russia poisioning - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, phart said:

I haven't followed his recent moves. So the Russian asset has his ability to stay in Russia stripped I thought he was arrested for walking into the exhibit about the Georgian 2008 war in the embassy and being a loud obnoxious feck about their interpretation of the war. But if you say he stormed their embassy the exact wording used for the Iranian siege then fair enough.

Was asked to leave and refused, then made a scene when the police arrived.

Guy I know in London used to crowd fund a lot of his early work, but stopped because of all the photos of him with young girls on his social media feeds.

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Guy I know in London used to crowd fund a lot of his early work, but stopped because of all the photos of him with young girls on his social media feeds.

Let's see these photo's and the news that he got his visa revoked i can't find them.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yeah he should have absolutely got arrested. He seems like another propagandist or useful idiot. Never read any of his articles, just aware of him cause folk name drop him on social media for various things.

1 minute ago, phart said:

Let's see these photo's and the news that he got his visa revoked i can't find them.

Why would a Brit nobody having his Russian visa revoked be news?..... Sure it was a journalist at the Moscow Times who reported it back in mid July.

Why would a Brit nobody having his Russian visa revoked be news?..... Sure it was a journalist at the Moscow Times who reported it back in mid July.

Well you must have found out about it, i'm asking how you know. Unless you dreamt it?

Just now, phart said:

Well you must have found out about it, i'm asking how you know. Unless you dreamt it?

I follow the Kyiv Post and their Editor and reporters on social media, and they retweeted a posted from Alexey Kovalev who was reporting it back in July.

What about the original tweet? 

What about it, show me it if you have evidence. I checked the Fan ID thing and it checks out ostensibly. What about he other tweets in the line saying eh was in Crimea?

Someone writing something on twitter isn't proof, especially when they ignore every challenge to  back it up and we have a direct counter claim.

Edited by phart

3 minutes ago, phart said:

What about it, show me it if you have evidence. I checked the Fan ID thing and it checks out ostensibly. What about he other tweets in the line saying eh was in Crimea?

You mean the video he posted not long after where he left his car at Simferopol Airport about moving on to new things?

Pretty hard not to put one and one together when a reporter at the Moscow Times says that, then a few days later he is back in London and not been back to russia since.

suppose time will tell who out of Graham and Alexey were telling the truth.

Just now, wanderer said:

You mean the video he posted not long after where he left his car at Simferopol Airport about moving on to new things?

Pretty hard not to put one and one together when a reporter at the Moscow Times says that, then a few days later he is back in London and not been back to russia since.

suppose time will tell who out of Graham and Alexey were telling the truth.

No i mean the tweets in that tweet line. I have no idea about a video. So now you're saying we have to wait for evidence. I thought the evidence was already in. In fact it's just occurred to me who i'm speaking too. You're a top lad Wanderer but parsing information and deciding it's veracity isn't your strong suit. Manni handing out tickets, Craig Gordon playing for Dunbar etc

You might be right i was just interested in reviewing the evidence. There isn't any to make an informed decision.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

No i mean the tweets in that tweet line. I have no idea about a video. So now you're saying we have to wait for evidence. I thought the evidence was already in. In fact it's just occurred to me who i'm speaking too. You're a top lad Wanderer but parsing information and deciding it's veracity isn't your strong suit. Manni handing out tickets, Craig Gordon playing for Dunbar etc

You might be right i was just interested in reviewing the evidence. There isn't any to make an informed decision.

Thanks, always a good sign when someone has to dig out that old one to win a argument 👍

Gordon playing for Dunbar? New one on me....

18 hours ago, wanderer said:

Thanks, always a good sign when someone has to dig out that old one to win a argument 👍

Gordon playing for Dunbar? New one on me....

There isn't an argument though. You said we will wait and see. I'm happy, i thought you had evidence , you don't. So wait and see works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 2:21 AM, Eisegerwind said:

Who are these Bellingcat people? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45665380

On 9/30/2018 at 2:48 PM, phart said:

Front for the security services. Ostensibly an "open source" researcher who just happens to be a fellow of the atlantic coucil. But in reality is a public source in the propaganda war against Russia.

https://www.rt.com/news/448743-bellingcat-blogger-integraty-initiative-twitter/

Edited by thplinth

getting paid 40 pence a word, that's not bad. Plus it was obvious

On 9/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, phart said:

I like how he "open sourced" investigated them so that they managed to get a hold of a list of passport applications from Russian agents.

Also

Here's a look at the "Jokes" academic profile at MIT.

Theodore Postol is Professor of Science, Technology and National Security Policy in the Program in Science, Technology, and Society at MIT. He did his undergraduate work in physics and his graduate work in nuclear engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After receiving his Ph.D., Dr. Postol joined the staff of Argonne National Laboratory, where he studied the microscopic dynamics and structure of liquids and disordered solids using neutron, x-ray and light scattering, along with computer molecular dynamics techniques. Subsequently he went to the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment to study methods of basing the MX Missile, and later worked as a scientific adviser to the Chief of Naval Operations. After leaving the Pentagon, Dr. Postol helped to build a program at Stanford University to train mid-career scientists to study developments in weapons technology of relevance to defense and arms control policy. In 1990 Dr. Postol was awarded the Leo Szilard Prize from the American Physical Society. In 1995 he received the Hilliard Roderick Prize from the American Association for the Advancement of Science and in 2001 he received the Norbert Wiener Award from Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility for uncovering numerous and important false claims about missile defenses. On September 28, 2016 the Federation of American Scientists awarded Professor Theodore Postol from MIT their annual Richard L. Garwin Award,[5] "that recognizes an individual who, through exceptional achievement in science and technology, has made an outstanding contribution toward the benefit of mankind."

( The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is a 501(c)(3) organization with the stated intent of using science and scientific analysis to attempt to make the world more secure. FAS was founded in 1945 by scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project to develop the first atomic bombs.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Postol

On 9/30/2018 at 11:47 AM, wanderer said:

A website run by journalist Eliot Higgins, basically digs deep to uncover the truth from war zones and criminal underground activities.

He has basically single handily proved that Russia downed MH17 (there was a documentary on him last year which showed his methods using the power of social media and local ground jouranlists).

• 9 months later...

Right well the case isn't going to court now and it's being pung back and forth between the coroners office and the Counter terrorism police, which it shouldn't be as coroner is meant to be independent.

"The British Government’s narrative that a Kremlin-ordered assassination plot against a former GRU agent, Sergei Skripal, in March of 2018 also caused the death of a woman, Dawn Sturgess,  three months later,  has collapsed for lack of evidence admissible in court.  

After nineteen months of investigations by hundreds of police, military personnel, forensic scientists, and secret service agents, including Skripal himself and his daughter Yulia, the Metropolitan Police have been unable to present their case for the cause of death of Dawn Sturgess to the Wiltshire and Swindon County senior coroner, David Ridley (lead image). Ridley’s court is located at 26 Endless Street, Salisbury, the town in which Skripal was allegedly attacked on March 4, 2018. Sturgess fell ill on June 30 at her companion’s home in Amesbury, nine miles from Salisbury. She died on July 8.

Because Ridley cannot rule on the cause of death according to the requirements of British law, the Government has decided to prevent an inquest from being held. Although Ridley has ordered postponements of the inquest every six months since he convened the first pre-inquest review (PIR) on July 19, 2018, he and his superiors in London decided last week that the hearing scheduled for this week should not be held at all, and that the Sturgess inquest should be delayed sine die, without a date being set.

This is tantamount to ending the legal process – without a ruling that Sturgess had been the victim of murder. That in turn casts grave legal doubt on the British police, government and press allegations of what caused Skripal’s collapse, and who was responsible.

On Friday Ridley attempted to cover up the blocking of the court process by claiming he had issued a press release announcing the inquest postponement through the Counter Terrorism unit of the Metropolitan Police in London. “I would advise you,” said Ridley’s spokesman Debra Twort, “that the Senior Coroner issued a press release advising of the postponement through Counter Terrorism. A further date has not been set.” - http://johnhelmer.net/skripal-update-english-coroner-runs-out-of-legal-camouflage-and-genuine-evidence-for-postponing-inquest-into-dawn-sturgess-death-spokesman-attempts-lying-to-press/

But there is more. When contacted for details of the postponement and rescheduling, the Coroner’s Office responded by saying that a press release had been sent to Counter Terrorism Command (CTC), which is a branch of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), headed by Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu. However, it seems that even though this press release was sent, CTC does not appear to have released it — at least nothing has appeared in the media regarding it, and there is nothing on the MPS website.  - http://www.theblogmire.com/an-update-on-the-inquest-into-the-death-of-dawn-sturgess/

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/10/no-inquest-for-dawn-sturgess/

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, phart said:

Russia report due out in little over an hour.

Pretty damning if the commentary from Kevan Jones and Stuart Hosie - who are current members of the intelligence committee but we're also on the previous committee which put the report together - is anything to go by.  

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

Pretty damning if the commentary from Kevan Jones and Stuart Hosie - who are current members of the intelligence committee but we're also on the previous committee which put the report together - is anything to go by.  

Just back in, damning in what context? The way it was handled? The way Russia behaved? How strong the evidence is?