russia poisioning - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

But not slush.

I like the raspberry flavour. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Do you speak Russian? Or is it the translation that sounds stilted?

After many many years on the tamb I speak fluent shite and they were talking shite. 

I laughed out loud at your post as I hadn’t realised it was the translation I was commenting on and of course it was stilted. I now imagine Putin behind my curtain saying “what a fanny.”

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Who are these Bellingcat people? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45665380

A website run by journalist Eliot Higgins, basically digs deep to uncover the truth from war zones and criminal underground activities.

He has basically single handily proved that Russia downed MH17 (there was a documentary on him last year which showed his methods using the power of social media and local ground jouranlists).

Edited by wanderer

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

A website run by journalist Eliot Higgins, basically digs deep to uncover the truth from war zones and criminal underground activities.

He has basically single handily proved that Russia downed MH17 (there was a documentary on him last year which showed his methods using the power of social media and local ground jouranlists).

Aye, right.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, right.

I like how he "open sourced" investigated them so that they managed to get a hold of a list of passport applications from Russian agents.

Also

Here's a look at the "Jokes" academic profile at MIT.

Theodore Postol is Professor of Science, Technology and National Security Policy in the Program in Science, Technology, and Society at MIT. He did his undergraduate work in physics and his graduate work in nuclear engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After receiving his Ph.D., Dr. Postol joined the staff of Argonne National Laboratory, where he studied the microscopic dynamics and structure of liquids and disordered solids using neutron, x-ray and light scattering, along with computer molecular dynamics techniques. Subsequently he went to the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment to study methods of basing the MX Missile, and later worked as a scientific adviser to the Chief of Naval Operations. After leaving the Pentagon, Dr. Postol helped to build a program at Stanford University to train mid-career scientists to study developments in weapons technology of relevance to defense and arms control policy. In 1990 Dr. Postol was awarded the Leo Szilard Prize from the American Physical Society. In 1995 he received the Hilliard Roderick Prize from the American Association for the Advancement of Science and in 2001 he received the Norbert Wiener Award from Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility for uncovering numerous and important false claims about missile defenses. On September 28, 2016 the Federation of American Scientists awarded Professor Theodore Postol from MIT their annual Richard L. Garwin Award,[5] "that recognizes an individual who, through exceptional achievement in science and technology, has made an outstanding contribution toward the benefit of mankind."

( The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is a 501(c)(3) organization with the stated intent of using science and scientific analysis to attempt to make the world more secure. FAS was founded in 1945 by scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project to develop the first atomic bombs.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Postol

Edited by phart

24 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Which was why I asked. Is he another internet looney with an agenda.

No, but he does attract the looneys (so called “journalist” Graham Phillips showed up in Leicester looking for him to debate and was comedy gold.... since the Russians kicked Phillips out of Russia he has tuned to being a nuisance in other ways, and seems to thinking stalking Elliot will get him back in with the Russians, when Elliot does not even give him a minutes thought). 

He was deported from Ukraine not Russia, also Latvia.

He is called a Journalist by the guardian probably cause he went through their trainee journalism scheme

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/21/british-journalist-graham-phillips-detained-east-ukraine

British journalist Graham Phillips held in Ukraine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27506545

Edited by phart

5 minutes ago, phart said:

He was deported from Ukraine not Russia.

He had his Russian residents visa stripped two months ago, and been back in U.K. since (was arrested for storming the Georgian Embassy in London not long ago).

Edited by wanderer

15 minutes ago, wanderer said:

He had his Russian residents visa stripped two months ago, and been back in U.K. since (was arrested for storming the Georgian Embassy in London not long ago).

I haven't followed his recent moves. So the Russian asset has his ability to stay in Russia stripped I thought he was arrested for walking into the exhibit about the Georgian 2008 war in the embassy and being a loud obnoxious feck about their interpretation of the war. But if you say he stormed their embassy the exact wording used for the Iranian siege then fair enough.

Here's a video of the embassy being stormed.

Edited by phart