Scottish cup weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

I’ve just read the dates and fixtures.      Celtic v Rangers                                  Saturday 14th April 

Motherwell v Aberdeen/Kilmarnock Sunday 15th April

1 minute ago, jcs said:

Just typed in Scottish cup semi finals 2018 couldn’t find it on SFA site though

I think Google's guessed the dates in the order they were pulled out. I'd be amazed if the Old Firm aren't the Sky game on the Sunday.

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Liam McCleod - Hearts have a 100 per cent record from the spot this season - Milinkovic 1 and Lafferty 2

Billy Dodds - well Lafferty missed the one v Kilmarnock during the week but that was a decisive finish

:wacko:

Noticed they fixed the mistake for the highlights tonight.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Sky already have two lunchtime kick offs scheduled for the Sunday. It’s highly likely that Celtic v Sevco will be a Saturday lunchtime affair.

It could be on the Sunday lunchtime - they've got an English Championship game at 12:00 and an English Premier League game at 13:30. They haven't shied away from having Scottish and English games on at the same time on different channels in the past. It may well be a 12:00 kick-off on the Sunday still.

6 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

It could be on the Sunday lunchtime - they've got an English Championship game at 12:00 and an English Premier League game at 13:30. They haven't shied away from having Scottish and English games on at the same time on different channels in the past. It may well be a 12:00 kick-off on the Sunday still.

Aye, Ross county v Celtic/Rangers.

Id think they’d want the OF game on its own, they know it will get an audience other Scottish games wouldn’t and they’ve got advertising to sell. So why put it up against an EPL game.

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A player raising his hands and striking his opponent is an automatic red card?

How much force was involved?

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

10 hours ago, slasher said:

Sky already have two lunchtime kick offs scheduled for the Sunday. It’s highly likely that Celtic v Sevco will be a Saturday lunchtime affair.

Unless they make it a 2.30 kickoff on the Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm curious as to what the reaction to that incident would be on here if the player that went down wasn't wearing a Rangers jersey

Not sure but I bet if the player giving out the sucker punch was wearing a Rangers jersey, I'd put my house on an early bath. 

40 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Might just be me but don't think there was enough force in that punch to have someone doubled over instantly, even if hit caught him square in the nuts!! 

So the victim is the guilty party for not being able to take any kind of punch?

Nonsense.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm curious as to what the reaction to that incident would be on here if the player that went down wasn't wearing a Rangers jersey

You're wee soft spot for Rangers is quite the thing.

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

You're wee soft spot for Rangers is quite the thing.

So wanting to see the laws of the game enforced to ensure a fair and even playing field automatically makes me a Rangers fan?

Let me guess, Celtc fan?

Edited by DoonTheSlope