Players we will never give up on - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Players we will never give up on

ceudmilefailte

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I don't even think Barrie McKay himself would agree that he is "extremely talented", your probably the only person in the universe who believes that. But if it gets you through the day .....

Indeed it does. That’s Barrie’s problem by the way. Watch this very carefully, but don’t listen if you can avoid it. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

Kranjcar and Weir are hardly likely to slag off a young player they knew are they ?

Footballers tell lies.

It's quite common for older players and coaches to encourage a young player by giving them a few lines of praise in the press. That doesn't mean it's true though.

Robbie Keane told the press in 2010 that he was really impressed with two young strikers he trained with every day at Celtic and predicted big things ahead for them both. Their names were James Keatings and Greig Spence. Check where those two are now. Keane was just doing what Kranjcar and Weir did for McKay - being nice.

26 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Kranjcar and Weir are hardly likely to slag off a young player they knew are they ?

Footballers tell lies.

It's quite common for older players and coaches to encourage a young player by giving them a few lines of praise in the press. That doesn't mean it's true though.

Robbie Keane told the press in 2010 that he was really impressed with two young strikers he trained with every day at Celtic and predicted big things ahead for them both. Their names were James Keatings and Greig Spence. Check where those two are now. Keane was just doing what Kranjcar and Weir did for McKay - being nice.

We’ll agree to differ. McKay was a well established first team player by that point. 

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably badly worded title was meant more to apply to younger player's who's ability is so great you won't give up on then no matter what. 

Barrie McKay would be a good example or Islam Feruz.

A few posters scatter gun every one under 17 as a future great, point of thread is to actually put it in writing 

Winner gets a job as a Man City scout

Can't speak for anyone else but I've long since given up on Islam Feruz. How often have we heard we're lagging behind because we don't have enough immigrants? Well we finally got one and he was a fkin ringpiece.

31 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I've long since given up on Islam Feruz. How often have we heard we're lagging behind because we don't have enough immigrants? Well we finally got one and he was a fkin ringpiece.

I think you'll find that we have actually had a couple of hundred Scotland internationals over the last 140 odd years to the present from amongst the families of Irish immigrants to Scotland. 

It's only a rumour but it has been said by some in the know that Islam Feruz was of particularly low intelligence and that played some part in his "downfall".

Ikechi Anya (son of Nigerian and Romanian parents) was bursting with pride and enthusiasm whenever he played for Scotland. There will be more in the next ten years. And they are very welcome.

I'd maybe rephrase that rant about the immigrants. Someone might get the wrong idea.

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I think you'll find that we have actually had a couple of hundred Scotland internationals over the last 140 odd years to the present from amongst the families of Irish immigrants to Scotland. 

It's only a rumour but it has been said by some in the know that Islam Feruz was of particularly low intelligence and that played some part in his "downfall".

Ikechi Anya (son of Nigerian and Romanian parents) was bursting with pride and enthusiasm whenever he played for Scotland. There will be more in the next ten years. And they are very welcome.

I'd maybe rephrase that rant about the immigrants. Someone might get the wrong idea.

Not a rant at all. And you're right about Ikechi Anya - great wee player for Scotland. Somebody said elsewhere that some players somehow look better at international level and he was one of them. I wish everyone who pulled on our jersey had his attitude.

Feruz is still a bell-end though. Last heard of being stopped by the rozzers in Edinburgh in an 80 grand Porsche pretty much said it all.

9 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Not a rant at all. And you're right about Ikechi Anya - great wee player for Scotland. Somebody said elsewhere that some players somehow look better at international level and he was one of them. I wish everyone who pulled on our jersey had his attitude.

Feruz is still a bell-end though. Last heard of being stopped by the rozzers in Edinburgh in an 80 grand Porsche pretty much said it all.

Want to buy a bunnet ?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5537510/celtic-islam-feruz-chelsea-hats-caps-tajiri/

On 9/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Why would Mark Warburton, who is under huge pressure to get QPR promoted, want to sign such a mediocre player who failed miserably at Forest, Swansea and Fleetwood ?

Barrie McKay was a hugely overrated player as a youngster. As I recall most people on this forum were agreed that he was an unimpressive player with a poor return of goals and assists.

Funnily enough my cousin used to know all the McKay brothers Barrhead. He said that Danny McKay was actually much more talented than Barrie originally. Sadly, Danny was too fond of having a good time at night and arguing with his coaches to make it as a pro at Kilmarnock.

I know Dan pretty well and he was a far better player. Has held his hands up now and said he wished he stuck in and didnt bevy etc, he got a bad injury and couldn't play for a bit and thats when he got more interested in drink. 

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

I know Dan pretty well and he was a far better player. Has held his hands up now and said he wished he stuck in and didnt bevy etc, he got a bad injury and couldn't play for a bit and thats when he got more interested in drink. 

What’s the measure? Did he play professionally, was he quicker, better touch or just better at keepy ups?

I get the irony. Barrie has all the talent and attributes, but isn’t better than Matt Ritchie, even though he definitely is. 

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

What’s the measure? Did he play professionally, was he quicker, better touch or just better at keepy ups?

I get the irony. Barrie has all the talent and attributes, but isn’t better than Matt Ritchie, even though he definitely is. 

Are you doing this for a joke or something now ? :lol:

22 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

The measure is he was a better player, and yes he played professionally.