Allocation - Page 3 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

11 hours ago, jcs said:

They won’t sell out on 1st day of sale everyone on 7 points or more is guaranteed on 1st day or they would have started at 8 points n above 

Maybe.

everyone on 7 points or above who had memberships at the time of announcing tickets would get one. Several people have renewed since then. They may now have more members on 7-12 than tickets.

I wonder if they sell more than the allocation (and they can't get more), they'll refund money to those on lowest points who bought a ticket.

16 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Maybe.

everyone on 7 points or above who had memberships at the time of announcing tickets would get one. Several people have renewed since then. They may now have more members on 7-12 than tickets.

I wonder if they sell more than the allocation (and they can't get more), they'll refund money to those on lowest points who bought a ticket.

They won’t sell more than allocated not worth the hassle of having to do refunds good luck if your still waiting mate

6 minutes ago, jcs said:

They won’t sell more than allocated not worth the hassle of having to do refunds good luck if your still waiting mate

But they are selling tickets and memberships concurrently. Several people on 7-12 have since renewed their membership, so there may now be more members on 7-12 than there are tickets available.

7 minutes ago, wubbs said:

But they are selling tickets and memberships concurrently. Several people on 7-12 have since renewed their membership, so there may now be more members on 7-12 than there are tickets available.

Would have thought they would have  projected figures to take your scenario into account but even if they didn’t all they have to say is tickets now sold out,  as I said not worth the hassle of using up staff doing refunds just my opinion 

how can they have projected figures?

cancelling tickets and refunding money to those on 7 (and possibly 8) points to satisfy demand for those on higher points would be the correct decision. Yes it might be a hassle, but not doing it make a mockery of the points system. Why should a 12 pointer miss out on a ticket at the expense of a 7 pointer?

1 hour ago, wubbs said:

how can they have projected figures?

cancelling tickets and refunding money to those on 7 (and possibly 8) points to satisfy demand for those on higher points would be the correct decision. Yes it might be a hassle, but not doing it make a mockery of the points system. Why should a 12 pointer miss out on a ticket at the expense of a 7 pointer?

I disagree, if people renew after the tickets have alrady gone on sale then no way should tickets be taken from those who renewed and purchased tickets.

22 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I disagree, if people renew after the tickets have alrady gone on sale then no way should tickets be taken from those who renewed and purchased tickets.

So what happens if a 12 pointer (who renewed membership a few weeks back) tries to buy a ticket tomorrow morning at 9 am and there are none left? 

The deciding factor for who gets a ticket should be number of points. Not when you bought membership, and not when you logged on to buy your ticket. Otherwise why are we bothering with a points system?

edit: were 7-12 points only yesterday until today? Thought it was a 48 hour window?

Edited by wubbs

1 minute ago, wubbs said:

So what happens if a 12 pointer (who renewed membership a few weeks back) tries to buy a ticket tomorrow morning at 9 am and there are none left? 

The deciding factor for who gets a ticket should be number of points. Not when you bought membership, and not when you logged on to buy your ticket. Otherwise why are we bothering with a points system?

If a 12 pointer tries to get tickets tomorrow and there are none left then that’s there fault 4 of us 11 and we bought yesterday that’s the whole point in a sales schedule 

6 minutes ago, jcs said:

If a 12 pointer tries to get tickets tomorrow and there are none left then that’s there fault 4 of us 11 and we bought yesterday that’s the whole point in a sales schedule 

I thought the original window was 48 hours.

however, a 12 pointer could have logged on this morning to find no tickets left.  In which case I think SSC should have cancelled a ticket from a 7 pointer and allocated it to the 12 pointer. 

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Sold out...on 6 points and forgot about the sale. Was caught up watching the boxing from last night. Ah well..........

There’s a chance the SSC might ask for more it’s happened a few times mate

Went onto site at 12 noon to get 4 tix , 2 x 10 pointers and 2 x 6 pointers so that we would be sitting together

IT STATED I COULD ONLY GET 3 ???????????? WHY ?????

When i changed it to 3 it came back and said sold out ,

Shambles - Hope the SFA get more as all booked up

10 minutes ago, wubbs said:

however, a 12 pointer could have logged on this morning to find no tickets left.  In which case I think SSC should have cancelled a ticket from a 7 pointer and allocated it to the 12 pointer. 

What if the 7 pointer hadn’t booked flights & digs till securing their ticket . Would the sfa refund them ?i idoubt it 

9 minutes ago, wubbs said:

The original sales window was 24 hours. There ssc will have known how many people from each point category will have renewed and how many could renew and would have taken that into consideration

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

The original sales window was 24 hours. There ssc will have known how many people from each point category will have renewed and how many could renew and would have taken that into consideration

Correct

I was on nine points before I renewed. Didn't get any emails from sfa re ticket sale  - tried earlier in week when site wasn't working. Just got a message from a mate saying tickets sold out . First time I tried today it said sold out -just tried again and was able to buy one. What a fucking shambles

1 minute ago, irnbruman said:

I was on nine points before I renewed. Didn't get any emails from sfa re ticket sale  - tried earlier in week when site wasn't working. Just got a message from a mate saying tickets sold out . First time I tried today it said sold out -just tried again and was able to buy one. What a fucking shambles

That's not a problem exclusive to the SSC, it happen with all ticketing agencies. If someone has tickets in their basket and they take too long to process the transaction they will be kicked out and any tickets are back on sale