Cricket balls - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket balls

Toepoke

And to think we're not good enough to play at the World Cup next year, but we're good enough to beat the world number one. This is a message to the ICC that the smaller cricketing nations are good enough to compete with the best and shouldn't be tossed on the scrapheap.

18 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

And to think we're not good enough to play at the World Cup next year, but we're good enough to beat the world number one. This is a message to the ICC that the smaller cricketing nations are good enough to compete with the best and shouldn't be tossed on the scrapheap.

That was a pathetic decision by the ICC, particularly when they then gave Ireland test status.  In my lifetime I now seen a Scot win Wimbledon and Scotland beat England at cricket...football world cup next?

18 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

That was a pathetic decision by the ICC, particularly when they then gave Ireland test status.  In my lifetime I now seen a Scot win Wimbledon and Scotland beat England at cricket...football world cup next?

I'll be happy just to qualify for one...

Brilliant win and fully deserved. It is still sore we won't be at the World Cup but this is a massive shot in the arm for Scottish cricket. In MacLeod we had the baysman of the day and in Watt we had the bowler of the day. Impressed how we kept our nerve and went toe to toe with the world No 1 ranked team and won.

Great stuff.