One more friendly for 2018? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One more friendly for 2018?

N4Footsoldier

Albania consider their greatest victory ever to be against Greece in the latter's first game as European Champions.

It was a WC 2006 qualifier in Tirana - Albania 2 Greece 1. I'm reliably informed by locals who were present that the party was only called off after a week.

There's a certain parallel............

Edited by Barney Rubble

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, drew said:

Why should they chuck the season tickets? If you know you can make all the games then it makes it easier to book as one bundle. Not keen on them including friendlies as I can't guarantee I can make them but they could make 2 different packages including and excluding the friendlies.

The idea of a season ticket is to add value to the regular attendee rather than (from memory) last time they did it not actually represent any discernible savings. That and if you get stuck near an absolute weapon you know you can't move next time.

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Croatia have announced a match v Jordan for November, so that leaves Portugal and us as the only two UEFA teams without a game, so it's either them or a non-UEFA team.

It looks like none of the South American teams have arranged friendlies, nor have most of the North American or Asian teams. We'll probably end up playing the USA or Australia.

17 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

It looks like none of the South American teams have arranged friendlies, nor have most of the North American or Asian teams. We'll probably end up playing the USA or Australia.

While there is every chance of a non-UEFA team, I would imagine that all signs point to a game v Portugal.

12 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Portugal away, at the Algarve stadium where we played Gibraltar would be a nice October trip 🍻☀️🏌🏿

While very possible, I suspect that is who the SFA have eyed up to latch on to the Nations League Season Ticket (a 4 game package including Belgium and Portugal is more appealing than just Israel and Albania).

Also given  A LOT of fans will have booked for Israel, it will be unfair to spring up an away game at this late stage when everyone is already booked to come home from Tel Aviv.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Would there be a chance of an evening ko on a Sunday ?

Just checked UEFA kick off times for Sunday’s, 2pm, 5pm and 7:45pm, from those 3 I would say 7:45pm is the most likely one, but suppose what TV companies offer in terms of a deal.