Allocation - Page 11 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

On 13/03/2018 at 6:38 PM, The Bunnet said:

Re cancelling tickets, their is no need for long winded reasons. Just cannot go is fine. As long as you let them know, tickets will be resold. Plenty get a ticket before finalising trip, then too expensive, cannot get time off or other half puts foot down, or keep powder dry for later. Our wee group will give stadium a bash re tickets, morning of the game or happily watch in a boozer.

No tckets are being resold as the original members name is on the ticket. Seems a waste of tickets to me  , especially when its a low allocation, but not much the SFA can do on this occasion.  

15 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

No tckets are being resold as the original members name is on the ticket. Seems a waste of tickets to me  , especially when its a low allocation, but not much the SFA can do on this occasion.  

They could just print another ticket with another name on it? 

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Why would they bother? They sold us their allocation and made their money. They won't care if some folk can't make it and the ticket can't be used.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Seems not. I called them yesterday as my mum is in hospital and I need to cancel the trip. I thought I could free up my 2 tckets to give someone else the chance of having them , but they said they cant take cancellations as the names are on our tickets. I got the impresion it was the Hungarian fa that made this decision, but who knows.  

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Seems not. I called them yesterday as my mum is in hospital and I need to cancel the trip. I thought I could free up my 2 tckets to give someone else the chance of having them , but they said they cant take cancellations as the names are on our tickets. I got the impresion it was the Hungarian fa that made this decision, but who knows.  

Oh aye, right enough. I'd forgotten it was the Hungarian FA that printed the names on, and not the SFA. As Wubbs says, they won't be bothered. I'm sure the SFA could sort it if they wanted to. Just give the tickets to somebody who needs them, and take your points. They don't make it easy for folk to be honest.

I blame Flure. He said the names would NOT be on the tickets.;)

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Oh aye, right enough. I'd forgotten it was the Hungarian FA that printed the names on, and not the SFA. As Wubbs says, they won't be bothered. I'm sure the SFA could sort it if they wanted to. Just give the tickets to somebody who needs them, and take your points. They don't make it easy for folk to be honest.

I blame Flure. He said the names would NOT be on the tickets.;)

I am no that honest,  I got chosen for a pick or those tickets would be winging themselves to anyone who could rustle up Mr and Mrs Tdyer63 passports 🙂

Come to think ot it , that ambassador guy could be doing a few homers as we speak. No wonder he looked so chirpy in that video. 

And know what you are thinking, you are thinking ‘ is her mum really in hospital’  ? 🙄

Flure has submitted an official complaint as his tickets arrived in standard post under the very common title of Mr J Flure. It would appear there is no ‘Lord and Lady’ options in the Hungarian FA. 

54 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am no that honest,  I got chosen for a pick or those tickets would be winging themselves to anyone who could rustle up Mr and Mrs Tdyer63 passports 🙂

Come to think ot it , that ambassador guy could be doing a few homers as we speak. No wonder he looked so chirpy in that video. 

And know what you are thinking, you are thinking ‘ is her mum really in hospital’  ? 🙄

Flure has submitted an official complaint as his tickets arrived in standard post under the very common title of Mr J Flure. It would appear there is no ‘Lord and Lady’ options in the Hungarian FA. 

Aye, right.   Just one of his minor Dukedoms mibbee.

gentleman.jpg

Karlfamily.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why they left it so last minute?  It must've been when they realised their team are pish and there was no way they'd sell out any of the home ends.  Perhaps they should have given the SSC more than 1050 when the SSC originally asked for more tickets at the initial discussions.

And given the problems created by the Hungarian law on ticket selling (name, d.o.b., place of birth on ticket etc) I'm not sure how the SSC would have distributed a last minute allocation.  It would ideally have had to be based on away points but how do they get that message out to fans that are already in Budapest?  How do they co-ordinate the orders?  The SSC never had enough staff on the ground to sell and distribute an extra 1000 or so tickets with the legislative info that needed to be on the tickets.

And, rightly, the SSC cannot vouch for all Scottish fans that go to a sale organised by the HFA.  How do they know they are SSC members?  Would points have been allocated to SSC members?  Where in the stadium would this section have been?  The Hungarians had fans in every available section of the grounds - how would segregation have worked at the last minute?

Total arse covering exercise by the HFA now that the finger is being pointed at them.

If only they'd fronted up with 2,500 away tickets in the first place then this whole sorry episode would largely have been avoided.

Maybe the HFA thought the home sections would sell, but a few Hungarians that spoke to me on different occasions seemed pretty hacked off that Azerbaijan thumped them, so that maybe drove their support away.

On the other hand, the behind-the-goal section beside our corner seemed also to have netting round it, so was maybe a 2000-seat segregated area.   Maybe too big for the SSC to risk?

I wouldn't let the SSC escape criticism on this. Customer service of the Club has been dropping for years now and I'd have zero confidence in their ability to negotiate a decent allocation or even have it as a priority to get a decent allocation in the first place.

The HFA have made a total mess of this. The SFA need called out when they're in the wrong such as the new ticket system and the subsequent delays with renewing.

But when it comes to away allocations we're permitted 5%/10% in Europe. Time and again they've secured us more than the minimum. 

GrimJim I didn't notice the netting at the adjacent section to us but I'm sure ours was the only one with the perspex surround which designates the away section.

30 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

GrimJim I didn't notice the netting at the adjacent section to us but I'm sure ours was the only one with the perspex surround which designates the away section.

Perspex?   I thought that was just 2-way-mirror glass so we could watch the "home" fans indulge in their 2 pints each :unsure: