Home end tickets - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Home end tickets

• 2 weeks later...

We had someone who works for a sponsor of the HFF try to get a ticket for someone in our group who hasn't got a ticket and the HFF shut them down and are trying their hardest to prevent any Scotland fans from sitting in the home end. Whether or not they will actually put this into practice on the day is a different question but they are definitely doing as much as they can to try to prevent it beforehand.

If only there was an easy way of preventing this from happening. Maybe something like making enough tickets available in the away section...

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

If only there was an easy way of preventing this from happening. Maybe something like making enough tickets available in the away section...

Sigh. We have the entire away section of the stadium. They can't increase the allocation as to do so would compromise their security arrangements.

1 hour ago, wubbs said:

Sigh. We have the entire away section of the stadium. They can't increase the allocation as to do so would compromise their security arrangements.

If the sections next to the away section are empty then there wouldn't be much impact on the security arrangements. The fans will be mixed on the routes to/from and outside the ground. Plus there is no segregation outside the ground so letting Scotland fans use an extra turnstile right next to the ones we will be using anyway wouldn't be a big deal. Much less of a security risk than haven dozens of away fans trying to get in the home end imo. If I remember correctly there was a similar setup in Prague with fans housed both in the official away section and in the sections right next to them.

Edited by theweestevie

13 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

If the sections next to the away section are empty then there wouldn't be much impact on the security arrangements. The fans will be mixed on the routes to/from and outside the ground. Plus there is no segregation outside the ground so letting Scotland fans use an extra turnstile right next to the ones we will be using anyway wouldn't be a big deal. Much less of a security risk than haven dozens of away fans trying to get in the home end imo. If I remember correctly there was a similar setup in Prague with fans housed both in the official away section and in the sections right next to them.

There is segregation immediately outside the gound. A metal fences separates the home and away sections.

Most countries are quite lax about their segregation. That doesn't mean that Hungary has to be lax too. They don't want to give us more tickets, and they have no obligation to do so. I don't think Scotland fans will have any chance of getting tickets for the home end, never mind getting in the stadium.

50 minutes ago, wubbs said:

There is segregation immediately outside the gound. A metal fences separates the home and away sections.

Most countries are quite lax about their segregation. That doesn't mean that Hungary has to be lax too. They don't want to give us more tickets, and they have no obligation to do so. I don't think Scotland fans will have any chance of getting tickets for the home end, never mind getting in the stadium.

I must be misrembering or thinking of somewhere else then. My bad.

And I agree, they can do what they want and they will have their reasons for it, just imo I don't think it would have taken much to have an extra section for Scotland fans (considering they have blocked off the 5 sections next to us already).

7 minutes ago, Alibev said:

Just been back to the stadium & stadium manager has came out to say no tickets will be sold to anyone with UK passport due to segregation laws.  Probably around 50 guys up looking for tickets at same time as us

FFS, bit of a joke there's going to be loads of space in the stadium.

Hungarians love their bureaucracy though. If it's not in the rules you've nae chance of getting what you want.

I said to guy at counter that the stadium will be empty but basically rules are rules. Hungarian fa have apparently said no Scots will be allowed in unless they are in Sfa section. I can only encourage all SSC members to complain to Sfa who should have known better than to agree to a friendly game unless they can secure enough tickets for all our travelling supporters. I know they only had 400 replies to their survey but alarm bells must have been ringing as we always take around 2000 fans when games are in Europe. 

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 10:18 PM, Scotschic said:

We arrive 21.30. My friends live there and said get the airport bus...same time into the centre as in a taxi and about £2.70 single. They run very regularly right into the city centre.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

FFS, bit of a joke there's going to be loads of space in the stadium.

Hungarians love their bureaucracy though. If it's not in the rules you've nae chance of getting what