Message from Hungarian Ambassador - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Message from Hungarian Ambassador

ATAC

As I am handling the Sunshine Appeal donation in Budapest I have been speaking with Liam for the last month, and he has been a great help.

He actually pointed us in the right direction so we could make our £5,000 donation to Dankó Street nursery (located in a very poor part of Budapest (8th district) and the 40 kids (aged 4-12 years) that attend the school are either orphans or come from families that face a multitude of social issues).

Deary me. The man has taken a decision to post an informative and well meaning video regarding an upcoming trip and is being called a bellend and having his "posh" accent made fun off. It has also cleared up one vital bit of information for the hard of thinking on the 'Allocation' thread... you must carry your passport at all times. Not your drivers license or your SSC card. Your passport 

It's a sad day when some of our support decide to turn on our own

Edited by DoonTheSlope
I am fun at parties

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

As I am handling the Sunshine Appeal donation in Budapest I have been speaking with Liam for the last month, and he has been a great help.

He actually pointed us in the right direction so we could make our £5,000 donation to Dankó Street nursery (located in a very poor part of Budapest (8th district) and the 40 kids (aged 4-12 years) that attend the school are either orphans or come from families that face a multitude of social issues).

Bet it's no just cash you're giving him while you're there. 

Ambassador Iain Lindsay does a great deal for the British community here in Budapest. He is also a proud Scot and does a lot of good work here with the Scottish community. His team are also doing what they can to ensure everyone coming to Budapest has a safe and enjoyable stay.

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

I have know doubt he’s probably a nice guy, but my comment was about his wooden performance, he is ambassador after all (he should be used to public speaking), it  made me cringe, TAMB  seems to have lost its sense of humour, by they way for people who didn’t read from the top I wasn’t the 1 who called him a bellend 

3 hours ago, jcs said:

I have know doubt he’s probably a nice guy, but my comment was about his wooden performance, he is ambassador after all (he should be used to public speaking), it  made me cringe, TAMB  seems to have lost its sense of humour, by they way for people who didn’t read from the top I wasn’t the 1 who called him a bellend 

No, that was me! Stand by it 👍

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Deary me. The man has taken a decision to post an informative and well meaning video regarding an upcoming trip and is being called a bellend and having his "posh" accent made fun off. It has also cleared up one vital bit of information for the hard of thinking on the 'Allocation' thread... you must carry your passport at all times. Not your drivers license or your SSC card. Your passport 

It's a sad day when some of our support decide to turn on our own

The haha was for your edit 😂

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal, I would like to thank Iain for his appearance at our 66th donation in Budapest earlier this week.

Really heart warming the affection from Hungary we are getting over the last few days (I got stopped in the street once yesterday to ask if I was the guy from the charity, and even had a girl on the flight home last night ask me the same) :ok:

Edited by wanderer