russia poisioning - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I genuinely don't know what you mean.  Are you suggesting the Prime Minister asked The Sun who did it rather than her statement being advised by her intelligence service?

You mis-read. 

There is no "evidence that I can see at all. No bedside photos of ill PC, no statement of any kind from him. Just the Tories accusing and a compliant press repeating ad nauseum.

An appeal for witnesses but no CCTV at all to show the Russians walking/eating/slumping....not a thing.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The intelligence community and the politicians unequivocally say Russia is behind the attack.  You either believe it or think they have said this for some other ulterior motive.  

Some people are wanting indisputable evidence of this attack in the public domain before they'll believe anything.  It's not intelligent to believe everything; neither is it healthy to never believe anything.

It's more than likely you're not going to catch the spy in the act is it...what do folk want?  If people are waiting for someone red handed, they'll be waiting a while.  The actual state has to respond while some folk need the whole story laid out like the end of a poirot.

I don't trust Boris Johnson to analyse chemical data, so what he says is irrelevant. We're waiting on the substance being identified, what politicians say is meaningless this is a scientific question not a political on.

Yes I want the OPCW to inspect it. Same as i was against Iraq war cause despite what Blair and Bush were saying the independent experts were saying his nuclear capabilities were zilch and his chemical not far behind.

I've found my method of evaluating data has served me well over the years when it comes to the "Truth" of a situation.

59 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Because i'm making the connection that the Prime Minister is singing from the same hymn sheet as the intelligence service that work for her.  I don't think she just decided at breakfast to play Inspector Clouseau.  Is it your contention her statement is not advised by her own briefing?  Given that GCHQ do not customarily make any statement at all, how else but through politicians do you think they get their message out in an official way?

Why assume this when it wasn't done over Iraq? Also our security services aren't one entity there will be factions. Plus the nature of intelligence are hardly heterodox. GCHQ is going through a scandal right now where they are charged with illegally requesting information from citizens from telecommunication companies. It's not like they are a paragon of virtue.

Read "who framed Colin Wallace" by award winning investigative journalist Paul Foot. You're naive.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We need to subscribe to read that one phart.

You can read enough surely, i could.

"

By Debora MacKenzie

Several countries could have made the nerve agent used in the chemical attack on Russians Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury, UK, weapons experts have told New Scientist.

British Prime Minister Theresa May says that because it was Russia that developed Novichok agents, it is “highly likely” that Russia either attacked the Skripals itself, or lost control of its Novichok to someone else who did. But other countries legally created Novichok for testing purposes after its existence was revealed in 1992, and a production method …"

I've already posted the stuff about it being developed by Iran under the auspices of OPCW i thought. Which is basically what this is saying.

http://www.spectroscopynow.com/details/ezine/1591ca249b2/Iranian-chemists-identify-Russian-chemical-warfare-agents.html?tzcheck=1,1,1,1,1&&tzcheck=1&tzcheck=1&tzcheck=1

All the paper have had lines like this in it.

" That’s why a growing number of chemical weapons experts say it is highly likely that only a government could have the technology and infrastructure to make it. And given that the Soviet Union, in the 1980s, was the only state known to have produced it, that has led many experts to conclude that Russian intelligence was behind Skripal’s poisoning."

It's total bullshit.

Edited by phart

1 minute ago, phart said:

Seems Corbyn is the target now that the papers have finally started talking to chemical weapon experts.

DYvQow3WAAAu4-U.jpg:large

I noticed on Sky earlier that one of his  own MP’s was having a pop, saying something like ‘it doesnt help when the leader of the party has a different opinion from the rest of the party’ , when Corbyn suggested the UK give Russia a sample of the poisoning. How dare he suggest something so brazen. 

My mum was moaning about Alex Salmond the other day because he ‘was siding’ with the  Russians. She has been in hospital for 2 weeks and seen no TV, so I assume she got this from the Sun which she reads daily. 

Unless of course the Skripals are in the bed next to her at the Paisley  RAH. 

4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Some people are wanting indisputable evidence of this attack in the public domain before they'll believe anything.  It's not intelligent to believe everything; neither is it healthy to never believe anything.

It's more than likely you're not going to catch the spy in the act is it...what do folk want?  If people are waiting for someone red handed, they'll be waiting a while.  The actual state has to respond while some folk need the whole story laid out like the end of a poirot.

Its not wanting 'indisputable evidence', its more a case of wanting some evidence and there just seems to be a whole load of things that don't stack up before the rush to judgement that the Russians did it.  I don't expect all that evidence to be in the public domain but we don't seem to have got any and have instead a series of contradictory statements.  As well as evidence you look for motive, and yes the Russians might have sufficient motive (though that's debatable), what is really odd is if is was the Kremlin, why now when they'd had plenty of opportunity to do so in the past?  And then you get Boris (good Russian name) wading in and saying the Russians have been stockpiling stuff for the last decade - if the Govt has got more solid evidence then they're doing a pretty rubbish job because they're failing to convince a lot of us.

2 hours ago, phart said:

I don't trust Boris Johnson to analyse chemical data, so what he says is irrelevant. We're waiting on the substance being identified, what politicians say is meaningless this is a scientific question not a political on.

Isn't that the exact point I'm making?They're getting advice from experts in science and intelligence.  Noones saying BJ is sitting with a lab coat on.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

10 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Isn't that the exact point I'm making?They're getting advice from experts in science and intelligence.  Noones saying BJ is sitting with a lab coat on.  

Well the OPCW have their sample now. I'm saying that don't believe what comes out a politicians mouth cause once we end up with inquiries you read through them and see they were ignoring intelligence advice while letting everyone assume they were listening. Iraq being the prime example.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Seems Corbyn is the target now that the papers have finally started talking to chemical weapon experts.

DYvQow3WAAAu4-U.jpg:large

Those front pages were from weeks ago and that story has been completely trashed and discredited. 

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Those front pages were from weeks ago and that story has been completely trashed and discredited. 

Good. I zoomed in on one of the pictures and thought it had said March. I'll have to improve my vetting process.

5 hours ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Here is a what if.. What if it was the Skripals who were making the chemicals? 

It's half what I've been wondering. Key fact is this Russian spy was living in SALISBURY. A nice quaint English city by all accounts. But why would a Russian agent go there? Obvious answer is he was WORKING there. Or to be precise, just up the road...where samples of the stuff would have  been created and stored...so.....perhaps???

We all knew Bojo was an arse but his latest comments comparing Putin with Hitler is surely too far. (no real comment against his view that I have seen).

I need to know why May allows this buffoon as Foreign Sec ?  The only answer is surely to demonise Putin/Russia and then tag on Corbyn's "support/questioning" and destroy him and the Labour party ?

I cannot see any other rationale.

39 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Craig Murray's blog currently under a cyber attack.

166x1l3.png

...of a type not originating in Russia?

33xak5i.png

How accurate are the location stats though? 

My old flat mate had his location routed or something through South America so he could watch all sorts of shit online.

15 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

We all knew Bojo was an arse but his latest comments comparing Putin with Hitler is surely too far. (no real comment against his view that I have seen).

I need to know why May allows this buffoon as Foreign Sec ?  The only answer is surely to demonise Putin/Russia and then tag on Corbyn's "support/questioning" and destroy him and the Labour party ?

Politically, it was the only job she could give him and keep him on-side at the time. Its one of the three high profile jobs, and remember he a sizeable block of MPs behind him.

There is no other rational than that. May didn't have any other option (other than chancellor, I suppose).

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

How accurate are the location stats though? 

My old flat mate had his location routed or something through South America so he could watch all sorts of shit online.

Sorry, I have no idea.   tbh 2nd pic was my poor attempt to get a Russian-origin gag in;  maybe Craig's too!

Point was...

The attack works simply by getting many thousands of bots from around the world to interrogate the site with queries into its search facility, thus crashing it. It is a type of attack we come under routinely, but never on anything like this kind of scale. This is a proper effort to get the blog off air.

He's previously been dragged into court, likewise Wings.   Britain seems to be becoming an authoritarian state, where the press is compliant and opposition is silenced.   Even Faceslap gets attacked the same day.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Sorry, I have no idea.   tbh 2nd pic was my poor attempt to get a Russian-origin gag in;  maybe Craig's too!

Got ya.

My approach is not take anything at face value in this one. Bluffs, double bluffs and triple bluffs (probably) abound ! Remember when I was in Vietnam, dude was telling me you could hire a 10,000 bot army for less than $50. Remember thinking at the time 'why the fuck would I want that?!'

All so murky as fuck.

4 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Ultra insulting to the Russian people. They lost many millions of lives at Hitler's hands. And fighting on OUR side too. Possibly the most shameful utterance of Boris's flawed career.