Allocation - Page 7 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

No it isn't. The harvesters won't be there. The passport check is pretty much irrelevant to them. It's any folk who try to use the harvesters ticket who might have a problem.

If this passport scenario goes ahead and people are daft enough to by them from harvesters then hell mend them they’ve been warned that’s what I meant by harvesters nightmare 

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

If this passport scenario goes ahead and people are daft enough to by them from harvesters then hell mend them they’ve been warned that’s what I meant by harvesters nightmare 

Why?

How are the authorities in Hungary going to check the name of the Passport against the name on the ticket?

Who is going to put the name on the ticket?

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

Hell mend the "time for another quick one" mob that leave it until the last minute then complain about not getting inside for kick off

55 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Nope, must be original.

The outcry on twitter over passportgate is embarrassing. Grown men moaning that its a pick pocketers dream, that many will lose hem etc, its just ridiculous.

If people don’t get pished out there minds  then there’s a good chance they won’t lose their passport, I know that’s hard for some but it’s the answer, we went to the Germany game in Dortmund and this idiot besides us slept from just before kick off right through the game (Germany had just won the World Cup for fuck sake) no hope for some people, I like a good swally  just as much as anybody but im travelling to watch a football match I’ve got 3 other full days to get mangled

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hell mend the "time for another quick one" mob that leave it until the last minute then complain about not getting inside for kick off

I agree

5 minutes ago, Flure said:

Why?

How are the authorities in Hungary going to check the name of the Passport against the name on the ticket?

SFA have the names on the tickets they send out as a season/tournament package so it can’t be that difficult 

Just now, jcs said:

SFA have the names on the tickets they send out as a season/tournament package so it can’t be that difficult 

That's when the SFa actually produce the tickets.

These tickets will be printed in Hungary and couriered across to Scotland.

Are the SSC staff going to sit down and write names on a thousand tickets - between receiving them from Hungary and posting them out to fans?

9 minutes ago, Flure said:

Are the SSC staff going to sit down and write names on a thousand tickets - between receiving them from Hungary and posting them out to fans?

Don’t know mate i don’t work for the SSC just saying what I’ve seen, I don’t want to piss on anybody’s parade I hope every Scotland supporter gets in, I don’t think it would be that difficult though, they’re gonnae look right fuckin stupid if the tickets are sent out and the names aren’t on them after putting a warning email out

Edited by jcs

16 minutes ago, Flure said:

If the Hungarian fans have do this as well, then the Hungarian FA must have the facility to put names on tickets. Maybe they’ll get the list this week from SSC and add them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had to phone up yesterday as I hadn’t allocated the tickets to members. I mentioned about selecting postage and maybe should have just selected pick up given time scales. They said good chance we’ll all have to pick up for that reason.

2 minutes ago, McToot said:

If the Hungarian fans have do this as well, then the Hungarian FA must have the facility to put names on tickets. Maybe they’ll get the list this week from SSC and add them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had to phone up yesterday as I hadn’t allocated the tickets to members. I mentioned about selecting postage and maybe should have just selected pick up given time scales. They said good chance we’ll all have to pick up for that reason.

I have a very strong suspicion that there will be no names on tickets.

There was something in the email today about pick up but I thought it was the usual statement,  we pick up anyway I’m not paying for post when it’s straightforward to pick them up

Edited by jcs

32 minutes ago, Flure said:

Why?

My ticket has got my name on it, does your's not? Your's might be a fake?

27 minutes ago, Flure said:

The SFA have printers too. Whether they know how to use them is a different matter.

24 minutes ago, jcs said:

Don’t know mate i don’t work for the SSC just saying what I’ve seen, I don’t want to piss on anybody’s parade I hope every Scotland supporter gets in, I don’t think it would be that difficult though, they’re gonnae look right fuckin stupid if the tickets are sent out and the names aren’t on them after putting a warning email out

Never bothered them before.

17 minutes ago, Flure said:

I have a very strong suspicion that there will be no names on tickets.

I agree.

However, I also have a very strong suspicion that if names are printed on the tickets they will not have middle names on, which corresponds from my SSC account and passport which could be detrimental to a number of folk if the police are as strict as is being made out 

Ive noticed this in the past with tickets for home games 

I reckon there won't be any names on the tickets but you will still have to produce ID on entry. It's the law to be able to show ID if requested in Hungary

Everyone has been well warned to take their passport and if they don't get in by failing to follow a simple request then that's hard lines. Some of the faux outrage towards the SSC on social media is laughable, anything to have a go at the SSC though  

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, Flure said:

Why?

The SFA are sending a list to the Hungarian FA on Friday. They will be cutting it very fine for ticket postage in this country.