Random ticket pick ups - Page 4 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Random ticket pick ups

Super Gran

11 hours ago, Sempre said:

So you're saying no harvesting goes on? At all?

There were a good 30-40 empty seats where I was. (See below)

20_FC1_F02_B083_4756_A310_EEEF36_A97131.

Saw plenty others. Would say at least 100 empty seats in the Scotland end.

There were a few people standing in the stairwells that I could see but a handful at most.

Personally I'm quite happy for the SFA to make it 100% pick up from now on unless the away allocation is a particularly large one. You do that and you stop harvesting.

Panoramic Photo or this is deemed null and void. That photo could have been taken before kick off or at half time

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Panoramic Photo or this is deemed null and void. That photo could have been taken before kick off or at half time

Since I am in the photo, I will confirm what Sempre is saying is true. There was at least 50 empty seats in that particular area.

Edited by Grumpyauldgit
cannay spell

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As I said earlier, 90 empty seats in the back two rows. That was 20 minutes into the game. If you don't want to believe that, that's your problem.

SSC members who were in Budapest and didn't have tickets should be asking why there were so many empty seats.

31 minutes ago, wubbs said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYKDlOYwLrx6-MetXbjJr

Mmmm a few people standing in the aisles (most not shown), a few congregating down the front along with a few at the kiosks and and at. the shitehooses

If the gaps were more sporadic rather than  the back two rows I’d be more inclined to believe that people didn’t even bother to attend but the way the gaps are I’m prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt in that they are situated elsewhere 

Again, this photo could have been taken at half time or before kick off

Edited by DoonTheSlope

54 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Mmmm a few people standing in the aisles (most not shown), a few congregating down the front along with a few at the kiosks and and at. the shitehooses

If the gaps were more sporadic rather than  the back two rows I’d be more inclined to believe that people didn’t even bother to attend but the way the gaps are I’m prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt in that they are situated elsewhere 

Again, this photo could have been taken at half time or before kick off

The photo doesn't show anyone congregating down the front, not does it show how many were at kiosks or toilets. All it shows is the number of empty seats in a snap shot of the crowd at a particular point during the evening. The gaps are sporadic if you look closely.

The photo was taken towards the end of the first half (I am top left, and moved further down as soon as the half time whistle went). If that photo had been taken at half time people would be sitting down, some would have food and drink, and I doubt anyone would be waving a flag, clapping, or looking in the same direction.

12 minutes ago, wubbs said:

The photo doesn't show anyone congregating down the front, not does it show how many were at kiosks or toilets. All it shows is the number of empty seats in a snap shot of the crowd at a particular point during the evening. The gaps are sporadic if you look closely.

Exactly, but you are trying to pass it off as evidence that people never bothered to turn up

All this unwarranted criticism that I’ve seen on here and social media of the SSC staff is going beyond the pale.  The staff will bear the brunt of disgruntled fans who didn’t get tickets, no doubt for years to come when people just fancy a dig at them. The SSC aren’t perfect by any means but this debacle had nothing to do with what the SSC did or didn’t do

Having seen the shambles that the SSC staff had to deal with by the Hungarian FAs poor organisation at first hand, I suggest anyone with any grievances should be directing any anger towards our Hungarian counterparts and not the SSC staff

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

10 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Exactly, but you are trying to pass it off as evidence that people never bothered to turn up

You asked for a panoramic photo as proof. Whilst this isn't a panoramic, it is a photo taken during the game, and shows plenty of gaps in the crowd.
Are you suggesting the entire back two rows decided to go for a slash at the same time?

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

All this unwarranted criticism that I’ve seen on here and social media of the SSC staff is going beyond the pale.  The staff will bear the brunt of disgruntled fans who didn’t get tickets, no doubt for years to come when people just fancy a dig at them. The SSC aren’t perfect by any means but this debacle had nothing to do with what the SSC did or didn’t do

Having seen the shambles that the SSC staff had to deal with by the Hungarian FAs poor organisation at first hand, I suggest anyone with any grievances should be directing any anger towards our Hungarian counterparts and not the SSC staff

SSC do a fantastic job. However that doesn't change the fact that there were at least 200 empty seats in the Scotland section, which is ridiculous given the number who watched the game in the pub.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

For the money we pay to the SSC I think they should have done more to help their members, especially as there were serious website problems that caused 8 point members to miss out.  Establishing how many wanted to travel, with the feedback they should have realised earlier their email ask for numbers didn't hit the all the group they wanted it to. 

Whatever the numbers of fans that renewed say 10,000, that is at least £400,000 and  it's a significate about of money that should ensure there was more clarity of what they 'tried' to do. My impression was they knew the problems but choose to ignore it. Also the silence about how many didn't pickup, that's also a joke...

The survey had 400 responses saying they were going. The SSC asked for a few thousand. The HFA said 1050 is your lot as that's 5% and what the segregated away section holds.

Granted there were website issues but the main problem was people not opting in for the emails despite being asked to previously. 

57 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

The survey had 400 responses saying they were going. The SSC asked for a few thousand. The HFA said 1050 is your lot as that's 5% and what the segregated away section holds.

Granted there were website issues but the main problem was people not opting in for the emails despite being asked to previously. 

I didn't get asked to opt into emails. I wasn't the only one. Who asked you to do it?

10 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I got an email on 28 Feb about Costa Rica and Hungary ticket sales and it was mentioned there. 

The renewal launch email of 6 Feb advised renewing members needed to change their passwords. Once changed, I'm sure that directed to the page about opting in.

Do you not think it should have been part of the renewal process? Or, how hard would it be for them to send out an email specifically entitled " you need to opt in to get emails" or something like that instead of burying it inside another message. They have history for hiding important messages in amongst a pile of other useless shyte that most folk aren't interested in. The only reason that I knew we had to go back into our profile to change that preference, was because some kind person posted it on the TAMB. Most Scotland fans don't know what the TAMB is , never mind use it.