russia poisioning - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, phart said:

The first mass spec thing you do in school is hydrogen atom.

It identified it, but since no one looking knew what polonium210 looked like they didn't spot it. I've went and pulled it from wiki. It wasn't mass spec. It was gamma spectroscopy i confused them.

Scientists at AWE tested for radioactive poison using gamma spectroscopy. No gamma rays were detected; however, a small spike was noticed at an energy of 803 kilo-electron volts (keV). The BBC reported that by coincidence another scientist, who had worked on Britain's early atomic bomb programme decades before, happened to overhear a discussion about the small spike and recognised it as the alpha particle signal from polonium-210, which was a critical component of early nuclear bombs. On the evening of 22 November, shortly before his death, his doctors were informed the poison was likely to be polonium-210. Further tests on a larger urine sample using spectroscopy designed to detect alpha radiation confirmed the result the following day

OK that make sense now. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That Clyde Davies fella sounds like one angry geezer. My favorite bit is when he says something like "some of my best friends are Russian".:lol:

I didn't read it all, but I think one of the bits he is missing is "Impurity profile fingerprinting". It's commonly used in the chemical industry. It relies on looking at the impurity profile rather than the structure of the compound itself. The impurity profile not only helps you identify where the product was made, but it can also narrow it down to an individual batch of product made on that site. But you do need an impurity profile of the original batch to compare it with.

Correct. 

From the BBC :

"A police officer who fell ill after attending the incident - Det Sgt Nick Bailey - was also taken to hospital and remains in a serious condition"

So why was his car taken away if he was never in it after the event ?

14 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

From the BBC :

"A police officer who fell ill after attending the incident - Det Sgt Nick Bailey - was also taken to hospital and remains in a serious condition"

So why was his car taken away if he was never in it after the event ?

But that quote doesn't suggest that he fell ill 'straight' after attending the incident. I've not really been following this, but I thought I'd heard or read that some time had passed since the father and daughter were in the restaurant (where it was being suggested they'd come into contact with the nerve agent) before they became ill in the park - though things may have moved on since then. As I say, not been following it.

6 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

But that quote doesn't suggest that he fell ill 'straight' after attending the incident. I've not really been following this, but I thought I'd heard or read that some time had passed since the father and daughter were in the restaurant (where it was being suggested they'd come into contact with the nerve agent) before they became ill in the park - though things may have moved on since then. As I say, not been following it.

Indeed.On the assumption the Russians feel very very ill within one hour of the drug, then it does stretch it that the PC went home in his car within that very short period.

But a hell of a lot of "facts" have been very vague and "mobile".

I've pieced together a bit of a timeline - you have to go back and look at what was actually being reported at the time.

1. The two Russians found unconscious on the afternoon of 4th March. (Sunday) 

2. Reports on 5th March that two people , man in his 60s, woman in her 30s have been take no to hospital, later name as the Skirpals (Monday)

3. Two Police Officers reported as being taken to hospital suffering from minor symptoms on 6th March. (Tuesday).

4. PC named on 8th March (Thursday) as being in critical condition.  Presumably one of the two admitted on Tuesday who's condition had worsened. 

I’m definitely not a smart person but I’d say I’m aware of media / government deception, propaganda etc at least at a basic level but it gets to the stage you just can’t be arsed tying to get to the bottom of something, this being a perfect example. 

I don’t believe the offical narrative for a second and you could spend hours down the rabbit hole trying to get closer to what might have happened but there comes a point when you just can’t be bothered anymore. 

8 hours ago, aaid said:

I've pieced together a bit of a timeline - you have to go back and look at what was actually being reported at the time.

1. The two Russians found unconscious on the afternoon of 4th March. (Sunday) 

2. Reports on 5th March that two people , man in his 60s, woman in her 30s have been take no to hospital, later name as the Skirpals (Monday)

3. Two Police Officers reported as being taken to hospital suffering from minor symptoms on 6th March. (Tuesday).

4. PC named on 8th March (Thursday) as being in critical condition.  Presumably one of the two admitted on Tuesday who's condition had worsened. 

1) Two Russians found seriously ill on Sunday - then surely hospitalised Sunday ?

2) Police not hospitalsed until 6th (not serious at that stage).

Thanks for the research. That was not the narrative i had read (but there has been a lot of shit flying around.)

9 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

1) Two Russians found seriously ill on Sunday - then surely hospitalised Sunday ?

2) Police not hospitalsed until 6th (not serious at that stage).

Thanks for the research. That was not the narrative i had read (but there has been a lot of shit flying around.)

Yes, two Russians taken straight to hospital on the Sunday.  

Look at the background the BBC ran with.

DYcAiL2W0AAXoi9.jpg:large

compared to the Tory one they brought up to say they had done it before. Corbyn was 2 nights ago, Tory one was much further back.

DYgaD2OXkAAc7A2.jpg:large

My life has been reading shit that annoys me. Then either having to get slagged off for it for a decade before it enters mainstream consciousness or no one giving a fuck.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Look at the background the BBC ran with.

DYcAiL2W0AAXoi9.jpg:large

compared to the Tory one they brought up to say they had done it before. Corbyn was 2 nights ago, Tory one was much further back.

DYgaD2OXkAAc7A2.jpg:large

My life has been reading shit that annoys me. Then either having to get slagged off for it for a decade before it enters mainstream consciousness or no one giving a fuck.

There's a few subtle differences between the two pictures.  For the Gavin WIlliamson one, it's clear that they've just plonked a picture of him on the Moscow background.

In the Corbyn one, they've colourised his picture so that it matches the background and also they've adjusted the cap to make it look more "Russian", its actually a Breton or Greek fisherman's cap, much beloved of 80's Indy - music, not politics - types.

All about subliminal messaging and this screams "JEREMY CORBYN IS A COMMIE"

Letter in the Times

The Times published a letter from Stephen Davies (Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust) on the 16th March.
‘Sir, further to your report (‘Poision Exposure Leaves Nearly 40 needing Treatment’), may I clarify that no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve agent poisoning in Salisbury and there have only ever been three patients with significant poisoning. Several people have attended the emergency department concerned that they may have been exposed. None has had symptoms of poisoning and none has needed treatment. Any blood tests performed have shown no abnormality. No member of the public has been contaminated by the agent involved.’

Depending on semantics i've seen many possible interpretations. My own one being. "3 folk were poisoned" specifically 2 Russians and the policeman. No one else was poisoned and no nerve agent was used at all.

On 14/03/2018 at 11:52 AM, PapofGlencoe said:

why are we not following convention and; 

-allowing independent and collaborative testing of the source

- unilaterally deciding a deadline for answers

- failing to give Russia any of the evidence

i'm not saying for one minute that Russia aren't as guilty as hell but if national conventions are there for this very thing why are we not going down that route?  We're basically saying to another state they have to accept any of our findings on the matter.

All on the eve of an election.  

Again no fan of Russia Today but our own BBC doesn't rebut the reasons the Russians give here...

just goes onto say our politicians say we should "hit them hard."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43394699

Because we're British, and we don't need Johnny foreigner sticking ther foreign noses in our British business.

Edited by Eisegerwind

Russia does loads of terrible shit. It's not hard to believe they killed someone. It's all the obvious cajoling and propaganda around it that annoys. All stage-managed and controlled. Plus we're hardly any better as a country, we murdered political enemies as well. Gibraltar (Operation Flavius) it's always murky as feck.

Fuck sake, go on Twitter and there's Flue posting to Alex Thomson using an unattributed Craig Murray joke ;) albeit a very funny one :)

Weird that's the first time I've noticed someone i "know" on twitter, not that he is trying to be incognito, or we really know each other.

I wonder when the independent analysis of the sample will come back.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Letter in the Times

The Times published a letter from Stephen Davies (Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust) on the 16th March.
‘Sir, further to your report (‘Poision Exposure Leaves Nearly 40 needing Treatment’), may I clarify that no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve agent poisoning in Salisbury and there have only ever been three patients with significant poisoning. Several people have attended the emergency department concerned that they may have been exposed. None has had symptoms of poisoning and none has needed treatment. Any blood tests performed have shown no abnormality. No member of the public has been contaminated by the agent involved.’

Depending on semantics i've seen many possible interpretations. My own one being. "3 folk were poisoned" specifically 2 Russians and the policeman. No one else was poisoned and no nerve agent was used at all.

I suppose it depends on what definition of "nerve agent" they are using? Some of the organo-phosphate pesticides developed back in the 40s and 50s could be classed as nerve agents. Just not as potent as the likes of Sarin or VX. From what I can see, I'm not sure that these Novichoks are even classed as nerve agents because, at least officially anyway, we don't know what they are. I'm not sure we will ever find out what chemical was used here?