RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT.... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT....

Took me an 1 hr 20 mins to get to work, normally 45 mins, so not really a big deal. 

Trains were all mainly cancelled so husband drove me to Glasgow which was on his way. The most frustrating part of the whole journey was the radio. Radio Scotland constantly having callers on , telling us about their journey. Kirsty Wark calling in  telling us  about her train journey. Who the fook cares? Turned it over to Radio 2 to get Chris Evans talking about theit coverage of the Royal Wedding 😩 

Never been so glad to get to work. Only for everyone talking about how they are getting home ....

Nobody should have travelled unless absolutely necessary this morning. FM Nicola Sturgeon and Police Scotland said so

Risking life and limb to make it to work isn't necessary. If you had a fatal accident en route then your employer would replace you within a week

There can be no repurcusions such as non-payment for today as you have simply followed local police and government advice 

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Nobody should have travelled unless absolutely necessary this morning. FM Nicola Sturgeon and Police Scotland said so

Risking life and limb to make it to work isn't necessary. If you had a fatal accident en route then your employer would replace you within a week

There can be no repurcusions such as non-payment for today as you have simply followed local police and government advice 

Never thought I'd see the day I'd agree with you!

I'm not risking anything to do work I can easily do from home.  I'll heed government and official agencies rather than people who like to just moan about people not going to work.

27 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I can only assume that the red alert is for the dusting of snow.

FFS min, you have nae idea how bad it is. It's about 2 inches deep already. I don't know what happens when it gets to 6 inches. I think they have run out of colours.

All trains cancelled in the red zone, where ever that is. Mind you, they cancelled the trains somewhere doon south yesterday and they never saw as much as one snowflake. 

Panic merchants. I don't mind that too much though. If they can persuade the folk who don't know how to drive in snow, to stay at home it makes life easier for the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Good idea - make love to anybody and everybody you can before you perish in the Armageddon. 

😂,  I would rather crawl home 15 miles in the buff . 

Looks like I am being sent home . Yippee. I love the snow. 

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Can anyone confirm if it's true that your insurance is void if you drive during code red?

"Drivers are also being urged to check the terms and agreements of their car insurance premium to ensure they are fully covered in adverse weather conditions."

I didn't realise there was such a thing until you mentioned it.  Some info on Google about it.

2 hours to get to work this morning. Usually takes 25 mins. The major hold up was the guy who got stuck causing chaos for everybody else.

It's time they made folk responsible for their actions. Don't go out driving in the snow if you don't have the skills or the equipment. If he had been on winter tyres he'd probably have been fine.

16 minutes ago, Big Col said:

2 hours to get to work this morning. Usually takes 25 mins. The major hold up was the guy who got stuck causing chaos for everybody else.

It's time they made folk responsible for their actions. Don't go out driving in the snow if you don't have the skills or the equipment. If he had been on winter tyres he'd probably have been fine.

Or you and others could have heeded the advice given to people from the Scottish Government and Police Scotland and not travel to work