and the banana had been put on the bread in the morning, so it was black and seeping all over my new bag . It was a terrible day. And the bag stank of banana for weeks 😢

That has to be the oxymoron of the year so far on the TAMB :lol:

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

MMMmm. You think? 

Pitch and Putt and the Boating Pond at Rouken Glen park was part of my childhood enjoyment. Walking from my Council House to this posh area left me wondering how do you get a hoose here? Still wondering.

11 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Oh no you haven't.   There's another slip ^_^

🙂 Well if I havent it may be because, not only did I have to wear a bridesmaid dress that was 2 years old, the guy that was taking me to the dance dumped me the night before. And I am going to name and shame him right now, It could be you.

His name was Jim Brown , so if you are out there, Jim Brown from Paisley circa 1974, I havny forgotten 👨🔨 😡

31 minutes ago, bonzo said:

We know what you were really thinking :lol:

😂, I may not be as balanced as I like to think I am but I am not THAT unstable. 

On the other hand ,  The Donald  is probably still behind Jim Brown in the list of folk I would like to shoot, and just ahead of Orraloon . The German Orraloon of course 😬